Valentines Babies, 2013!

Olivia sleeps for around 7-8 hours at night and feeds about 160ml in 20 mins every 4 hours through the day. Although sometimes she will do smaller feeds every 2 hours if she's particularly tired.

I don't know how 'normal' her habits are because she still has physio and speech and language therapy for her muscles, including sucking.

Teagen sleeps about 10 hours each night with a "dream feed" in the middle (ie mommy hears her fussing, feeds her, but she never wakes up for it). During the day she eats every 2-3 hours depending on her level of activity. She tends to start cluster feeding though at 8 until she goes to sleep around 10:30 or 11.

Right now she is on the floor "playing" with her baby gym. This morning we did tummy time, but she decided to cut it short by rolling herself onto her back. I thought it was a fluke so I made her do it three more times before finally thinking to grab the camera and video it. She is also in cahoots with the cat. A couple of nights ago she was in her swing and I draped her blanket across her lap. Since she doesn't like things on her feet I told her it was her job to kick the blanket off by the time I was done eating. Immediately the cat comes over, Teagen gives her a look and the cat pulls the blanket off... DH choked on his drink he was laughing so hard. I hadn't even gotten to take a bite of dinner...

Her swing is amazing. Her morning nap takes place in either her bed or ours while she takes two afternoon naps in the swing. It is supposed to be super nice today (around 85) so I think we'll go for a walk this evening once it cools down.

Wow. . .definitely think something is wrong. Camden NEVER just sits and plays anywhere. I have to nurse him through EVERY meal that I eat or face uncontrollable crying. :( Thanks guys for the info. . . The doctor thinks it's reflux, too, and is having us start him on a medication tonight. Hopefully that will help the poor guy. :( I'll keep you posted.

Kellen--I can't believe Teagen rolled over already!! That's crazy!! What a smart cookie she is! So cute!

Oh Sierra, how tough! I hope Camden feels better. It sounds pretty miserable for the both of you :(

Max is a snacker, so he eats often but never huge amounts. I'd say he eats every 1-2 hours, but only 2 ounces or so at a time. Unfortunately, this continues on through the night! He usually follows a 2-hours-awake, 2-hours-asleep routine during the day. I try to time errands for the 2-hours-asleep time so he's zonked out in his carrier while I shop.

I can't believe Teagen rolled over already! That's GREAT, especially tummy to back, since I wouldn't worry so much about LO sleeping on his tummy if he could do that! I also think it's hilarious about the cat. They will be buddies, it seems :) We have 3 cats (one was mine before marriage, the other two were abused rescue-kitties with some severe issues) and they all LOVE my 4-year-old. They let her pick them up, dress them up, sleep on her, etc. They seemed completely disinterested in the rest of us, though! :haha:

I'm not positive, but I think AF is on it's way for me. What a bummer... I had hoped with combi-feeding I'd get a little reprieve. I don't miss the break-outs and the crankiness. Has anyone else already had AF? I'm at about 1/3 breast milk, 2/3 formula, so I'm probably the first to have the cycle return. On the plus side, today is my weekly weigh-in and I've lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks :D Now, if I could stop eating jelly beans it would come off much more quickly! :dohh:

I know my babies seemed to get worse colic when they ate more ofen. Is like their digestive system just never got a break so they always had gas and pain. Not sure if that could be an issue with your little one.
When Kiara had her crying days it was really helped by a big bottle of formula. Like she ad been hungry before then, never quite full before, and always a bit grouchy. Ask t helps go longer between feeds. Usually every 3 hours in the day, a night we can, on a good night, go 5 hours, then feed and go anther 3. Though this week she has fed a bit more often, I sense another growth spurt.

With my first baby I was constantly worried about him beng hungry, clingy, bad napper (only in my arms or walking in stroller) and demanding. But it cleared she he was 3 months ish. I think he was just a sensitive baby, though at the te I worried about everything - reflux, allergies etc. I ate plain pasta and meat and virtually other else. I don't know if it helped. Tried reflux over the conger meds. Not sure if it helped. I saw the doc a lot.
In the end he outgrew it quickly. I think being a baby is just tough.. Ad now he is a chunky 4 year old :)
I hope Camden turns a corner and outgrows it soon for you and nothing is wrong xx

That does sound like reflux. It took 3 weeks of adding gaviscon to every feed before it made a difference to Olivia but she is loads better now.

