Urine stick picture what does it mean ?

Rachee31

Reaction score
My midwife gave me a few sticks to do at home as I have extreme anxiety just wondered what this all means thankyou ladies

5B13E40C-4030-49ED-9DE0-CCAABA046E95.jpeg

Wow giving u the sticks but not the little colour chart to go with it isn’t really going to help with ur anxiety,even without anxiety,looking at random colours sets ur mind wandering,have u tried googling the chart? Not sure if it’s online but u just match the colours to check all is normal xx

As pp said, the stick means nothing without the chart, and unless you have some experience or have been schooled in what the readings might elude to even with the chart they could add to anxiety. Are you worried about anything in particular? That stick covers so many things the may, or may not, turn up in your urine.

I have very extreme health anxiety which I’m scared to even have my blood tests done they’ve had to pull up all my old maternal records as I’m afraid of the results and that the outcome maybe that I’m dying it’s very hard while being pregnant and going through this health anxiety

I’m a nurse and she absolutely should not have gave you the sticks with or without the chart because you’ll be unable to analyse it. Results differ depending on how hydrated you are, infections etc. I wouldn’t do anymore it will just make yourself more anxious. Your midwife will be doing them at your appts anyway xx

Dont quote me on this I'm no nurse, but from what I've noticed when I've had them before is if the colours are bright, things are normal, but I'd the colour strips come up dark or some brown in colour, or off colour, may indicate whatever the colours mean (if you get me) maybe someone can clarify this I could totally be wrong!

I’m a nurse and she absolutely should not have gave you the sticks with or without the chart because you’ll be unable to analyse it. Results differ depending on how hydrated you are, infections etc. I wouldn’t do anymore it will just make yourself more anxious. Your midwife will be doing them at your appts anyway xx
Could you tell me what it means ? Please

Could you tell me what it means ? Please
Hi, I know I'm not the nurse who posted this but I was a nurse before changing career. Honestly, no, you cant really read it without the bottle it came from, seeing the colour of the urine it was dipped in, and having the strip and bottle in the same light as the colours could be different/shades affected, by the light source. I would suggest that you should try to see your gp for a repeat test (take a little bottle of fresh urine with you to the appointment). Please also be reassured that your midwife would have acted on anything if they'd been worried at all when you saw them.

I suffer with generalised anxiety disorder, a lot of it centres around health. I bought my own dipsticks which come with their own chart to read the results on the bottle, so it’s always handy. The results all take differing times too, so it’s best to time them, and dabbing the strip on some tissue immediately after dipping to stop any dye running into the other boxes stops confusing results.
Maybe order some of your own to do at home if you feel you need to?

if youre in the US, tell your doctor/midwife NO to any and all testing, including bloods. Youre allowed (legally and otherwise) to deny ANY testing. Many people dont know that or they are too scared to say No. " but what if..." well, that is a possibility of not knowing something you need to know but its a catch 22 i guess.

you COULD also ask for an alternative test. Does it have to be done via blood? Can it be urine or oral, etc.? People also dont know they can ask for that either. IE: diabetes test. You dont have to drink the nasty drink and then get blood drawn. You can simply EAT normal and prick your finger OR eat small candies and get the lab (or prick your finger).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->