US ladies

jtj1054

Pregnant 1st baby!
Reaction score
Ladies that have had a baby before what type of pads did you buy? Wondering about brands, sizes, wings/no wings etc. lol I've never been a pad person but obviously I'll have to be for awhile. And on average how long do you bleed?

I bled for a long time I used always infinty pads they have wings hold a lot and are nice and thin since I bleed so long they make me chaped down there

Ditto in the infinity pads. Also get the overnight kind for the first week or so after birth as you will be doing a lot of sitting with baby and bleeding pretty heavily.

I used always brand super absorbency long with wings. I personally only bled for 2 weeks but that is apparently not common I just got lucky :haha:

I used The hospital "diaper" pads first, then Stayfree regular maxis with wings, then Always infinity regular with wings, then Always Radiant super thin liners....

I prefer non-ultra thins when there is a lot of flow. But then ultra thins when the flow slows down.

This is my first baby so not sure totally what to expect. I'm not a pad person either, but I bought these at Walmart. My AF is super duper heavy (as in, I lose as much blood or more in the first day than some women do their entire AF!), so I'm just going into it expecting that.

Normally, when I do have to wear pads, I wear the thin ones (usually Walmart/Equate brand... usually overnight size just to protect from leaks but sometimes the normal size), so I'll switch to those once the flow slows down enough. Don't want to feel like I'm wearing a diaper for the duration of lochia!

I bled for about four weeks, but the last week was mostly spotting. I used hospital ones for about four or five days, and then switched to the Always overnight with wings. Anything without wings was a pain to adjust everytime I used the bathroom.

I got the Always Overnight pads with wings! Whatever you do, don't forget the wings...lol!

I always snag as many of the hospital's monster ones as I can. They are great for nights! Then just buy something long, super absorbent, with wings. I only buy a pack at first, because I hate pads, and as soon as my bleeding slows down enough to switch to a thinner version, I do!

Thanks ladies! Looks like ill be going with wings for sure and buying 2 types, overnight and a smaller one for daytime! :)

I got the Always Overnight pads with wings! Whatever you do, don't forget the wings...lol!

Same as her. Always overnights with wings for the first week or two. They come in a purple package, I get them at target. Then for the next two weeks just a regular absorbency pad, then down to liners. I bled for 5-6 weeks but this differs for each woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->