Vaginal thrush

maytobe

Reaction score
I had vaginal thrush in my first trimester and my doctor gave me an ointment, which worked really well. Now the thrush is back again, despite my almost paranoid cleanliness. Can I use the same medication or should I go for a check-up again? I feel stupid to be going to the doctor for every single thing, plus the ointment is Candid and is known to be pretty safe.

I am also worried. Can thrush cause preterm labour? Or is that just bacterial vaginitis? I don't have very severe thrush.

I also drink probiotic drinks but it doesn't seem to be working :shrug:

I would get some good probiotics, make sure they are refridgerated, and also seriously cut down on the sugars, if you already have not..No pop, candy, etc...candida, which is what a yeast overgrowth is, can manifest itself in many forms, and it can sometimes be hard to get rid of. Have you had alot of antibiotics?

Your paranoid cleanliness could actually be what is causing the thrush to come back! Your body needs a certain amount of its own bacteria to fight the candida bacteria (which is why people drink probiotics - to bring your own level of stomach bacteria up).

Thrusah is really common in pregnancy due to the extra surge of hormones - but is easily treatable... I would use what the doctor gave you last time, unless you keep getting it or it gets severe.. you musnt worry about bothering the doctor - any female who has had thrush realises that its on of the most uncomfortable conditions out there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->