Valentines Babies, 2013!

Hi midnight!!,

Oh ladies I need sympathy...Feel so washed out, not sure if tis mystery foot situation or bug my sons had, and feel like crying. Foot all odd...keep panicking what if it's infected ...what if baby is at risk?
But OB is shut. Normal doctors usually you have to wait hours with sick people in a waiting room the size of a stamp, or make an appointment 5 years in advance...so that leaves maternity or a&e at the hospital...what if it's just an insect bite?
Nausea too...but is that just pregnancy? Oh it's all too much. I feel like I need my mum to tell me what to do and to take charge!
Of course maybe it's nothing, maybe I am hormonal and acting silly.,.i just don't know!...

Am in such a sorry state my 4 year old just dragged his duvet off his bed and put it on me on the sofa! Bless him.

So OB says, via email, to go see my GP. Will do tomorrow.

Good Morning Ladies,

Wow! There has been a lot going on while I was on vacation. Welcome and welcome back to those whom are here now. Get better to everyone who is down and out. And congrats to those who found out what team they are on!

I had a fantastic time at my parents, but I am not too eager to get on an airplane again any time soon. I had some of the worst connections and layovers ever! I did get to see my best friend who has declared that she isn't buying anything for the baby until she comes back to see us after the birth. Then she is kidnapping me, dragging me to the store and buying whatever I need for the baby. I'm thinking of asking her to pay for a diaper service. :haha:

Has anyone else had trouble sleeping recently? Over the past few nights I've found it nearly impossible to get comfortable with or without DH. I think I might cave and buy a maternity pillow this weekend.

DH really wants a son, but I would really like a daughter. If we are going by old wives tales we are having a girl. HB has been 169 and 151. Gender predictor charts say girl. My mom did the ring over the belly test and it circled. So we have our 18 week check up next Thursday and will then get to schedule our scan. My grandma was awesome and bought me a whole new wardrobe of maternity clothes. I never realized how uncomfortable I was before now. We also bought a Chicco Travel System since it was on sale for Labor Day. It should be here this afternoon!

https://www.chiccousa.com/gear/travel-systems/cortina-30lb-systems/travel-systems-30-gemini.aspx

I registered for Chicco Keyfit 30 carseats! Mine has a double stroller, though.

And yes on the trouble sleeping! I've had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep for several nights in a row. It was a little better last night after I propped myself up with pillows all around me. I'm thinking about getting a pregnancy pillow too, any suggestions?

Helena, I'm so sorry you're feeling so ill :( I know exactly what you mean, that sometimes even as a mother myself when I feel completely ill I want my own mommy too! I hope your doctor can sort it out today, and keep us posted!

Kellen, welcome back! How nice of your grandma to give you maternity clothes. There's not better gift than comfort, and making you feel good in your clothes for the next 5 months. I love the stroller, by the way :)

DragonflyWing, I have the Snoogle pregnancy body pillow and LOVE it. It's actually buried in my closet, but I plan on digging it out tonight. The problem is, my 2-year-old still winds up in bed with me almost every night, and she loves to cuddle. I'm afraid with a giant pillow in there she might either feel left out or fall off the bed!!

Here's the pillow

Attachments

• snooglepillow.jpg
    snooglepillow.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
Ooh, thanks wamommy! My mom just bought the Snoogle for herself! She has various joint problems and has a hard time getting comfortable to sleep...she said it has been a lifesaver. Maybe I'll check it out for myself! Is it weird having to use it instead of your regular pillow under your head? I feel like that would bother me.

At first it is kind of weird. I actually pushed the head part over and continued to use my own pillow for a while. The best part is it goes between your legs on the bottom, and runs along your back which keeps you from rolling over (which I really need, since I keep waking up on my back which is a no-no).

I bought a pregnancy pillow a bit like this one, which is a pregnancy
Illow, baby chair and nursing pillow. For me it lacks a bit of stuffing, but I can easily top it up. I love the idea it has so many uses. https://www.nosbambins.com/Nbb_article7917.html

Dragon, I love the fact that the Chicco Key Fit allows for babies up to 30lbs to be rear-facing! To me this is a major safety feature that I refuse to do without. A co-worker of mine said they are super durable. They used the same seat for their little girl (who is 3 now) and now for their little boy who turns 1 at the end of this month. To me that speaks volume.

