Vaccine Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I went to nap with my son and this is what the thread came to :wacko:

I didn't mean to start so much drama. Everyone has their own opinions on things like these, I just wanted to share a video that (for those who think it's a conspiracy video) is extremely well researched. Sorry for anyone who got hurt by this thread. We all make decisions that we think are best for our kids and no parent deserves to be judged for those decisions. I think its' very sad that in this day and age people still can't have civilized conversations over topics like this.

I did just want to point out for Lina that I believe in alternative medicine as well :) I think that came with the vaccination research though. There are some truly great alternatives out there!

Vax or non vax, we have the right to decide for our children what we personally feel is best. I don't think scare mongering videos and random internet sites should be used when making our decisions, but I also feel we have the right to research if we wish and be supported either way we go!

I personally delayed vaccines, and decided against some. What you do is perfectly fine too.

I had a friend who nearly lost her hearing to Rubella as a child. She isn't well and needs hearing aids to hear correctly. She is very pro vax and I totally understand her reasons to be.

^ Eve, my mother is also pro-vax despite being vax'd against rubella and still contracting it. She wants me to get Eamon done against at least that, but OH's first son reacted badly to the MMR so it won't happen as long as OH is standing lol. It's really tough to make these choices, everyone has their reasons for and against and they can be very comepelling both ways.

^ Eve, my mother is also pro-vax despite being vax'd against rubella and still contracting it. She wants me to get Eamon done against at least that, but OH's first son reacted badly to the MMR so it won't happen as long as OH is standing lol. It's really tough to make these choices, everyone has their reasons for and against and they can be very comepelling both ways.

Thats the thing. If you and your OH are not comfortable with having the MMR, that is okay :) I think there are too many people who go to the extreme on both sides and it just makes backs go up and feelings get hurt, or have people like me feel like I was almost abusing my daughter by deciding to vaccinate, which is a shame.

I couldn't sit through the entire video.. It's completely ludicrous.
This "Anti-body, anti-life" thing is silly. Anti-biotics kill foreign life in you, such as infection. If you're against vaccinations, next time you have a yeast infection, or a UTI, don't go and get treated for it. Because those antibiotics are going to give you cancer, or Asperger's. Also, if you has asthma, or severe allergy, DO NOT take your anti-histamine, because it blocks nerves, and will paralyze you. Hey, it might save your life but.... The government wants to kill you with medicine! :hissy:

I don't mean to be an asshole about it, but come on. I'm so tired of this fear-mongering. These claims about vaccines gave me panic attack after panic attack when I was pregnant. There is not a SINGLE scientific study to back the claims.
A mother tells you her child developed autism post-vaccine... You mean, a kid "caught" a physical disconnect and miscommunication between the hemispheres of their brain at puberty (when autism tends to onset)? Correlation is NOT causation. The kid was autistic, has always been, and your vaccine protected him from TB (which you can catch from your pet store goldfish).

This is so sad to me.. I know mothers that dont vaccinate their kids are trying to protect them, and do what's right.. But they're not only putting their kids in risk, they're putting mine in risk, and mine's been poked! Yes, it's horrible that my DD has to have a shot in her thigh, but years ago before we had such technology, kids were lucky to live to see their first birthdays!
By not vaccinating your child, you leave him or her open to the illness, and once the illness takes a hold, it can mutate, and get stronger, and effect even kids immunized to it. It's not fair.
A couple years ago, we'd almost completely wiped out Whooping Cough.. Now people are going back to natural parenting, and for some reason, that includes no vaccines, and now whooping cough is killing our children again.
So why don't you Youtube that, "Baby with Whooping Cough", over this fear-mongering "Vaccines and government want to KILL YOUR CHILDREN!"

The rich do not want to kill us. That's ridiculous. If they wanted to "cull" the weak, and monitor our numbers, wouldn't they STOP medicating us? Or at the very least, force country-wide sterilization, and make us test or earn our rights to give birth and parent? (Which, I for one, am not completely against.. :winkwink: )

To add, I went through each vaccine on the list that would be introduced to my LO, and I hunted for multiple scientific studies. I suggest every parent does.

Thanks for this thread! I just read the WHOLE thing! Now I need some :sleep: ...

Anyway, I appreciate what women have said from both sides of the issue (even the ones who were just being rude have illustrated how serious and controversial this topic is). I've already decided not to get the flu shot while pregnant based on research I've done, and next on the list to research is vaccines! :thumbup:

ETA: Thanks OP for just trying to share something you think is valuable. I'll definitely watch it when I have the time. For those of you against "scare-mongering" material...a) you don't have to read/watch it, b) take it with a grain of salt, and c) it's better to offer a constructive counter-argument or material rather than just complain about how "one-sided" it is.

I am wondering how my child is putting yours at risk Aberrance. You do know that not everyone who's vaccinated is exempt from catching/carrying the very diseases that they were immunized against? My OH was vax'd against everything known to man and still got measles, mumps and rubella. My mother was done against rubella and contracted it in pregnancy anyway as she didn't produce antibodies at all, resulting in my little brother being born profoundly deaf and slightly brain damaged.
This brings me to the point of if your kid is vax'd, why are you concerned if mine isn't? Shouldn't yours be immune anyway, so what would it matter if mine had something? I really don't understand this argument that the unvax'd child is a danger to the vax'd child. Don't they pose just as much risk to the other if vaccines don't always do their job?

As an earlier poster said, it's the herd thing. Most of the population needs to be vaccinated for them to be most effective. The more unvaccinated the less effective.

