Valentines Babies, 2013!

That play nest looks really great! L and G can sit up for short periods, but they are unsteady so if they lean one way or another they fall over...so I bet that play nest would be just what they need! I'll have to look into that.

wamommy, I hope you feel better soon! Food poisoning is the worst :(

Gunnar's first tooth came through yesterday! DH found out when Gunnar bit him...it's like a little razor blade...we've been calling him "sharp tooth" ever since :haha: (we also call Lily "little foot.")

If AF doesn't show up by Saturday I'm going to test...so just a few more days to wait. I'm sitting on pins and needles worrying about it.

Lily has perfected her "cheese!" camera face:

Attachments

• IMG_20130818_225358.jpg
    IMG_20130818_225358.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 4
We have our first tooth Yiiiii haa and Brianna can sit unassisted. She eats well and loves her fruits and we have started introducing meat but no problem there as she eats 'anyththing thats withing reach!! She still doesnt sleep , still waking up 3 times a night hence between her work DS and DH I am dead by the end of the day!!! and my back is killing me ... particularly the area where I had the epidural. any of you having similar issues?

Oh dear thought thought I had a few minutes to myself but eish she is up...
Good to know everyone and LOs are doing well

Dragon and Kim: Congrats on your first teeth! I never knew I could be so proud of a tooth that is not my own. And huzzah for sitting unassisted.

Right now Teagen is crying in her crib. She fell asleep about 15 minutes before her normal bedtime and then woke up after an hour. I nursed her and then put her back in the crib. She is vocally letting me know that this is not what she wants. I turned on some classical music in hopes of helping her calm down. It might be working... not sure.

Next Monday my mom is going in to have knee surgery, and my grandmother is going in to have a bone spur taken off her elbow. Guess who will be nursing both of them back to health while writing a 25 page paper and carrying for a very active 6 month old? :Haha: Actually, my dad will probably help out with the baby so that I can help the matriarchs of the family.

Teagen has started to really, really babble. Her favorite sound is "mamamammama..." I've tried to get her to say "da" but she is fixated on the "ma" sound. Okay by me, hard for DH especially since he was told that "da" is easier to say than "ma." :shrug: She has also become rather obsessed with blowing raspberries. Also for the past three days she has been super clingy and will cry if I as so much walk around the counter out of her sight. Has anyone experienced separation anxiety? Any tricks or tips?

Haha, Lily's face made me smile!! What a cheerful grin :D I'm looking forward to your test results, too Dragonfly. What will be, will be, I suppose!

Helena, that blow-up ring is super cool. It looks so useful!

Kim, it sounds like Brianna is doing great :D Yay for teeth and sitting. I'm so sorry to hear you're still having back pain. I've heard it's pretty common with epidurals, but I don't know much about it. That said, I didn't use pain relief with my babies and I still feel like I'm going to collapse at the end of the day (especially my back!). Maybe it's lugging around our growing babies all day? I figure the way I carry Max, on one hip, puts your body at a very odd and unnatural alignment. Just speculation, though. I hope it feels better!

Kellen, it sounds like you will have your hands really full coming up. Good luck! I hope both women (and you!) come out of it no worse for the wear. Also, Max says, "Mamamamamama" too. He says "Bababababa" sometimes too, but almost never the "Da" sound. I read somewhere that even across cultures where Mama isn't a word, it's one of the most common sounds for a baby to make. :shrug: I know Max isn't saying "Mama" for REAL yet, but I still secretly love that he makes that sounds and not "Dada" :haha:

Kids are going insane... it's bed time for sure. A 2 mile bike ride today has made them crazily tired!

Dragon - Yes, that smile is adorable and I am waiting anxiously to hear/read your results as well.

Wamommy - That is interesting. I know she isn't applying those sounds to me yet, but I still love hearing them. I would never tell DH that I am sooo happy she said that before Dada or anything else. The bike ride sounds fun. Once Teagen is big enough I want to buy a bike (seeing as I sold mine before moving) and get one of those seats you can attach to the bike between the seat and the handlebars.

Thankfully she only cried for about 2 minutes before falling back to sleep, but those were a long two minutes.

Love the picture Dragon! So precious!

Wamommy the bike ride sounds wonderful!

Kellen, Camden has separation anxiety too. I hear playing peekaboo around corners when you leave a room helps as does talking to them from thee other room. neither of those have helped me much but i still try them every day . It usually helps Camden if he's busy playing with a toy.. then I can sneak away for a minute or two...but not for long!! Haha :)

I think I'm losing my mind...I have total line-eye. I think I see the barest hint of a line on a frer, but it's much too faint to tell if it's an evap or what. I'll have to play around with some pictures and show you.

