• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

US vs UK

Ha I'm not even a teen (I wish I still was :cry:) but this is a fantastic thread. Making me laugh :thumbup:

Hollyoaks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollyoaks

I'm not either I am 28! LOL I have fun in here though! These teens are great! :thumbup:

What type of soaps does your nan watch?

Another question! what are the phone companys in the US? Like phone networks?

ALSO, what time is it in the US? why is it a different time in different states?

Is it summer/winter/spring/autumn where you are? Again, is it different in different states?

Sorry i sound real dumb :haha:

She loves the Young and the Restless, I have no clue what it's about haha
There's Verizon, Cingular, AT&T, Sprint and Virgin Mobile.

Where I am it's almost 7 p.m and there are just different time zones, kinda hard to explain.

And it's summer here, hotter than h*** right now, I'm pretty sure I'm going to melt :haha: Yes it's very different in some states. Although each state goes through seasons, the severity of each season is different. Like during winter here we get LOADS of snow and winter in Arizona is like our spring time lol

Very strange about the time zones! Maybe its because the US is very large? We have none of those networks apart from Virgin! I must sound like a right nutter wanting to know all these things, but it's just something I've always been interested in!

What type of soaps does your nan watch?

Another question! what are the phone companys in the US? Like phone networks?

ALSO, what time is it in the US? why is it a different time in different states?

Is it summer/winter/spring/autumn where you are? Again, is it different in different states?

Sorry i sound real dumb :haha:

There are many different phone companies. Our cell phones are AT&T and we have Vonage at home because where we live in Alabama they have bad coverage. We are in the 3% where AT&T does not cover in the US! :growlmad:

There are different times in the US. The Easter Standard Time (EST) is an hour ahead of us. I am in the Central Standard Time (CST). Which it is now 6:00 p.m. here. Then there is Mountain Standard Time (MST) which I believe that is correct and an hour behind CST and then Pacific Standard Time (PST) which is an hour behind MST. I think PST and MST are correct. LOL Never lived in them so don't know exactly.

It is Summertime here. All of the states have the same time for the seasons.

Ha ha I'm 28 too but act about 20 and apparently look about 16 :wacko:

Very strange about the time zones! Maybe its because the US is very large? We have none of those networks apart from Virgin! I must sound like a right nutter wanting to know all these things, but it's just something I've always been interested in!

You are not being silly! I LOVE learning about the different cultures!!!

Nutter :haha: We say crazy, or nuts maybe. Or things like "not the sharpest tool in the shed", one fry short of a happy meal" :haha:
But you don't sound like either hun! That's what the thread is for :thumbup:

Ha ha I'm 28 too but act about 20 and apparently look about 16 :wacko:

LOL I wish I looked younger. I don't think I do anyway. LOL My 10 year high school reunion is this September and I feel like I just graduated but I can't believe it has been that long! LOL :cry:

Nutter :haha: We say crazy, or nuts maybe. Or things like "not the sharpest tool in the shed", one fry short of a happy meal" :haha:

LOL I like how they call people Twats! I used that the other day actually! :blush:

LOL I like how they call people Twats! I used that the other day actually! :blush:

Haha twat is a very naughty word, does it mean the same to them as us? My step- mom would probably slap my face off if she heard me say that :haha:

It isn't a bad word over here. Like it isn't a swear word.

Could someone from the US explain the school system? One thing ive never understood! xx

Haha twat is a very naughty word, does it mean the same to them as us? My step- mom would probably slap my face off if she heard me say that :haha:

Ummm... so it does not mean jerk!? :blush:

It isn't a bad word over here. Like it isn't a swear word.

Could someone from the US explain the school system? One thing ive never understood! xx

What exactly do you want to know? Like the grades from Pre-school to High School Graduation?

Haha, it does, but it's not really considered a big deal as a proper "swear word". Technically, it's another word for a "lady garden", but for some reason it's fine to say!

Haha not here! At my high school it was one of the words you could get written up for saying.

A twat is a pregnant gold fish :haha:

Yes, like over here we have..nursery, primary school, high school.

Then you can go to college then university but it's not compulsory.

Like where I live you can leave high school at 16 or 18, and if you stay till your eighteen you can go right to Uni. Like college and Uni are different things here.

xx

Haha not here! At my high school it was one of the words you could get written up for saying.

Ah man! It means the "C" word for girl's privates down there doesn't it!? :blush: I hate the "C" Word! LOL

A twat is a pregnant gold fish :haha:

Yes, like over here we have..nursery, primary school, high school.

Then you can go to college then university but it's not compulsory.

Like where I live you can leave high school at 16 or 18, and if you stay till your eighteen you can go right to Uni. Like college and Uni are different things here.

xx

Well pre-school isn't mandatory here but most kids will go usually from ages 3-5. Then elementary school starts at kindergarten, usually aged 5 or 6 depending on when your birthday falls. It goes to 6th grade at about 11 years old. Then you go to middle school with is 7th and 8th grade. Then you start high school at around 13 or 14 and you go until 12th grade or about 18 years old. Legally you can leave high school at 16, but you won't have a diploma and you'll have to get a GED. You have to have a certain amount of credits to graduate and if you want an advanced regents diploma or advanced designation you have to take extra classes. Most people have enough credits to graduate half way through senior year (12th grade) but only about 50 seniors in my class ( out of like 600) wanted to leave half way through the year.

Ahhh i see very interesting! Sorry nursery isn't compulsory here either! It's so strange how different everything is though, eh? I definatly have to take a holiday to America at some point, I just want to go to a restaurant at 3 in the morning :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->