So it's not a direct thing - an unvaccinated child spending time with a vaccinated one doesn't pose a higher risk. But many more unvaccinated children in the wider community does pose a risk it if you see what I mean.

I'm all for choice, but when lots of people choose not to vaccinate it takes the choice away from those who choose to vaccinate as that vaccine won't be as effective.

Ah another fun vaccination thread...I missed out on the fun last night as OH won't let me read these argument threads anymore so I had to wait til he was asleep :haha:

I'm pro-vaccination and as much as I'd prefer it if everyone who could (i.e. those without medical reasons not to) would vaccinate for the sake of herd immunity it is not something that is worth losing our freedom to choose over. I think its best if every mother/father would research before making such big decisions and some will then see the research as indicating they should vax and some will see the opposite - no harm in that, we all interpret things differently and we all have different ideas of what risks are acceptable to take.

I've been told that we have no choice but to vaccinate lo and I know the kids in base schools have to be as well.

I just asked around to some military friends, some of which don't vaccinate. You don't have to, they said the only issue might be on base child care or going certain places overseas. But there are ways around that apparently too, she said a friend got around it when going to Japan but she wasn't sure what she had to do. I just asked about on base schooling, if there were any exemptions like public schools but she hasn't answered yet. Obviously it doesn't matter to you since you feel strongly about vaccinating...but for anyone else who might be wondering...it isn't mandatory.

im, well i was a military wife and they cant control what i do so no they cant force us to vaccinate. ive never heard something so daft. i was never even questioned about it tbh

I think it's horrible that crappy parents who don't vaccinate put MY child at risk. If you want to do something stupid and irresponsible, then fine, I don't care if YOUR kid dies, but you're putting my baby at risk.

This video is ridiculously stupid. It's not "well-researched", and it's unbearably one-sided.

Living in a society involves a social contract- we do certain things to ensure the health and safety of those around us. I drive on the right side of the road, I obey traffic signals- What if I just did what I wanted and said "screw everyone else, a video on the Internet said stopping for stop signs is .02% more likely to cause autism" (because I'm pretty sure (the former Dr.) Andrew Wakefield would be more than happy to fake a study on that, as well). What if I drove right through a stop sign (because hey, it *might* cause problems, a random video on the Internet told me so, and I'm too stupid to understand the actual science!) and ran over your kid and killed him? How'd you feel then? Hey, who cares that I ran through a stop sign- that was a parenting decision, and it's my right to make.

I get so upset about this. If you don't want to vaccinate your kid, fine, but you need to stop participating in society and go live on a deserted island somewhere, and NOT PUT MY BABY AT RISK.

I think it's horrible that crappy parents who don't vaccinate put MY child at risk. If you want to do something stupid and irresponsible, then fine, I don't care if YOUR kid dies, but you're putting my baby at risk.

I didn't bother reading past the bit in bold as I really couldn't give 2 shits what someone who is capable of saying something that vicious has to say.

What you just said absolutely disgusts me.

Yeah LalaBelle, people as disgustingly heartless as you should not be pro-creating anyway!

I didn't bother reading past the bit in bold as I really couldn't give 2 shits what someone who is capable of saying something that vicious has to say.

Sorry, what I should have said is what my husband and friends and I have often discussed: It's too bad that the parents aren't the ones dying for their poor choice.

And I'm sorry, but why should I care about the health of your child if you don't?

That is actually one of the worst things I have ever read on here, you should be instantly banned.

Sorry, what I should have said is what my husband and friends and I have often discussed: It's too bad that the parents aren't the ones dying for their poor choice.

And I'm sorry, but why should I care about the health of your child if you don't?

WHAT? This doesn't make any fucking sense! You sound very stupid. Do you think we should stop helping children from abusive homes then, because if their parents don't care then why should we? You sound like an absolutely terrible person.

That is such an incredibly ridiculous thing to say. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry! I'm astounded how a mother can be so disgusting when talking about a child. What a poor excuse for a mother you seem.

As my child is currently up to date with all of his vaccinations I take it you aren't referring personally to me in what you said (unless of course you're just making an assumption - which I'm sure that someone with as much tact and well thought out arguments as yourself would not do :winkwink:) but instead referring to those who choose not to vaccinate. If you honestly, whole heartedly believe that people choose not to vaccinate their children because they don't care about their child's health then in all honesty I have no desire or time to argue with you about it - not when I could be utilising my time better by banging my head against a brick wall.

That is actually one of the worst things I have ever read on here, you should be instantly banned.

I agree! It takes a lot to shock me but in all honestly I have never ever been so disgusted by something I've read on here.. nasty, evil :nope:

This video is ridiculously stupid. It's not "well-researched", and it's unbearably one-sided.

Living in a society involves a social contract- we do certain things to ensure the health and safety of those around us. I drive on the right side of the road, I obey traffic signals- What if I just did what I wanted and said "screw everyone else, a video on the Internet said stopping for stop signs is .02% more likely to cause autism" (because I'm pretty sure (the former Dr.) Andrew Wakefield would be more than happy to fake a study on that, as well). What if I drove right through a stop sign (because hey, it *might* cause problems, a random video on the Internet told me so, and I'm too stupid to understand the actual science!) and ran over your kid and killed him? How'd you feel then? Hey, who cares that I ran through a stop sign- that was a parenting decision, and it's my right to make.

I get so upset about this. If you don't want to vaccinate your kid, fine, but you need to stop participating in society and go live on a deserted island somewhere, and NOT PUT MY BABY AT RISK.

Who are you to be dictating who should live where you obnoxious twat? You probably also believe that since the advent of vaccinations no vaccinated kid has ever caught the very thing they were supposed to be immune too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"