Vaccinations....No arguments please!!

LO will be having his MMR next month.

My siblings and I have had them all, and more, because of the country we were born in.

Un-immunised and immunocompromised people are really only protected from catching the diseases because of herd immunity. If enough people don't immunise, both the un-immunised and immunocompromised will be put at risk.

For us and our lifestyle choices, immunisation is the only way to go.

Noah has had all of his so far. But at 13 months he is meant 2 hav his mmr. I will delay it until about 18 months at least as reasearch suggests older children are more able to cope with it xxxx

Both my husband and I had all of our jabs and Imi will have all of hers too.

My husband is autistic and has adhd so Imi has just as much chance of being predisposed to autism whether she has the MMR or not!

For both of the jabs she has aready had she barely had any reaction at all. I was expecting temperatures and screaming but she just carried on as normal (apart from weeing on the drs leg!)

In my opinion, new research is always popping up we know thing now that our parents didnt know.

I know some people who didnt have vaccines and became ill and some that didnt become ill. In the mixed society with live in now its more like pot luck.

If you have any doubts about vaccinating then put it off but dont let other people sway you. Do what you feel is best for your LO

FOB and I have decided that our baby is going to receive any vaccination that the doctor recommends; however, we're going to spread them out. We're going to have them done one at a time and at a pace we're comfortable with. Ultimately, it's up to you. Whatever you feel is right. :thumbup:

Ella is overdue for her mmr because she's been sick. But she'll definately be getting it soon. I'd be forever worrying she might catch something if I didn't immunise her.
Can I ask what the reason for giving mmr seperately is? :flower:

Ella is overdue for her mmr because she's been sick. But she'll definately be getting it soon. I'd be forever worrying she might catch something if I didn't immunise her.
Can I ask what the reason for giving mmr seperately is? :flower:

A few reasons. If they have separate injections, it's less for their bodies to deal with at once. I believe some of the ingredients are different and a bit less worrying. Also, if you're still a bit bothered by the autism link, it's a way of avoiding it. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be an option in the UK anymore.

I will be delaying bubs jabs until he/she is 12 months and then will use selective vaccinations on a delayed schedule, only giving those that we feel are really necessary. Not things like flu and chicken pox.
We will only consider these is bubs is immuno compromised for some reason (premmie) and medically could not fight off basic childhood illnesses.

I'm really lucky as my midwife is very pro choice with regards to jabs and will support us in this.
Just MHO tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"