Vaccinations to take before ttc

faith77

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I've just recently found out (after a year of trying) that I am not immune to rubella and have been advised to get immunised before we ttc. We have to avoid falling pregnant a month (some say 3 months) after taking the vaccine.

I just wanted to find out if there are any other vaccines that should be taken before ttc?

Thanks and sending baby dust your way

Faith :)

I didnt have my mmr when i fell pregnant with DD :) i had it when she was 3 months old! i dont think there are any others...or well. id say go for the usual ones. meningitis etc! and hepatitis. the ones babies get! and if you have contact with anyone from an 'at risk' country (im not sure which ones count, but I'm South African, and SA and other countries in southern africa are considered 'at risk' countries.) then you should get the TB jab :)

I'd say just the mmr! But do make sure you don't get pregnant for 1-3 months afterwards (especially the first month after) I got my MMR in September, and in November I had an early miscarriage. It had been over 30 days since the vaccination, and I don't know if there was any correlation between the miscarriage and the mmr, but it was something to consider.

Good Luck :)

Rubella is the most important one, and you get the measles and mumps vaccinations with that. Whooping cough isn't a bad idea either, they usually recommend that new parents and grandparents, and anyone who will spend a lot of time with the baby, get it to protect the child before they are old enough to be vaccinated themselves.

Your doc should just do a blood draw and tell you which ones are needing a booster.

Ladies, thank you very much for your responses. I'm due back for a rubella booster. I'll ask about TB and whopping cough then. I'm pretty sure I've got immunisation for hepatitis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->