Wamommy, I am a back-sleeper galore! Right now I'm trying to use DH as a backrest, but he is wiggly and doesn't always keep me from rolling onto my back. Apparently I woke him up last night with my mumbling as I tried to find a non-back resting, comfortable position. The Snoogle looks like it might be the thing for me.

Hope your foot is better soon Helena x

I have had trouble sleeping too, I'm a side sleeper but I keep waking up all throughout the night and switching sides. My legs just start to ache and get all restless. I've been thinking about a pillow too, I think it would help to have it between my knees :thumbup:

Midnight - our scan is the same day! We will find out what team we are together :yipee:

We've ordered our pram, it's the quinny buzz 3 and we've ordered the carrycot too :D
https://www.quinny.com/ot-en/products/strollers/buzz-3
I walk my dog twice a day, so wanted the off road wheels for that :thumbup:

Jo that looks like a super cool stroller/pram/thingamajig! With all you having scan dates I'm getting restless to have our appointment next week so we can book our scan.

Has anyone else had leg cramps or an itchy bump? My legs started cramping (just for a few minutes at a time) a couple days ago. My bump has been itching since last night and it is driving me crazy! Poor DH might have some bruises on his ribs from my violent elbow swinging to get to the itch!

I really love that pram, can't wait to use it! It folds down really small too and i can clip the car seat onto it to just wheel baby around in that, o practical and really lightweight :thumbup:

I find my bump tickles when bean moves! I did have the itches a week or so ago, I think it is just because your skin is stretching.

Hello everyone! I'm training a new girl in our office still, so no BabyandBump for me during the day. :( All work no play! :( But work is over now and I just read up on everyone.

Sorry to hear about all of the aches and pains! I'm definitely itching a lot from all of the skin stretching! And I'm still sleeping on my back (I start out on my side but wake up on my back). . .this seems to happen even when I put a body pillow behind me. :( I'm going to ask my midwife about it tomorrow and see what she suggests.

I'm loving all of the strollers! Great picks! I just bought a bouncer today---it was used, but in brand-new condition! So happy! Here is a link to what it looks like (I got it from a person in my town, not from Amazon. :) )

https://www.amazon.com/Carters-Bumble-Cuddle-Musical-Bouncer/dp/B0041V6K6C/ref=pd_sxp_f_i/192-4770248-2280644

Okay so I need some advice. Dh and I got in another argument tonight ...since our 16 week appt is tomorrow morning, I asked him what we should say if the midwife offers the quad/trisomy 21 test? He already knew my answer : I want to do it ...because I'm a worrier and a planner. So I can prepare to take care if a special needs baby or not. Well Dh got all upset saying we should love the baby anyways and I was making him think of the baby as special needs now instead of a normal baby. He said it's unjust to think differently of the baby because it might have special needs ..... this coming from a man who gets nervous and has to leave the room when there are special needs kids there. I used to work with severely disabled kids and I know how challenging that can be... I just want to be prepared. And I don't want to be shocked or scared or worried or upset when the baby is born - I'd rather know ahead of time. Well Dh is a hothead and got upset and left the room and told me I'm ridiculous. So...I'm wondering ...are you ladies having/had the test done? What are your reasons to/not to? Is it ridiculous to even worry about it? Im young -26-healthy and the only down syndrome individual in my family is my cousins daughter. And I'm from a really large family. Obviously I'm going to love my child either way... but I just figured that they offer the test, so why not take it? But Dh thinks differently which makes me wonder if I should reconsider? Any thoughts?

Sierra, honestly this is such a personal choice. I happen to be on your side, though. I had an appointment this morning where they did the second blood draw for the quad screen. I should find out in a couple of days whether or not it came back low risk. If it's higher than 1/200 they offer a BRAND NEW test at my ob that is so exciting! Instead of an amnio, which has been the only definitive test up until now, there is a new blood test that is 99% accurate in determining down syndrome. It's still new, but cool technology. I guess my reasons for wanting to test are the same as yours. I Want to be prepared. I would keep and love my child no matter if it had a disability or not, but I want to be educated on how to be the best parent I can if we're given that challenge. Luckily my DH agrees with me, so we're having it done. I understand the other side of the argument, though, and it's a tough call. I'd say have a real heart-to-heart with your DH and hope to come to an agreement you're both happy with. Stressful!!

