• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

US vs UK

This is off topic but my favotite movie is "Pride & Prejudice", the one with Colin Firth and every time I watch it I want tea with milk & sugar and Yorkshire Pudding! :haha:

Our cafe's aren't open 24hr. Some over here do call them coffee shops. Tesco is open 24 hours, I usually just pop along at night if I'm hungry. The clubs and pubs usually shut at around 3ish. The only things here in the UK which I think US would have is like Mcdonalds, KFC, burger king, does US have subway? We don't have anything fancy like the US :( Yeah i was watching about voodoo doughnuts on TV, my god they looked so amazing, a doughnut with maple syrup and bacon?! YUM.

This is off topic but my favotite movie is "Pride & Prejudice", the one with Colin Firth and every time I watch it I want tea with milk & sugar and Yorkshire Pudding! :haha:

Without sounding like a dumbass but, do people in the US not drink tea? :blush:

We drink iced tea and coffee mainly. I've started drinking hot tea, but I picked that habit up while I was in the UK last summer. I'm addicted now.

We have fries and chips over here meaning, fries are the skinny chips like from mcdonalds and chips are the fat ones, so in America you call crisps chips, can you only get fries or do you have fat chips aswell? THat probably made alot more sense in my head:haha:

Also your beers come in cans the size of coke cans as standard, can you get bigger ones? as ours are llike double the size lol

I just hought of another one thats always bugged me, are our pancakes the same? Because it seems really weird to me eating them with like bacon?

Our cafe's aren't open 24hr. Some over here do call them coffee shops. Tesco is open 24 hours, I usually just pop along at night if I'm hungry. The clubs and pubs usually shut at around 3ish. The only things here in the UK which I think US would have is like Mcdonalds, KFC, burger king, does US have subway? We don't have anything fancy like the US :( Yeah i was watching about voodoo doughnuts on TV, my god they looked so amazing, a doughnut with maple syrup and bacon?! YUM.

What's Tesco? :blush:
We have all of those and subway, which I LOVE too :haha: They look so good don't they, I'll be taking bubs there this summer to visit them and I can't wait to try the donuts! haha

I drink hot tea all the time tbh, my grandma is an avid tea drinker so I grew up on it, but most people just drink coffee which I don't really like. Iced tea and sun tea are really popular and sweet tea is big in the south.

Yeah, you can get big cans of beer too :) Pancakes in the US and UK are the same..I think. Ahhh i see about the tea now.
In UK mcdonalds, i'd call the fries fries as they are skinny, then at home the fatter chips i'd call chips, which are just fat fries. I'd call crisps crisps.

am i making sense?:haha:

Tesco is a supermarket like wal-mart I think, has everything under one roof

Tesco is a supermarket :) Our supermarkets are called..ASDA, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, things like Lidl, Iceland etc. What supermarkets do you's have? xx

We have fries and chips over here meaning, fries are the skinny chips like from mcdonalds and chips are the fat ones, so in America you call crisps chips, can you only get fries or do you have fat chips aswell? THat probably made alot more sense in my head:haha:

Also your beers come in cans the size of coke cans as standard, can you get bigger ones? as ours are llike double the size lol

We have bigger ones but they're called potato wedges, like the ones you get at KFC. If that's what you mean? :shrug:

You can get bigger cans of beer, but you buy them individually instead of in a pack like you do with the smaller ones.

We have potato wedges too only these would be like even fatter chips in a wedge shape with seasoning :)

I thought of something else that was different. The electrical plugs in the UK were crazy! I melted a straightener even with a converter! :rofl:

Tesco is a supermarket :) Our supermarkets are called..ASDA, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, things like Lidl, Iceland etc. What supermarkets do you's have? xx

It varies by state really. Around here we have Walmart, P&C and Price Chopper. But Walmart is an everything store, you can buy housewares, baby things, books, school suppiles etc. while the others are just food.

We drink iced tea and coffee mainly. I've started drinking hot tea, but I picked that habit up while I was in the UK last summer. I'm addicted now.

Yeah iced tea either sweetened or not. I grew up with my mom's best friend's mom was British and she got me liking y'alls tea. I like my decaf coffee but LOVE hot tea too!!

Oh and we have Subway as well as MANY different Sandwich chains as well.

I thought of something else that was different. The electrical plugs in the UK were crazy! I melted a straightener even with a converter! :rofl:

Haha I think it's like that all over Europe and what not! MY sister moved to Germany after her husband was stationed there and she fried her blow drier even with a converter.

So do you have major clothing stores and lines? Stupid question probably but we have like American Eagle , Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch :cloud9: Which sells like I guess what you would call "preppy clothes" and then there's stores like Hot Topic and Zumiez that sell more skater/alternative clothing.

Plug sockets are different everywhere. I know there are different ones from UK, USA, Australia and other parts of Europe. Yeah we've got loads of different clothing like Abercrombie and fitch, lyle & scott if you have heard of it, and others but i don't usually go for the named brands as they are far too expensive for me!

What type of clothing shops do you's have? What are you shopping centre (malls) like?
xx

Other grocery stores we have, well atleast in my area are Jewel, Dominics, Trader Joes, Aldi(which I know is big in Germany as thats where it came from, but the Aldi's in Germany are different than the ones here, we just have food in ours)

Aldi in the UK too :) never been though but I think they just do food xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->