used blood instead of urine for pregnancy test

phoenix126

Reaction score
seen online a thing bout using blood on a hpt so I triedit and iIhgot a lite positive I'm afraid to get excited been testing every month for the past3 months ...any feed back?

I've heard that this can work! I tried it last cycle, but I found it extremely hard to make myself bleed on purpose LOL and only barely managed a couple of drops. Apparently in some emergency rooms, they test this way, because it can be easier than trying to get a urine test.

If you get a BFP using blood, use FMU and see what it gives you! Then report back :winkwink:

So far my urine isn't giving me a positive but I heard that blood has higher levels of hgc then urine does which would explain y I got a positive with blood ..I could only get a few drops of blood too so I used blood and urine and there's a light line but when I tested with jus urine it was negative

I'm going to try nd wait til Tuesday to test but prolly will end up testing tomorrow wit fmu I'll post the result

From what I've read, the red blood cells interfere with the dye on the test causing false positives. People have had their husbands do the same and gotten positives, so I would be very cautious about the result you get. Best to test with FMU. Good luck!

I have tried this and unless the blood is watered down its too thick to move all the way across the test, so the dye and blood gets stuck .

I think it *is* possible, however in the ER / A&E they would be taking 'whole' blood from your vein. Any type of bleeding you cause yourself to make these tests are not usually the type of blood they source to run their tests. That said I do believe that far into the pregnancy it would work.

No I used bllod and urine to make the blood more thin so it didn't get stuck

Still no positive 8dpo and 6 days b4 my period I been feeling nauseous on nd off all day for the past 4 days

I think it *is* possible, however in the ER / A&E they would be taking 'whole' blood from your vein. Any type of bleeding you cause yourself to make these tests are not usually the type of blood they source to run their tests. That said I do believe that far into the pregnancy it would work.

Your semi right, I'm a lab tech :) I've NEVER heard of using blood on a urine hcg test. And unless the package insert says you can use blood, I'd be doubtful of a positive. Now, if she would poke her finger for blood it WOULD be the same "type" of blood as drawing from a vein. However, when they do pregnancy tests on blood in labs, they spin it down and use the liquid portion, the serum or plasma. Not the whole blood.:thumbup:

doesnt work i got false positives the blood pools around the hcg indent line sorry hun x

Your semi right, I'm a lab tech :) I've NEVER heard of using blood on a urine hcg test. And unless the package insert says you can use blood, I'd be doubtful of a positive. Now, if she would poke her finger for blood it WOULD be the same "type" of blood as drawing from a vein. However, when they do pregnancy tests on blood in labs, they spin it down and use the liquid portion, the serum or plasma. Not the whole blood.:thumbup:

Ha ha thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->