urgent advise needed on baby room temp + number of blankets

charmed

mummy to 1, ttc no.2
Reaction score
hiya ladies, i just need some advise about baby bedding.
In her nursey we have the cot set up, ready for when she is bigger, with 2 laying flat flannette sheets and a mamas and papas duvet and bumper.. and we have quite a few knitted and brough woll blankets and celluars.. and the baby monitor which changes colour for the temp.
Thing is i suddently though that baby is in her moses basket for a while in our room or living room depending where i am, and then though i need another temp guide so i can tell temp of which ever room she is in..and the basket ive got 2 small moses b mothercare flat flannette sheets and of course can use the celluars and stuff too. so what i need know is:

how many blankets or sheets should i use depending on the temp shown on guide - anyone know a chart to follow....

any good small portable temp guides i can use to move from room 2room

Thanks in advance xxxx

https://www.hipp.co.uk/definitionlist.aspx?pageid=30&definitionname=bedding for babies

we are using gro bags because I hate worrying about blankets :haha:

Weve got a gro egg thermometer...its fab! Also our monitor has the temp on it and can be read from the parent unit and the gro egg is really small and can be moved and plugged in wherever...also the gro egg comes with instructions about wjat to dress baby in also lol re blankets sleep suits vests etc xxx they are worth the money xxx about £20 xxxx

The gro egg isnt that small. And it only has a guide for gro bags. X

We ever got n with sleeping bag until she was about 6 months. Isn't there a minimum age that they're recommended for?

With our LO we had the room a about 19 degrees and she's wear a vest, sleepsuit, a swaddle (they're fairly thin. And then a blanket tucked in over the top. She's always been quite a warm baby.

I love our gro egg and have bought another for this baby which will be in our room until he moves. My daughter still has hers and it acts as a little nightlight.x

8lb is the minimum weight for the actual gro bags, i dont know about other brands

My gro egg has come with a guide for blankets and vests also as well as a guide for their own brand sleeping bags. And its smaller than my hand xxx

Kool thx guys they r on offer at mo for nearly 10 think in mothercare or boots.. X

We had a gro egg too and so that was really helpful to let us know the temp in the room and could easily be moved from room to room. The only thing I found was the ideal temp is 16-19 degrees and ours was always 19-22 which according to the egg and the guidelines is too warm but it's common sense I still felt on the cold side so dressed baby appropriately to that..

Anyway, I think we used a sleeping bag until 7 months when he became too mobile and hated it. On the nights we didn't or when he was really small I used either a folder cellular blanket which would count as two layers or a fleece blanket. I never used sheets as layers nor did i really stick to the chart religiously. Most of the bags or blankets I have bought have a little guide on temp and blankets and the gro egg comes with a guide too.. Or pop on any website ie the gro website or babycenter and you can find it there (can't post a link as on phone and not that technical)

We have a gro egg too and its small so will move It to what ever room baby is sleeping,baby will b in sleeping bags

Hm now I'm thinking i will go get a gro egg after reading how much you ladies like them. .I got one at my shower and thought it was a great idea but returned it after reading terrible reviews that it was wildly inaccurate. Maybe I'll get it again and give it a try!

Iv found mine to b accurate so far lol weve been testing the bedroom to see how cold it is...DH always says I have the room like an igloo lol and he is right lol....way too cold for a baby so am having to keep window shut in day etc xxx

Thanks I've heard the boots portable one for 10is good too. They are £14 in mothercare at moment so may get one. X

A little confused... Wouldn't you keep the temp the same as the rest of the house? Is this something you worry about in the UK? We keep the house at a comfortable temp and always swaddle baby. I never had a thermometer near baby. If I was comfy I figured she was

Very few houses over here have AC or anything and with the ever changing weather the temp never stays the same in the house.

Thanks, I guess that makes a difference. I have been spoiled here in Utah and growing up in hawaii where the temp stays about the same year round we never worried about things like that (never had climate control there, no a/c )

When I had DS1 one room was 17 and one was 24 it was so hard to have an idea what to dress him in from one room to the next :rofl:

This house seems to say the same temp in each room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->