upset over fertilisation report

kaye

Reaction score
Hi

We retrieved 8 eggs. 7 of which were mature but 2 died when trying to inject the sperm. Out of the 5 remaining only 2 fertilised correctly.

Feel really gutted.

I know we only need 1 but not holding out much hope of them making it till tomorrow for day 2 transfer.

Gutted feel like I could cry forever

:hugs: Don't give up hope. All it takes is one. I've done IVF twice and both times only ended up with 2 embies each. In beginning of both, had several embies, but due to my poor egg quality they died off fast. didnt think I'd end up with any but always managed to get 2. Keep hope! :hugs:

Hi Kaye,

Sorry you're upset about your fert report :hugs: but don't loose hope.

I had my ER last wed and they retrived 3 eggs, only one fertilised properly. I was completely devastated and sat by my phone for two days waiting for the clinic to call and cancel the ET. Thankfully they didn't and I had my one embie transfered back to me on Saturday. I'm really hoping it does only take one!!

Wishing you all the best of luck for the next few days. :flower:

kaye, so sorry you are upset. that is hard. just wanted to send a hug!!!! like pp, it only takes one.... hoping the next few days go well. hang in there!!!!
BIG HUG!

I was successful on 1st icsi attempt - keep positive - as people say it only needs one to stick!

I had a similar number to you. 8 eggs. 7 mature. Only 3 fertilised. We put the best 2 back in and one of those is now 21m and is fast asleep upstairs :) I know it's disheartening, especially when you hear of bumper crops from other ladies, but I'm sure you have a golden egg there! I had a 2 day transfer too. My consultant suggested we get them safely back inside their mummy for the next 9m ;-)

I had a similar number to you. 8 eggs. 7 mature. Only 3 fertilised. We put the best 2 back in and one of those is now 21m and is fast asleep upstairs :) I know it's disheartening, especially when you hear of bumper crops from other ladies, but I'm sure you have a golden egg there! I had a 2 day transfer too. My consultant suggested we get them safely back inside their mummy for the

Aww what a lovely positive end. Congrats. Your story has really cheered me up and made me smile. Here's hoping I have a golden one too xxx thanks for sharing and making me feel like we do have hope x

Hi.

Yes had 2 day transfer today. Only 1 out of the 2 was able to be used but was a 4 cell embryo of good quality. All we can do now is try to be positive and wait.

Thanks xx

Hope your ok?

That's great news :) Now for the dreaded 2ww!

Everything crossed for you x

Well ladies I think that my 1 and only embie has stuck.

We got a bfp today 10dp2dt on clearblue digital saying 1-2 weeks.

I'm. Praying this is right and true.
Thanks for your words of comfort when I was down. X

Congratulations Kaye that's wonderful news! :happydance:

Hi

My OTD is today so I am ringing the clinic today.

Have you got one booked?

So excited and nervous all at the same time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"