urgent advise needed on baby room temp + number of blankets

Wow! That is a huge difference, knowing me I would prefer to be in the cooler part of the house.

I normally do but it was the box room, you couldn't move in it :haha:

I just went by feel and my thermometer thingy that gave a temp then listed beside it what is ideal for baby to wear. Generally LO was in a sleep suit and a blanket as I always kept her window open and room about 12 degrees in the summer. Both OH and I have had febrile Convulsions so we chose to keep her on the colder side.
This time the babies room is the warmest in the house, but the house is a cold house so prob the same.

hiya ladies, i just need some advise about baby bedding.
In her nursey we have the cot set up, ready for when she is bigger, with 2 laying flat flannette sheets and a mamas and papas duvet and bumper.. and we have quite a few knitted and brough woll blankets and celluars.. and the baby monitor which changes colour for the temp.
Thing is i suddently though that baby is in her moses basket for a while in our room or living room depending where i am, and then though i need another temp guide so i can tell temp of which ever room she is in..and the basket ive got 2 small moses b mothercare flat flannette sheets and of course can use the celluars and stuff too. so what i need know is:

how many blankets or sheets should i use depending on the temp shown on guide - anyone know a chart to follow....

any good small portable temp guides i can use to move from room 2room

Thanks in advance xxxx

Just a point about the cot bumper, don't use it until baby is rolling over and able to push themselves away from the bumper if they roll into it at night. Another SIDS guideline to prevent suffocation, better without one in all honesty to ensure maximum air circulation.

As far as the gro bags go, my lo is 3 months old now and big enough not to slip down into it, we have a 1 tog for summer and a 2.5 for when its cold. She wears a vest and sleepsuit or baby bundler (john lewis online, brilliant!) underneath the gro bag. As far as the thermometer is concerned, I bought a thermometer that is also waterproof so multi useful for bedroom and bath, its by brother max, think I got it from john lewis or boots.

hiya ladies, i just need some advise about baby bedding.
In her nursey we have the cot set up, ready for when she is bigger, with 2 laying flat flannette sheets and a mamas and papas duvet and bumper.. and we have quite a few knitted and brough woll blankets and celluars.. and the baby monitor which changes colour for the temp.
Thing is i suddently though that baby is in her moses basket for a while in our room or living room depending where i am, and then though i need another temp guide so i can tell temp of which ever room she is in..and the basket ive got 2 small moses b mothercare flat flannette sheets and of course can use the celluars and stuff too. so what i need know is:

how many blankets or sheets should i use depending on the temp shown on guide - anyone know a chart to follow....

any good small portable temp guides i can use to move from room 2room

Thanks in advance xxxx

Just a point about the cot bumper, don't use it until baby is rolling over and able to push themselves away from the bumper if they roll into it at night. Another SIDS guideline to prevent suffocation, better without one in all honesty to ensure maximum air circulation.

As far as the gro bags go, my lo is 3 months old now and big enough not to slip down into it, we have a 1 tog for summer and a 2.5 for when its cold. She wears a vest and sleepsuit or baby bundler (john lewis online, brilliant!) underneath the gro bag. As far as the thermometer is concerned, I bought a thermometer that is also waterproof so multi useful for bedroom and bath, its by brother max, think I got it from john lewis or boots.

Was just going to say the same thing about the cot bumper. We won't be using one at all, even though they do look so pretty it's not worth the risk.

OP I also have a grow egg which is reassuring but totally agree with PP that it is common sense as far as temp goes, also better to be too cold than too hot. My baby is due beginning of June and I will be using a light swaddle and if chilly a cellular blanket. Don't worry you will know what is best. Hope that helps xx :flower:

thanks, yes im aware bout the bumer and cover, its just for display as cot will not be used for first few months, then i will take them off at night time.
Thanks for all the advise, seems like as long as has a normal baby grow then a sleep suit with arms and legs and a blanket and rooms bout 16 to 20 deg should be fine. thanks ladies, just need the baby now hehe

I bought a gro egg yesterday and set it up in our room just out of curiosity and keep having a peek at what the temp is :lol:

Yesterday evening I went up to shut the windows and thought I would check the temp, it said 24.4 and was glowing orange, it says it should be yellow and below 24? I was actually quite cold when I went into the room...so I don't know if I fully trust it... I love to be really warm though rather than room temp so it's probably just me haha!

OH likes to have the radiator on full and shuts the door when we go to bed, the monitor is gonna be going mental haha...will have to change that when baby arrives! Due in June though so hopefully weather will be nice by then :)

Anyway I say, go with your gut instincts tbh, if the room feels cool, wrap baby up....if its hot just body suit and nappy or just nappy and sleep suit ... You will soon learn what baby needs and wants

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->