Valentines Babies, 2013!

Congrats glitterbug! Boys are adorable ! Xx

Wll thereby go then! My predictors say 8 girl and 2 boy. So that's probably no indication at all! :haha:

I have got a bit bigger this week but I'm a larger girl anyway, so I still have a B shaped bump. I can't wait for i to be nice and smooth!

With DD everything was right tho (which is why I was so convinced girl again) - it may well all be right for you Jo!

Congrats on team blue, Glitter!

I thought my bump would be bigger by now! I can still fit in almost all my pre-pregnancy pants (although they are not very comfortable!), and people have been commenting that I'm still pretty small. The only time i really look pregnant is when I'm wearing maternity clothes!

The thing i learnt last time is other people love to comment...you will always get 'your so small' ' your so big' (usually in the same day) 'your carrying high/low' and many others! Even from random strangers that feel its ok to touch your bump!

Congrats on the team blues! Boys are amazing. I have reconsidered about staying team yellow and a. now going to find out....i am convinced girl but i was tge same at this stage with DS so i dont think that counts for anything lol.

My worse fear is that some random person touches my bump whilst I'm in the grocery store or something! I think I am likely to slap them or at least give them a mouthful of abuse. I would hate that.

Why do people feel they need to comment at all!? The most I've said to a friend who's been pregnant is, I think you look lovely! Why would I say that she looks really big!?

One of my friends said that people had said to her, Ooooh are you sure there's only one in there?

A woman at work asked me how far along I was the other day, when i said 16 weeks her eyes widened as if she was going to say blimey is that all? She must have spotted the look on my face because she didn't say anything.
I was going to say "well seeing as the fat doesn't just disappear, the baby is pushing the fact forward so it might look bigger, but thanks for asking and making me feel really good about myself"

Grrrr sorry for the rant, but I hate that people think because you are pregnant it's ok to comment on the way you look.

Other responses up my sleeve when someone says "gosh you're big"
- gosh, you're bald
- I'm growing a baby, what's your excuse
- gosh, you're rude
- gosh, you're ugly
- thanks, now I feel great about myself
- f*** off

:rofl:

I got a comment this morning as I dropped my son at school. His teacher from last Aegean asked if the baby was due soon (!) and I said no, five months to go and she replied with something along the lines of (I translate from French) "ah yes, third baby.." and then she gesticulated to show an enormous fat bump!...I felt so awkward about basically saying I was big that I joined in with a polite British "haha yes, I will be enormous and round in time for Christmas!"..in my head I pictured me as a christmas pudding with little limbs squishing out...probably won't be far from the truth!
The other day anther teacher asked me when. Was due and when I said February she said "sosa soon already! S it just goes to show, people just like to comment one way or another!

Feeling rubbish today, feel like I have a flue coming, had a headache on and off for 4 days and have two red swollen toes :( not sure what they are all about...brain went into overdrive worrying about thrombosis in the night but am trying to stay calm and it be a hypochondriac!

Aw Helena. Even though I have rude abusive comments up my sleeve I bet I will be very British too and either just laugh and agree or say, well that's because I'm a big girl.
Even if I plan to be assertive like that, I bet I don't end up saying it at all! :haha:

Not sure about how I will react to strangers grabbing my bump though. My friend she got that all the time!

You are right. People just like to say something. Whatever it is!

To me, it's like walking round the supermarket saying, oh I don't like your hair cut, that top doesn't suit you.. Etc.

I've had a blocked nose for about a week and I've been sneezing. Also have an upset stomach today. I thought we were supposed to feel better and glow in the 2nd tri! :haha: not me :(

Not sure what to think about swollen toes though!

I am with you on the blocked nose too Jo, I am certainly not glowing!

Here are my toes, please excuse the nails which desperately need repainting. https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_3AEE0CA8.jpg its the right foot which is a bit odd.
Am wondering if I should see the doc and be my blood pressure checked since I have the headaches ...but maybe it's too early for all that per eclampsia high blood pressure stuff?

The right one does look more swollen. If you are at all worried, maybe just go to the docs anyway. Or phone them or the midwife?

