Upsetting name incident- new vote pls

mizzyb

Reaction score
Hi been very upset we have intended to call our little girl Willow Raven. I decided probably quite foolishly to write it on facebook and ask for opinions. Well my partners dad messaged us to say he hates Raven its a dark horror type of name! I dont see it as that I see it as earthy and I adore birds. I was highly upset as I never would have thought he would respond so strongly so anyway there has always been a worry too with the name Willow as my mums dog has that name but my mum gave her blessing to use it and said willow dog is old now anyway she wont be around for years to come, and that our daughter would hve the name for life but then after writing on facebook other family members have responded saying that it will just remind them off the dog so in one day our dream names have been crumbled to dust. I have cried many tears but have come up with some alternatives. However we are goig to keep willow on the list as if we decide when she arrives it has to be willow then we will go with that sod what anyone else says!

Anyway keeping options open we came across some names that have stirred interest in us and id like to hear what you ladies think (im not writing name ideas on facebok again!)

first names:

Rayna
Aeryn
Eliza
Evelyn

Possible middle names:

Autumn
Rose
Fawn
Ivy.

I love willow rose and evelyn autumn and eliza rose! :)

I think you should stick with Willow, your daughter, not theirs :)

Hiya,

Don't let anyone turn you off the names you have picked. I love Willow Raven and its absolutely no one elses business what so ever. Its your baby, your choice, your names and anyone who objects or says anything against what you have chosen is absolutely bang out of order.
Being a pagan myself and having lived a slightly alternative life style for all my life I like slightly less popular names and if other people don't like it, its absolutely tuff poop. Eventually they will accept your baby name and associate it with the baby not anything dark or anything to do with pets. Your choice, don't be bullied or pushed around by anyone.
Willow is beautiful and comes from nature and Raven to me is spiritual as my patron goddess is associated with ravens. Nothing wrong with it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do xx

I LOVE Evelyn Autumn, I have an Evelyn (Evie) myself though so I'm a bit biased ;)

But I agree with Isabella & AndiLou I would keep your original if you are in love with it :)

I love Evelyn, it will be my DD's middle name if I have a girl. But seriously if you and your OH love Willow Raven don't be swayed by what anyone else has to say. It is quirky and unique and it is your baby after all not theirs!! It's funny how quick name grumblers come round after the baby is born and they can never imagine the baby called anything else once they are used to it. Go with your gut hun, if you settle for second best you will probably always regret it :flower: x

You ladies are flippin wondeful! picking my mood right up so I thank you x

We ran into this as well with my mother. She HATES the name William and the only reason she gave was because of a guy she knew that she had history with....But not...bad history :saywhat: But it's OH's first name (uses it as a middle name) and all the men in the family are named William. Stick with your original name choice if you love it. How I see it is that you are the parents, you have to look into that baby's eyes every day, you have to raise that child, you, you, you...

Once the baby is here and has the name officially, the baby becomes that name and people will start to see the baby as just that name and nothing else. Usually all the other name history goes away. At least that is what I have heard and I am hoping so!

If you do change the name, I love Rayna Rose. Rayna is such a beautiful name. I had Raine on my short list for a girl. I'll send you my top girl pick in messages (it's a rare name that doesn't get used and will be my little girl's name if i should ever be blessed with one).

Willow is a beautiful name by the way. That was on my short list as well, lol!

Love Willow Raven!!! Dont change your baby' s name because other people dont like it!!!! My mother in law told me she didnt like the name we chose for our baby boy but you know what??? I couldnt care less!!!!!

Willow Raven is a lovely name and my favourite from your list.

Your baby, your choice. Screw what everyone else thinks. It's none of their business.

I say stick with your original if it is what you really want. But I also really like Evelyn Rose.

I was upset about possibly missing out on willow raven but the more i think of these alternative options the more they grow on me!!!

So t post your name to fb ever! That's just a rule!!!

I love Willow <3 I'm not a fan of Raven myself...does seen a bit dark

The new names seem so different from what you originally picked!! Please go with your heart!!

I love Willow Raven, its a gorgeous name. i think if thats the name you and your oh love, you should stick to it. However out of the alternative list, i also love Eliza Rose. x

See I announced my name on fb at 16 weeks just because theres so many people pregnant at the minute, I wanted to get it out there ASAP lol!! So someone else didnt pick it and accuse of 'stealing' :haha:

Eliza rose sounds beautiful!! We considered Eliza but found out we were having a boy :) Noone likes our name choice which is Oscar but i dont give a shit, its my baby and therefore i chose his name- noone else! We've had comments about it being a dogs name and that ozzy as a nickname is awful.. i really dont care and wouldnt even consider changing it, just to please others. No matter what name you pick, someone will have something to say, trust me x

From those names I personally would probably choose Willow Rose. Nothing at all against the name Raven though, I just think Willow Rose sounds nice. (I LOVE the name Willow) :)

Thanks again! were quite keen on the idea now of Rayna Fae (fae means fairy!) so this name is very much our cuppa tea so we might be having this but going to keep all name options open to see what suits her when she is here. x

Rayna Fae is lovely. Fae was on my list. We have middle names but no first names. So ours will be. ..............Ivy Leigh Beetles. Just trying to persuade oh to just leave as that. But he will only allow Ivy as a middle name. Love that its on your middle name list. It was my dads mums name - I never met her.
Maybe just keep your lists and see what suits when she comes, that is what we are doing for first names....and sod what every one thinks. Its your child not theirs.x

Also, the name Wren is very beautiful and seems your style! I wanted Violet Wren but hubby isn't keen on Wren do we're going for Violet Jane nickname Letty x only change it if you want to and ignore everyone else. I don't understand why people respond negatively when you're clearly announcing your chosen name! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->