Urine test shows infection :(

Northernmonke

Reaction score
Really worried, MW took a sample on Monday and today the docs office just called to say it shows and infection - no more details but they have antibiotics for me at reception.

Should I be worried? Anyone else had this? x

no advice hun just wanted to send hugs

I did. I was put on very strong antibiotics for it, and then I started taking a probiotic daily. Baby's fine, and I'm fine and in second tri now. :)

Ah thanks! I am scared but hoping it will all be ok, I hear they are common. Its one things after another. They said do I have symptoms but I have no idea what they would be. I have pains down below but I have had them since conception. hmmmmm x

Sounds most likely to be a uti. They're very common to get in pregnancy and can often be symptomless. I had one at 14 weeks and was given antibiotics for it. It cleared up and everything is just fine more. I'm sure you'll be fine too.

Yup. Me!! I got a bladder infection at 5 weeks. 10 days of antibiotics and now having my daily dose of cranberry pills and yogurt! Nothing to worry about, it is VERY common.

When I went to pick up the prescription, I was just double checking that these antibiotics were safe for pregnancy. The lady goes, "oh, you're pregnant? This is soooo common. Yes, very safe for pregnancy". :)

Thanks ladies. I've just popped the first pill 4 a day but they only gave me enough for 3 days!!! X

Just out of curiosity, what were your symptoms? Other than a little pain down there? :)

For me? None. I just had to pee a lot.

Oh, and I did get little cramps in my bladder which the doc said was normal for a bladder infection.

Hmm. I was curious b/c my urine is a bit cloudy!

I had no symptoms at all and only knew about it because of the urine test.

I don't think I had many really. When I did the sample I remember thinking I was quite proud as it was pretty clear :) last night I said to hubby now I know I have it I think I can tell as I can feel some odd pains but I thought that was just normal. I suppose I wee a fair bit but that's normal is pregnancy too. I am going for a private scan today, wish me luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->