Oh thank you ladies---you are all so wonderful!

wamommy--I'm not sure if I've had a true AF or leftover bleeding from delivery? I've had a day here and there where I'd spot. . . Not sure what it was? lol

I'm positive that I was the first to get AF back, since I think it was before any of you had your babies! :haha: Mine came back at 5 weeks postpartum, even though I was pumping 60+ oz of milk per day. Am I lucky or what?!

I was hoping that breastfeeding twins would guarantee a year or so without a period. Bummer.

I think I had AF about 10 days ago but can't be sure as it was a lot lighter than normal. I only had 3 day AFs before but this was even lighter than that.

We also had an oopsie this morning. At the time I didn't know where I was in my cycle but I checked fertility friend and apparently I am due to ov tomorrow :dohh: so although it wouldn't be the end of the world, I'm a little nervous and will be until she arrives again. :dohh: my own fault. I don't want any kind of birth control because it took us 5 years the first time around so I really don't think it could happen anyway but even so, it wouldn't be the worst thing.
So I guess I am NTNP :shrug: eeek!

:shock: I can't imagine getting pregnant again so soon, Jo! That said, wouldn't it be kind of a miracle too? It would give Olivia a close playmate :D I watch my girls everyday and think how lucky they are to have each other.

I'm glad I'm not the only victim of AF! What's weird is that it's light pink spotting, then nothing. A few days later pink spotting, then nothing. WTH?? I wish she would just show up and get it over with. I kind of feel like I have never-ending PMS!

Exactly. We would make the best of it. It would be hard when they are younger but I imagine, quite rewarding when they are a bit older. Then again, quite expensive as nt much time to save up in between big milestones!

Oh well, it's probably nothing and just a silly oopsie :D

Part of me would love another already...I just love tiny babies :) but I am pretty certain we are done.

We had some results back from Olivia's genetics tests today and the two conditions they were testing for; PWS and Myotonic Dystrophy, were both negative!

As you can imagine, I was very relieved and had a happy little cry :cry:

We won't know what happens next until our next appointment on May 8th. So for now, we can just enjoy ourselves :thumbup:

Congrats, Jo, that is awesome news.

I feel like AF is going to start, but have yet to see anything. I told DH that if I am nasty to him to blame the hormones.

Last night I woke up because I heard Teagen moving around and making little noises I was about to get up when DH stopped me. Pretty soon we heard her sucking on her fist and before too long she had settled herself back to sleep. DH then decided when he got up at 5am that I needed a sleeping baby in the bed. :dohh: Love snuggling with her, but it wouldn't have hurt my feelings to have a couple of hours to sleep alone.

His mindset apparently was: "Awe... they look so cute when they snuggle together. And this will mean you don't have to get up to nurse her when she gets hungry... at 8:30." Gotta love the man, but he doesn't think like a mommy.

Have any of your babies been around people who smoke? If so how have you dealt with the issue? My in-laws (MIL, FIL and all 5 of DH's siblings and their spouses, plus some of their children) all smoke. We will be staying with them for 5 nights and I am stressed about it. I hate cigarette smoke and tend to become ill when exposed to it. I am also trying not to freak out about the fact that second hand smoke raises the chances of SIDS by 50%.

I would be concerned about my babies being around smokers, too...do they smoke inside the house? I would ask that they smoke outside while you're there, or if they won't, maybe stay somewhere else?

As for the increase in SIDS rate, I know a 50% increase sounds scary, but it's not as bad as it sounds. The risk of SIDS in healthy full term infants is about 0.00055% (1 in 2000 children). Increasing that by 50% only brings it to 0.0008%. Also, I think the increased risk applied to children that were exposed to second hand smoke on a longterm basis, not just for a few days.

I completely understand why you're worried, but I hope that helps a tiny bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->