Jo_Bean, I love that stroller! We used it with DD#1 (the older version) and then moved to the Quinny Zapp once she was older, since it folds SO small. We ended up getting a second Zapp for DD#2, and now we use those most of the time. The seat unzips to put the maxi cosi carseat right in, so we'll probably use the whole set-up again this round!
All we'll need is a Non-pink seat cover if it's a boy :dohh: Hmm... pics are at the bottom and I can't figure out how to move them!! AND I just realized this is the new version, ours is slightly older-modelish... Oh well, lol.

I had a doctor appointment this morning :D It went well, pretty basic stuff. Heart beat was 152 :yipee: I had the blood draw for quad screen, and also for my thyroid. I get the thyroid test every other month because I don't HAVE a thyroid due to cancer in my teens. I've had my levels under control for years, but pregnancy can make it go all wonky. Fingers crossed results come back awesome, but for now it seems to be a happy little monster in there!

Attachments

• mini_quinny_zapp.jpg
    mini_quinny_zapp.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1
  • zappfolded.jpg
    zappfolded.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 0
Doctor looked at my foot, which s again mildly worse today. "no idea" was the verdict. Great. Blood pressure normal though, good.
Gve me paracetamol for my headaches. I could have done that myself!..

Love the zap! I am thinking it may be the only pushchair that will fit in my car!

Only 3 weeks today till I find out if baby is pink or blue and I honestly have no idea! This pregnancy is so different to my other 2. (I already have a boy and a girl).

Walked dog yesterday and ended up with really bad back ache at about 9pm- probably not helped by the fact my son insisted I sit on his high rise bed to read his story. I nearly got stuck!

Wow, wamommy, that's an awesome stroller! It's like space-age ;)

Kellen- last night I woke up just as my calf was about to cramp, and I was able to jump up and walk around a little to avoid the cramp! Thank goodness, because leg cramps are SO painful. Just another second or two and it would have been too late. I've also had itching all over my body for a few days, mostly at night. That's really annoying!

I had a terrible dream last night that I was kidnapped by a couple who couldn't have children...they were going to keep me prisoner until I gave birth, steal the baby, and kill me! (in the dream there was only one baby :wacko:) Scary!

Dragon, that is a scary dream! The only weird dream I've had so far is that the public school system came after me (due to the fact I was homeschooled on and off) and demanded that I retake 6th grade (oddly enough I went to an actual school for 6th grade). I kept trying to explain that I have a BA, MS and am working on my Phd... they told me not too be self-conscious about being pregnant because I wouldn't be the only one in my class expecting a baby. Not scary, just weird and annoying. No one would listen to me.

Okay so I need some advice. Dh and I got in another argument tonight ...since our 16 week appt is tomorrow morning, I asked him what we should say if the midwife offers the quad/trisomy 21 test? He already knew my answer : I want to do it ...because I'm a worrier and a planner. So I can prepare to take care if a special needs baby or not. Well Dh got all upset saying we should love the baby anyways and I was making him think of the baby as special needs now instead of a normal baby. He said it's unjust to think differently of the baby because it might have special needs ..... this coming from a man who gets nervous and has to leave the room when there are special needs kids there. I used to work with severely disabled kids and I know how challenging that can be... I just want to be prepared. And I don't want to be shocked or scared or worried or upset when the baby is born - I'd rather know ahead of time. Well Dh is a hothead and got upset and left the room and told me I'm ridiculous. So...I'm wondering ...are you ladies having/had the test done? What are your reasons to/not to? Is it ridiculous to even worry about it? Im young -26-healthy and the only down syndrome individual in my family is my cousins daughter. And I'm from a really large family. Obviously I'm going to love my child either way... but I just figured that they offer the test, so why not take it? But Dh thinks differently which makes me wonder if I should reconsider? Any thoughts?

Hiya, I declined the DS test as tbh, its one of many disibilitys. A scan can not tell you if your child has autism etc. The reason I use that example is my son has autism. It really does not bother me and I figured me I will just go with the flow as I class my self as low risk of DS and its one disibilitys of many that its really not worth it in my situation (IMO) hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->