US Girls: Birth Control, Insurance, and Government Help

MommyGrim

Reaction score
Hey all :flower:

Well first off, I've been looking for a good form of birth control to get on, one with the least horrible side effects and something reliable. (I don't want any more LO's anytime soon :haha:) and the one I came to really want is an IUD (Mirena sepcifically) but the insurance my mom has (the one I'm on) doesn't cover any form of IUD or inpanon...just the pill and depo. My sister was on depo and had horrible side effects so I'm kinda scared of that (horrible mood swings, constant period, headaches etc) and I'm horrible about taking daily pills (the fact that I was able to take my prenatal vitamins while I was pregnant is simply amazing :haha:) I really need to get on BC as OH is completely put off that I'm not :wacko: (LO was conceived through a faulty condom, we're still baffled cause there was no obvious break :wacko:)
However, we, OH, and LO will be moving out at the end of summer :thumbup: and I was wondering for those of you who have their insurance through the government, what BC do they cover?

=] Any help is awesome :flower:

Thanks!:thumbup:

I am pretty sure medicaid covers all types of BC. I have the Mirena and didn't pay anything for it, though medicaid is only secondary insurance for me, blue cross is my main insurance.

I'm pretty sure Medicaid covers all forms of birth control. And you don't even need the full Medicaid insurance to get birth control. They have a family planning "insurance" that helps you get any form of birth control (as far as I know; just check to make sure).

As for birth control recommendations: I don't really have any. I hate all forms of hormonal birth control. They just don't ever work right for me. However, I had the best luck on low-dose birth control pills. I'm horrible with taking pills (which is amazing since I've been having to take pills daily for almost 7 years :dohh: ) so I set an alarm on my cell phone to go off every day at noon as a reminder to take my pills. That might work for you, too. :thumbup:

I have Kaiser Permanente for primary and Medicaid for secondary but Medicaid didn't cover pharmacy. I have Mirena which I paid like $7 I think, haha.
Sorry, not much help! :flow:

:flower:

Thanks girls! I'm gonna send in my application for Medicaid probably in mid-July since the last time I applied for it it took almost a month and a half to get a response!

And I have an alarm on my phone for the vitamins I have to take and I totally ignore it most of the time (like I don't even notice it goes off, I just shut it off lol) >.< I may still try the pill, and if that just doesn't work out try an IUD.

I really appreciate all the replies =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->