Valentines Babies, 2013!

Hi sierra! Glad you are feeling better!

I am still feeling pretty rubbish (I mentioned earlier, head aches, swollen toes). I feel ad as I haven't done anything fun with my little one today, it's been all just hanging out n the sofa and school runs for the biggie. But I feel wiped out!
I tried calling my ob but it went to answer phone three times..slightly annoying. Will see how I go. Typically dH is late home tonight so I will be in charge of the school pick up, dinner time, bath time and bed time. Could so do with a break! Sometimes I so wish I lived nearer family!..

Sorry you're not feeling very well, helena! I hope you feel better soon :hugs:.

Some of our friends suggested that we buy a pack of diapers each week starting now, so it's not such a big expense all at once. At first I thought that was a little silly, and I was thinking "how much could diapers cost?"

WELL...I picked up a pack of 36 newborn diapers yesterday, and it was $10.99!! Holy crap!! That means it would cost us over $50 a week in diapers once the babies are born. :wacko:

Aww helena---I hope they'll answer your call soon! :( I'm sorry you feel so rubbish!

Dragon--I've been doing that each time I go shopping, too--except I've been getting the boxes of 96 diapers.---the prices are outrageous! I've been clipping diaper coupons and having friends give me their coupons as well---that way I save a little bit of money. :)

Nappies are expensive!

iIm collecting money off vouchers, or coupons. Also, my mum is buying nappies at every opportunity, she is a bargain hunter and finds all sorts of bargains. I just have to remind her that she needs to get a variety of sizes, otherwise we'll end up with 2000 newborn nappies and they won't fit!

The 16w appointment went well! The baby's heartbeat is great, 147bpm and everything else was fine :) Next stop, 20w scan and gender reveal! 3 weeks, 2 days and counting!

Yay Jo_Bean! Good news on a great appointment! I'm right with you counting down to the gender scan! :)

Woohoo, Joe-Bean! :) I'm so glad all went well! I'm with you and Sierra in the countdown too. October 3rd... less than a month away now! I actually had a huge fight with DH yesterday about gender. I told him he was unusually obsessed with having a boy, and it wasn't fair to put that much pressure on me. You know what his argument was? "So I'm alone in wanting a boy? What about Henry VIII?" REALLY??? Good thing he never became a lawyer. Comparing yourself to a man who murders his wives is no way to win an argument :growlmad:

I'm sorry you're feeling sick, Helena :( I don't know what to say about your toes. Soaking them sounds like a great idea. I hope they get better!

As for bump-touching, I haven't had a single person even try. I didn't with either of my other pregnancies either. Maybe I just give off a "don't touch me" vibe? I never thought so, but who knows, lol. Part of me wishes someone would try, since DH doesn't and I don't see my family much. It might be nice to have some attention! On the other hand, if it was a stranger it might really freak me out.

Hey Jo, glad your appointment went well!

Sill fat sore foot here. I didnt ring the doc back though, thought I would just try and take it easy. Rushing to the doctors would just be one more thing to have to do!...will see how I am tomorrow.

Be careful buying too many small nappies. My inlays bought us lots of boxes of nappies which was great but we ended up with some we didn't use as baby grew pretty fast. Sizes 3 and 4 last for ages though. I would buy size 3 if you want to bulk buy.

Still not definitely feeling baby wriggling here. I wonder if my previous c sections are affecting things, I do have some numbness where they cut.

What's for dinner all? Slad here, I can get enough! Lots of roquette with grated carrot, vinaigrette nd feta cheese, pickled onions, a dollop of mayonnaise and a chunk of crusty bread and butter. Mmmmmmmm

Wamommy - i hope I give off that vibe! I'd rather no touches, than too many!

Hope you have a smaller foot tomorrow Helena!

Tea for us tonight, salmon, baby new potatoes and broccoli. Trying to get my oily fish intake done although I don't really like fish too much! It's in a chilli seasoning so it takes the fish taste away :haha:

wamommy--I can't believe he brought up Henry VIII! Oh my goodness! Everytime my DH says he wants a boy, I always remind him that gender is determined by sperm---so it's up to him if we have a boy. :haha: But my DH won't mind either gender---I caught him smiling at a baby girl the other day. . .I could see he'll be wrapped around a little girl's finger if we have one. :) I think men just have this innate sense that if they don't produce a boy, then they are keeping their "line" alive. . . ridiculous, but I think that's what it is. :)