I think I would phone the midwife to ask, just to be sure if it was something to worry about. Could you have been bitten at all?

At lunch esteday I felt like I had grit or sand between my toes, I had socks on though, and when I rubbed them I realized they were a bit red. Tink the grit feeling may have just been where they were a bit fatter than usual and rubbing together....will mabe give it until tomorrow and see. I it's still odd or if my headache comes back I will be checked tomorrow.

Good plan. Maybe give your feet a soak in some warm water? It should help with the swelling and if there is anything trapped then it should come out!

My worse fear is that some random person touches my bump whilst I'm in the grocery store or something! I think I am likely to slap them or at least give them a mouthful of abuse. I would hate that.

Why do people feel they need to comment at all!? The most I've said to a friend who's been pregnant is, I think you look lovely! Why would I say that she looks really big!?

One of my friends said that people had said to her, Ooooh are you sure there's only one in there?

A woman at work asked me how far along I was the other day, when i said 16 weeks her eyes widened as if she was going to say blimey is that all? She must have spotted the look on my face because she didn't say anything.
I was going to say "well seeing as the fat doesn't just disappear, the baby is pushing the fact forward so it might look bigger, but thanks for asking and making me feel really good about myself"

Grrrr sorry for the rant, but I hate that people think because you are pregnant it's ok to comment on the way you look.

Other responses up my sleeve when someone says "gosh you're big"
- gosh, you're bald
- I'm growing a baby, what's your excuse
- gosh, you're rude
- gosh, you're ugly
- thanks, now I feel great about myself
- f*** off

:rofl:

My favourite response is the last!! :rofl: I do find people become incredibly opinionated over the size of a bump - it can never just be 'perfect' (which they are!). I hate hate HATE the thought of anyone touching my bump - with DD I would physically move away if someone lunged to have a prod (except my DH or mum...oh and the midwife!!) I wouldn't dream of doing it to anyone else so why do it to a pregnant lady.

'Keep off the Bump. Private Property'

I saw a top the other day that said "hands off the bump" I was very tempted to buy it!

I saw a top the other day that said "hands off the bump" I was very tempted to buy it!

I have one from DD. Two hand prints and it says 'hands off the bump'. I will be getting that out to wear before long i'm sure!!

It was in New Look I think. I might get it!

https://www.newlook.com/shop/matern...-magenta-hands-off-the-bump-t-shirt_265228378

It was in New Look I think. I might get it!

https://www.newlook.com/shop/matern...-magenta-hands-off-the-bump-t-shirt_265228378

That's the one! Mine was grey with pink hands. Loved it!! Go on, get it!

they do it in Burgandy, blue, black and teal. Hmmm decisions decisions! :haha: I might just do it!

I think I'll go for teal :thumbup: I will order it online when I get back :D

I've got my 16w appointment in about 30 minutes time, we'll finally get to hear the heartbeat!

Glitter - did you pay for a private gender scan? Or did you just find out on the NHS?

Hello everyone! Sorry for my absence! We had a long holiday weekend over hear, so I was away from the computer. Thanks for all of your support. I was feeling better by the end of the day, so I didn't end up going to Urgent Care. :blush: It's increasingly started to feel better, so I'm hoping it was just irritated. Today, hardly any itching and I find if I wear a panty-liner, it keeps me drier, which is helping a lot. I'll mention it on Thursday at my next midwife appointment and see what she says, but I'm thinking it's just a pregnancy thing and not much to worry about since it's feeling so much better.

Congratulations on the boys! I can't wait to find out and I am so happy to know you have all found out so early!!

I definitely feel way bigger this week---people keep commenting. My coworkers keep touching my bump and some even get down and "talk" to it. VERY weird! lol I keep thinking, "You've never touched me before, so why do you think you can all of the sudden touch me and breathe on my bump!?" lol

We picked up our stroller from MIL this weekend--I actually really like it! So cute! I'm going to wash all of the cloth-parts on it since it was used, but it's in really good shape! I can't wait to push my baby in it!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->