using Ds1 middle name as ds2 first name?

pinksmarties

Reaction score
Hi just wanted to see what others think?

We have found out we are having another boy and we are struggling to find names we love for ds2. I love Gabriel but we put that as ds1 middle name. Some people have suggested it would still be okay to use for ds2 but I think thats a bit weird. What are others thoughts?

My LO's middle name is Elizabeth and I would consider Eliza for a first name this time round. So not exactly the same, but pretty much. I personally like the fact it links the children's names together.

Hmm how many middle names does he have?
We considered naming this little one Iris which is dd middle name but she has two however we decided it would be wrong as it's hers and her identity xx

I would go for it. Middle names aren't used day to day anyway.

Ive got to agree its weird... its seems so lazy when their are millions of names out there and if I was the new baby I would feel like an after though (like I wasn't planned since you didn't even plan to give me my own name)

what do you like about Gabriel?

maybe we can help with suggestions if we know what it is you like, variations of just Gabriel are hard (can only think of Gabe)

might not be your taste but I think Abraham I think goes sweet with Benjamin Gabriel and fits the feel of the names

I wouldn't. I think I'd like the new child to have a name that was completely "his own". :flower:

I have a friend who's first name is his brothers middle name and his brothers first name is his middle name! So they both have the same names just the other way around, if that makes sense! I can't see a problem! X

I definitely wouldn't do that. It takes away from ds1. There are too many nice names to use the same one again, just my honest opinion.

Thanks everyone, mixed thoughts again. I am still in the mind that ds2 needs his own name and using ds1 middle name, as much as I love it, using it 'again' is still a bit weird.

jjkbc - I quite like the name Abraham although OH isn't keen.

Will keep looking!

yeah I agree, Gabriel belongs to DS1 - its part of his identity. What other names have you and your OH discussed?

My Gran did this with my dad and his brother

Atomicpink did your dad and his,brother ever think it strange?

I like Isaac, Jacob, Eli so far but not loving them as such

I wouldn't do it. I love the name William but DH's family has a tradition that the first born male has William as a middle name. I did think we could just use it if we were to have another boy but after thinking about it decided against it.

I have a friend who did that with her boys too, because i knew her from bnb i was like oh thats odd, but a year later i bareky think of it, i dont think of it as her sons 2nd name but as her seconds son name...

I am a huge fan of gabriel though (ds name) and if we were to have another ds i think benjamin and gabriel go so well :)

I think that it's fine to do if you cant shake the feeling of using Gabriel. A good friend of mine did this with her 2 sons also because the name used twice is a family name and has a lot of meaning. It's also because the 1st son is a "junior" after his dad, so they also wanted the 2nd son to have that connection to their dad also. It's not something I would do necessarily but I see nothing wrong with it.

You could also have 2 boys with the middle name Gabriel. This is also thought to be "weird" by some, but in the end it's you and OH's choice.

I think Benjamin and Jacob sound nice together but I love the name Jacob haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->