Valentines 2014 wedding on a £4K budget

lady_p

Mum of 2
Reaction score
I am so excited we set the date a couple weeks ago and have started planning. I am trying to keep our wedding cost down as much as possible. We are paying for the wedding ourselves out of my OH chef wages, I am a stay at home mum.

23 guests for daytime and 130 at the reception.

This is my checklist I havent paid for any of these things yet I will update as I get stuff (hoping to get stuff cheaper but add the word wedding and it seems to get dearer);

Church Booked - not sure of cost yet they are sending out info.
Reception at OH work for 20% discount - £900
Cars picked - 2 x jaguar xj £350
Rings - £400-£700 (cant decide on rings)
Cake (M&S) - £200
Piper - £150
Invites (home made) - £40
Favours - £30
Dress - £250
Accessories - £100
Jewellery - £150
Bridesmaid dress - £50
Flower Girls dresses x 3 - £100
Shoes - £80
Groom Kilt Hire - £80
Best men x 2 kilts - £160
Page Boy kilt - £50
Flowers(silk) - £100
Hotel - £105
Band - £0 (playlist)
Hair -
Decorations -
Umbrella -
Gifts -
Camera -

Thanks for the helping hand girls will keep updating as soon as I get anything else done.

Photographer???
Make up/ hair?
Decorations, centrepieces?
Gifts (BMs, ushers, parents)?
Readings?
First dance choice?

Congratulations on setting a date. And valentines too :thumbup: good job you can get a discount at your OHs work coz I bet they'd charge a fortune for valentines night usually!

Homemade and eBay is the way to go on a budget :thumbup: We're doing as much as possible ourselves and buying most of the 'supplies' off eBay. It's a life (or bank balance) saver. Haha

Looking good! My budget's the same. The only thing I have you don't is photographer (I got a cheap one on Groupon) and umbrellas (I'm having a Feb wedding too, haha).

Your daughter will be a great age, we were going to wait until ours was walking but our next anniversary is a Saturday so we went with it!

Oh yeah, decorations!

My sis is doing my makeup and she was doing my hair but is now paying for a professional to do my hair as a present so I didn't budget for it.

Oh yes ebay is my new friend lol and amazon got a huge big wish list.

Can't believe I forgot about so much stuff :dohh:

OMG how could I have forgotten about an umbrella in Scotland :haha:

I am buying a camera and my friend is taking pics so technically just the cost of camera. I will get a photo book made up myself. Better add it in the budget though thanks.

Make up I will be doing myself as I was a beauty therapist before I left to have kids and so is my bridesmaid bonus!

Oh I hadn't thought about hair don't think I could do that myself good point!

Decorations hmm hadn't thought much will try to do as much by myself as possible, might need balloons or something to dress the room up a bit.

Tip for balloons - if you put airfilled balloons onto stands it works out way cheaper because the biggest cost is normally helium. We were quoted £30 for centrepieces then she suggested balloon trees and they were only £10!

That sounds ideal I have seen love heart balloons that I like. Where would I find a stand for them and what is a balloon tree I want one haha.

Can't work out how to add a pic (if that's possible) but this is who we're using

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...4338466.-2207520000.1351805714&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...4338466.-2207520000.1351805845&type=3&theater

No idea where you'd get stands from but the little trees/flowers don't look too hard to make.

Congratulations on setting a date, everything Sounds fab so far :)
The bits that I forgot about in the beginning were the little bits, so I budgeted for the flower girl dresses but not something for their hair and shoes, also bridesmaids hair, make up, shoes, Jewellery, some for their hair! Obviously everyone doesn't do all these things (I'm not) but just showing the little bits that you might forget :)

Ta they look brilliant loving the big heart balloons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->