Urgh, why am I still pregnant!!!

willowblossom

Reaction score
Pointless thread really. Just needing to vent. I really thought this baby would come earlier than my other 2. This is the most pregnant I've ever been now :-( I feel so down, I'm really uncomfortable and just get so upset every time I think about being pregnant or the baby. I know that I'm feeling sorry for myself and I feel so whiny and pathetic even mentioning it (probably why I'm posting here lol) but just can't shake this horrible depressed feeling. I have well and truly had enough now. I've had an upset tummy for about 2 weeks now and loads of braxton hicks which come to nothing, and awful pressure down below. Got a sweep booked with my midwife tomorrow so I really really hope it works. Looks like another December baby for me...
Someone please send me some labour vibes!!!!

I hope baby won't keep you waiting for too much longer now! :hugs:

I felt exactly the same. My daughter came at 37+3 so I was convinced my son would come by 38 weeks but he was 9 days late and I hated it. I literally couldn't wait to not be pregnant anymore.

On a more serious note I have since realised that I was actually suffering a little with antenatal depression and since my son was born it has developed into postnatal depression. My main thing through my pregnancy was that I had very little interest in doing anything, I didn't like being pregnant at all and didn't even enjoy feeling my boy move. I am still suffering with post natal depression as my son is only 7 weeks old. If u have been feeling like this for a while speak to your midwife, it's a very lonely place to be so if u need to talk I'm here

Well I was booked to have a sweep today but turns out baby is no longer engaged at all!! so it couldn't be done. Now feeling worse than ever. I can't wait for this to be over

Oh no, so sorry. That happened to me too with my second. I hope baby will engage again soon!

:hugs:

I hope baby comes soon! Not fun during the waiting game.

I'm so sorry! If it helps, I went in for a sweep with my last pregnancy, and there was NO dilation whatsoever, NO effacement, NOTHING. I went into labor 2 days later, and labor lasted 30 minutes from first contraction to a baby in my arms. In my living room. lol :)

Yeah if it's any consolation, I was at the hospital at 39w and senior midwife said, baby's still floating free, I'd be prepared for another two weeks+ of pregnancy if I were you - he was born 4 days later.
There was a girl there when the midwife said that to me who I got chatting to and she was already overdue and having her second sweep - she ended up giving birth on the same day I did. So you just never know!

I wasn't engaged when my midwife did my sweep she said it's not unusual for second babies not to engage until labour so refusing a sweep based on being engaged doesn't make much sense to me

I wasn't engaged when my midwife did my sweep she said it's not unusual for second babies not to engage until labour so refusing a sweep based on being engaged doesn't make much sense to me

I know I was dissapoonted but she said if my waters accidently break while she's doing the sweep and the babys head is free, there is a risk of cord prolapse so apparently most midwives will not sweep if baby is not engaged at all. Hopfully it will move down by Monday and they can try again xx

That is what I was at risk of too, so the midwife wouldn't do a sweep both times. He arrived the day before he was due to be induced in the end :)

They are going to try again tomorrow but I don't think the baby has dropped at all so I'm not getting my hopes up x

Hope it works out for you tomorrow!

Just seen the midwife and babys head is still free so no sweep again :-( this pregnancy is going on forever!

So sorry you couldn't have a sweep again :(

Ah that's rough. It WILL be soon, one way or another.
Have you tried deep squatting? Bouncing on the ball also supposedly good

Thanks ladies. I've tried everything,, I walk miles each day, tried sex, eating pineapple, epo, squats and even tried castor oil after alot if research.! This kid does not want to budge! Midwife is coming again on Thursday to see if there has been any change, if not it looks like it's going to be an Induction :-( I really want my homebirth so am really gutted but at this point I have really had enough of being pregnant that I would go for induction. I'm feeling so down. I feel awful for my kids and hubby as I'm so miserable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->