I'm only 8dpo so I don't know why I tested so early lol.

Dragon-that's so exciting. . .definitetly post pictures. FRER was the one that showed up earliest for me. . .I think at 10 dpo. How are you feeling? Any symptoms? How do you feel about possibly having another one!? I'm excited for you. :)

Ok here are some pictures...I'm pretty sure I'm just seeing things, because sometimes I totally see a line, and then I look away and look back again and I can't see it. What do you think? Do you see anything at all?

Attachments

• IMG_20130820_095148.jpg
    IMG_20130820_095148.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20130820_092830.jpg
    IMG_20130820_092830.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20130820_085107_035.jpg
    IMG_20130820_085107_035.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 4
Hmmmm. .. I don't think I can see a line. . .but the longer I look at them, the more I'm wondering if I see something! lol However, I usually found with me, if I thought I saw a line, it usually was right. I would see a line a week or so before DH would ever see one. In fact, I saw a line, tested at the doctors the same day, and the doctor said it was negative--that was with my first pregnancy (miscarriage)---so I believe in a mother's instinct's ability to see a line way before others! Test tomorrow or Thursday, I'd say---it'd be so exciting to see a line get darker and darker! :)

I think I can see a line on the negative one. So exciting! I tested a good week before I told DH and got a line, but he didn't want us to test until at least 3 days after AF was supposed to show... but I knew.

Kellen--that's hilarious! I tried to sneak tests past DH but he always guessed that I was testing. . .so then I made him inspect all of the tests with me. . .and he NEVER saw a line until it was bright pink! lol

LOL. I did mine at the bathroom at work. I went out and bought a super cheap one just to see if I would get a result. My mom had guessed a week before I tested. I had complained that I had passed out on the couch on a Saturday afternoon and couldn't fathom why I was so tired. I got a nice digital test for when DH was there. No way he could dispute the huge: PREGNANT sign that popped up.

So funny! I should have went with the digital, but since I was testing all of the time, DH had me get the cheapies. . .We did splurge for a FRER after I swore to him that I saw a line and I wanted to prove it to him with a better test. :)

Same with us, Sierra! We bought the dollar store ones until I swore I saw something, and then DH sprung for the FRERs :D Once there was any line at all on the Dollar Store ones the FRERs were bright pink!

Dragon, I can see something on one of the tests, I think! 8dpo is pretty early to be conclusive, but I can't say I blame you for testing. I was never able to hold out. Speaking of, I think I have a FRER in the bathroom drawer upstairs, and every time I see it I have the urge to pee on it! Silly, I know. I suppose the excitement and importance of the testing times was really fun :blush:

We haven't hit separation anxiety here, yet. Max is pretty much like, "Oh, you'll play with me? Cool!" To whoever picks him up. He doesn't like my godmother, though. When she holds him he makes the FUNNIEST face. I caught it on camera this last trip down. Let's see if I can find it.

Attachments

• DSC_0040a (Medium).jpg
    DSC_0040a (Medium).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 3
OH. MY. GOD.

I just went back to look at the test, and the line is definitely there now. HOLY SHIT GUYS. I almost threw up from fear/excitement. I think this is real.

I know the instructions say not to read the results after 10 minutes, but look at this...

Attachments

• IMG_20130820_110423.jpg
    IMG_20130820_110423.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 4
Eeeeep! There's definitely something there, Dragon! Oh, my! How are you feeling?

I'm really freaked out! I feel dizzy and shaky like I'm in shock or something...but at the same time, I can't stop smiling. I don't want to tell DH until there's no doubt. He's going to be freaked out, too. We're already barely getting by financially, and I don't know how he's going to take care of a new baby and two 15 month olds while I'm at work.

Well, I'm super glad you're smiling! There must be a part of you that is so excited! Don't worry about how you'd manage. Just think... you already have all of the boy and girl clothes that you'd need :D You could go team yellow and still be fine. Also, after caring for TWINS, one new baby will be a breeze for the both of you. You're pros!

I'm smiling for you! A baby is always a blessing, even when (and perhaps especially when?) it's an unexpected gift. Yeeehaww!!! :yipee:

Yes, it's true that a baby is always a blessing. Thankfully, DH feels that way too, so I don't think he would be too upset...but he would be really stressed out about it.

I have to figure out if my antidepressants are safe to keep taking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->