UTI without knowing it?

Equreuil

Reaction score
So I haven't been feeling any symptoms at all, aside from peeing a lot but I figured that was due to drinking a gallon of water a day.

But today I got a call from my MW's office saying that the urine sample I gave last thursday tested positive for a Urinary Tract Infection, and that there was a prescription waiting for me at the pharmacy.

I was genuinely surprised. Is it actually possible to not know? I'm aware that drinking a lot of fluid prevents the burning sensation when I pee, but usually there's other symptoms as well. I've had UTIs before so I know what it feels like.

i was the same.
at 12 weeks they picked up the infection in my urine. but failed to inform me. then at 16weeks i went to a+e in crippling pain thinking i was loosing my baby to be told i had a severe water infection.

wow. I feel lucky they told me, then. But at least it was that and not you actually loosing your LO.

Yes it's very common in pregnancy to have a UTI or even a full blown kidney infection and not know, hence one of the reasons for regularly testing your urine. With my eldest I had a very bad kidney infection and all I felt was a bit out of sorts and was leaking urine involuntarily because everything was so inflamed. When I got to the hospital they said I was very lucky that either of us were alive and it was so bad they thought they'd have to deliver early (he was 31 weeks), thankfully they managed to get my temperature down and things more stable but I spent 4 days in the hospital beig pumped full of antibiotics and electrolytes (the infection completely screwed up my blood mineral levels too). I had only had my urine tested two days prior so these things can spiral scarily quickly :( xx

Yes, I had a UTI at 22 weeks and I started having contractions. That was my first sign of it, and I had absolutely no idea. Thankfully my midwife was able to stop the contractions and I took some antibiotics before it turned into pre-term labour.

I almost never know. They tested mine when I went to hospital when my daughter had died and it was positive (but no one said anything to me until I requested my records a few months later, so it was completely untreated until then). The only way I usually know is if they just check and happen to find it.

Yes, I had a UTI at 22 weeks and I started having contractions. That was my first sign of it, and I had absolutely no idea. Thankfully my midwife was able to stop the contractions and I took some antibiotics before it turned into pre-term labour.

Wow, scary.

I have my antibiotic prescription. I'm just waiting for a chance to eat some dinner so I can take the first one, since I was told to do so with food.

I got uti at 30 weeks too, and was able to tell by a heavy feeling in bladder area and more fragrant urine smell than usual. I got antibiotics and it seems to be gone, but the doctor said that main concern with uti's is early labour so it is better to check more frequently if you are concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->