Upgrading phone before contract ends?

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
I have a crappy Blackberry on Vodafone, contract doesn't end til Jan but I know I can upgrade online beginning of Nov.

Is there anyway I can do this earlier? I really hate this phone and it constantly freezes on me, basically a pile of crap!

OH said something about phones4u buy you out of your contract but it sounds a bit iffy to me :shrug:

Xx

I got to do an early upgrade with Vodafone. They let me do it 190 days early. It was an upgrade option on my online Vodafone account.

You'd have to ring and ask, sometimes they allow it but with a charge

Yes phones 4 u can buy you out of a contract, they will usually buy you out up to six months before. Careful though cos I think you end up paying for it really as you will probably pay more for less (with minutes etc) as that is how they make the money up.

Phones 4 u have started doing a new sort of contract called JUMP. If you google it, it will explain more but basically you can change your phone as often as every 6 months as you pay one amount for the handset and one for the minutes, texts, internet. When i enquired about it, they offered to buy me out of my current contract

Ring voda would be the best thing. Im with orange and phone broke 30 days before upgrade i just rang and explained honestly what tge issue was and asked if i could upgrade.

Dont go through phones4you they'll do anything to earn the commison

They might let you upgrade if you pay off the rest of the contract x

I got a new phone from phones 4u a few weeks ago, they gave me £190 to pay off my contract :) I go tgere everytime I want a new phone x

I got a new phone from phones 4u a few weeks ago, they gave me £190 to pay off my contract :) I go tgere everytime I want a new phone x

And there's no catch? You don't get extra added on to your bill?

It just sounds too good to be true to me :shrug:

Xx

Nope there's no catch! They gave me £100, plus the other £90 which was for trading in my old phone. They phined up orange for me and told them to take the rest of my balance off my account, they gave me cash and I went and put it in the bank! Got a new contract on orange, same money per month as I was paying :)

Hope that makes sense. If you go in an ask im sure they will explain. I think they are allocated so much money to give out per day so ur prob best going on a week day when its less busy and they might give you more. I got the 100 but I heard someone else getting 75. When I first when in he said he could give me 80 and I just said oh I can't afford to pay my own money towards paying it off, and he said ok il give U 100.... Lol

Honestly there's no catch, I think that's maybe the 3rd time Iv done it? Xx

I work for Vodafone Customer Services :thumbup:

If your upgrade date is november then that won't be changed. The only way you could upgrade earlier would be to pay off your current contract and then upgrade then.

I agree with others, phones 4 u tend to be pretty good in terms of buying out your contract for you so you can start again with them! You may not necessarily get as good a deal but it may certainly be worth it if you can get a new phone now xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->