v proud mummy and a little scare ...new pics!

twinklestar

2 boys nd 2 girls
Reaction score
just want to tell the whole world that kane weighed in at 6lb4 today :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

he is now 4 weeks old and has gained 2lb since coming home 2 weeks ago ,

ive got him on 4oz 4hrly now and this morning the HV said as he is finishing those i should put him to 5oz!! it seems like so much milk for a little buba to me

had a lil scare last night when his breathing monitor alarm went off, i lept out of bed and his face was pale and cold but as soon as i touched him he took a breath :wacko:

the HV said its common for prem babies to 'forget' to breathe , she went through mouth to mouth with me and said hopefully its a one off but if it happens again to get him seen right away,

does anyone have any advice for me?
:hugs:

Woo hoo welll done Kane!!

No advice on the breathing thing hun. Hopefully you won't get too many more scares in the future xx

Well done Kane...

We were shown how to do mouth to mouth! Its scary to think you might have to do it.. x

oh thank god for the monitor!! i dont have one of those maybe i should get one?

well done kane xxxxx

Well done Kane! So glad things are going well. I didn't buy an apnea monitor as the nurses advised against it. My LO only stopped breathing when she fed as she had reflux, otherwise the babies are usually fine. They do take really long pauses in breath, much longer than a full term baby...x

Hurrah! Such a good weight gain.

Scary biscuits on the breathing thing. Hopefully it was a one off and will improve from here on in.

Be sure to post some updated photos!

very scary, glad your little one is ok though. Hopefully it wont happen again.

thanks everyone, well last night was ok, the monitor made the one bleep warning sound once but he obviously took a breath as it didnt go on

little monkey has been sent to try me lol

here is a new pic of him and a newborn so you can see how much chubbier his face is :happydance:

:hugs:

Attachments

• kane 044.jpg
    kane 044.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Kane's Birth story 045.jpg
    Kane's Birth story 045.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 2
  • kane 011.jpg
    kane 011.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2
aww Kane is just adorable and wee chubby cheeks already.

Glad last night went better x

He is gorgeous! And obviously keeping you on your toes!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->