Dang---can I come over to one of your houses tonight? We have hardly any groceries in the refrigerator, so DH & I are eating a quick PB&J and heading to the grocery store tonight. . . I'd rather have the refrigerator full and sit on the couch the rest of the night, though. . . Grocery shopping takes FOREVER. . . . :(

Hello, have you room for one more?
I am due my 3rd baby 14th February :D I have a 8yr old DS and a 6yr old DD xx

Hi, Midnight_Fairy! Of course we have room, welcome :D

Haha, I just went grocery shopping last night, and I'll still be eating leftover pasta for dinner! I'm still struggling with my appetite, and nothing is very appealing to me. Except junk food! But then I feel sick and wish I hadn't eaten it. My whole digestive system is unhappy with me. Still super constipated, too...had to take milk of magnesia last night because I was so backed up that I was in major pain. Super TMI- it worked, but when I finally was able to go, it was the size of a softball and nearly killed me. I'm still recovering lol.

Anyone else starting to get lots of round ligament pain? I sneezed in an awkward position yesterday and it hurt so bad I cried. Felt like being stabbed, or like something exploded in there. It's a good thing I knew what it was, or I might have panicked and gone to the ER or something! Just had to curl into a ball for a few minutes until the sting wore off.

Haha, I sound like such a whiner! Let me tell you, though, I'd take all of this discomfort and more rather than go through first tri again!

Hi Midnight! I remember you from another thread!! So glad to see you on here! :)

Dragon---I am 100% with you on the lack of appetite. It's horrible for me. I really just don't feel like eating at all, but have to force myself through all meals and snacks because I know I'll get sick if I don't eat something. :( I just want cravings to come! (I've had a few cravings, but they've been really expensive restaurants. . . DH keeps complaining that the baby has expensive tastes!) :) And we're trying to save money for the baby, so I can't give in to the expensive cravings. :(

Oh my goodness--I hear you on the softball thing! I ate a whole bunch of tomatoes today, and it had the same effect on me! :haha:

And round ligament pain---YES! I'm sitting here at my desk and I have to keep from grimacing when I'm talking to people because the pains come up so suddenly!!

Definitely DEFINITELY better than first tri, though! :)

:hi: Midnight :) the more the merrier!

Yes, I've been getting RLP a lot. I think where I sit down a lot in my job and forget to get up and walk about, when I do get up it really hurts. Like I've stretched myself in half :sad1: not pleasant!

Oh my gosh, yes, if I've been sitting a while and then stand up too fast...I usually end up immediately bent in half again! My co-workers keep asking me why I'm doubled over in pain every time I stand up :haha:!! I just need to learn to get up slowly!

Welcome, Midnight! I'll add you to the first page under February 14th :D Do you know the gender yet? We're on a blue streak here, except for DragonflyWing's laid-back twin :haha:

I have had the same round ligament pain. For me it's mostly when I lift something heavy, or turn in the wrong direction. I was putting my 2-year-old to bed the other night and was hit with a sharp pain that made me drop her from about 3 feet above the bed! She thought it was a game and laughed, but what if I'd been over cement?? I might have to start taking it a bit more easy. I'm glad it's not just me, though. It's comforting to know it's not something wrong in there, but totally normal :)

I actually asked my MW about it yesterday and she said it's completly normal as your uterus is growing from the size of a tennis ball to the size of a rugby ball. Everything has to stretch and move a bit to make room.

She said try to get up and walk around regularly if you sit down a lot and don't try to lift things that are heavy.

That sounds like excellent advice form your midwife, Jo! Funny image popped into my head of a rugby ball in there. Yikes! :haha:

I'm up late tonight nervous about tomorrow's Dr. appointment. I don't know why I'm nervous, honestly. It's just a check-up with heart beat and such. I just hope all is well with baby, and that I haven't gained more than a few pounds this month!

My round ligament pain doesn't seem so and this time, though a sudden sneeze hurts that's for sure!

Toes fatter and redder. https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_73DDC312.jpg. Doctors shut today and tomorrow...have emailed the secretary who I think is working behind the scenes today so maybe she will see my email and footy photo!
Have my two boys home today with back to school fevers...hoping they won't mind a feet up in front of tv day!

Morning all.

Thanks for a lovely welcome :D

We do not know the gender yet. I have my 20 week scan on the 27th September and we are hoping to find out. I think its a boy but we dont mind either way really. I have a 8yr old boy and a 6yr old girl so not really fussed. :)

I am really suffering with heartburn and the aches that you all describe. Seems like baby is on a massive growth this week then!? Lets hope my "bump" will start to look more like a bump and not bloat! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->