Valentines Babies, 2013!

Congrats on the little :pink: Munchkin, she is very adorable.

Dragon - I am so sorry to hear that you are still under the weather. It sounds like you have something nasty. I know the 36 hours I was under the weather was absolutely horrible. I cannot imagine how you feel. Just stay in bed and pamper yourself. Believe me, the work will still be there when you get back.

Well, we told my MIL that we were thinking of Aari as a first name. Which then prompted one of my SILs to call and say that she met a little girl named Aria, whose name was pronounced Rae and that is super cute. Come on, I want a unique name, but I don't want a teacher to look at it an butcher it. That side of the family also hates the name Quincy. Does it make me a terrible person since now I want that for a first name even more? I think I have a decent shot since my grandfather's middle name is Ray and I can use that as leverage.
My DH's grandfather died earlier this year, but neither one of his names are usable: Carl Elva. And I won't be naming my girl Elbert (my grandpa's first name). So hopefully DH will agree to Quincy again. He liked it until people started saying how no one would know if she was a girl or boy... which is the point. I hate gender discrimination and I think it will be easier for her to get job interviews in the future. Just my random rant about names.

I think I would be the same! I have a name for a girl, not unlike Quincy that I know people won't like in the family but if we agree on it I will be using it regardless and if the MIL hates it then I will want it even more hahahahaha!!

Midnight_fairy, the first page shows what gender everyone's expecting :D I think Jo's right, that it's 8-5 with girls in a hearty lead!

Helena, I just love your attitude. I'm not sure I would handle it all so well, but seeing the bright side definitely makes it easier, and even fun! (As fun as it can be, you know what I mean :haha:)

DragonflyWing, I'm so sorry you're still sick :( I wish you could just tell everyone to back off for a few days and let you rest up. I agree with Kellen that the work will still be there, and the important thing is to take care of you and your beautiful babies.

Kellen, I like the name Aari. I was actually at a park just yesterday and a girl was named that. I thought it was beautiful and unique. I ALSO like Quincy though. We were considering Quinn for a girl, for similar reasons. As long as you and DH like it, the family will come around!

I have NO idea on boy's names. I'll have to sit and look through hundreds of them soon to make a short list for DH. DH's name preferences are, to put it nicely, yucky. I don't care for them at all! I don't want to hurt his feelings, so I suppose the best idea is to just come up with alternatives.

we have 3 names that we like....I know the family will like 2 of them but not 1 of them but tough luck :D hehe no one liked Ruby when we chose that for DD :S

Midnight - how's about Scarlet? Keep in the red theme!

Get well soon Dragon! I know in the summer when I get a bit of hay fever and wheeze at night it s scary feeling I can't get enough air. Can you not up work on hold? Time to recover is needed xxx

I wish I could just take a day or two off from work!! Unfortunately, I'm working on an important project that's time-sensitive, and the person who could normally back me up is on a business trip this week. We have deadlines and I can't even seem to step away from my computer for 20 minutes to rest. I'm trying to work from bed, but since I need to be on conference calls, it's difficult. Also, with all the doctor's appointments I have to go to, I don't have much time off left. If I took a day off, it would be unpaid. :(

On a brighter note, here are the little twinkies :) Little girl is the 3d one, and look at her little pursed lips! And we got a good profile on little boy but no 3d.

Attachments

• 21w6dB.jpg
    21w6dB.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 21w6dA.jpg
    21w6dA.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 3
Do you not get paid sick leave? Poor you, be careful x
Love the pictures!!! X

I do get paid sick leave, but I'm using it all up with doctor's appointments. Right now I only have 9 hours remaining (I accumulate 7 hours of paid time off every 2 weeks), and I need 3 of those for my next appointment...so I don't have a full day available to take off.

What beautiful pics, DragonflyWing! SO clear! Our only real clear shot was of his boy bits, and I can't exactly go around showing that off (as much as Dad wants to!!).
It sounds like you're in a bind with work :( I hope you feel better, or at least get to rest tonight once the work day is over!

Midnight, I like the name Ruby, it's so pretty! I agree with Helena that Scarlett would be beautiful. We didn't tie our daughters' names together except for the middle name. One's middle name is Hope, the other Faith. What goes with that theme for a boy?

What beautiful pics, DragonflyWing! SO clear! Our only real clear shot was of his boy bits, and I can't exactly go around showing that off (as much as Dad wants to!!).
It sounds like you're in a bind with work :( I hope you feel better, or at least get to rest tonight once the work day is over!

Midnight, I like the name Ruby, it's so pretty! I agree with Helena that Scarlett would be beautiful. We didn't tie our daughters' names together except for the middle name. One's middle name is Hope, the other Faith. What goes with that theme for a boy?

Justice?

You could always go with other language words for English words like Love, Charity, Peace, Patience, etc. ? I'm sure Google could help out with that. ;)

My DH is wanting to go with a family name for our little boy's middle name. He originally wanted his grandfather's (from his mother's side) name. It was a nice name, but I kept telling him "no" because 1) I feel if we use one family name, then every child that we have will have to have a family name (ie. if we use his grandfather's name, then we'll have to use my grandfather's name next time). 2) It would give his mother SO much satisfaction---and I just can't have her feeling like she has some kind of pull in our lives. . . I know that might sound mean, and I really do love her and enjoy her company----but she is the type of woman that you give in to one thing with her, she will try to meddle in our lives in EVERY way. (For example, she basically planned our wedding reception even though I hated what she was doing---and DH let her. . . So. . .I feel like I can't let her "win" on anything to do with the name).

Kellen---you aren't the only one who has to be careful around DH's family and doesn't want to do things their way! ;) (Which, btw, I think Quincy is also a very lovely name. . .) :)

So then, DH wants his father's middle name. Now, his father is deceased (he died when DH was 13), and he meant SO much to DH. So, using that middle name sounds perfect, right?! (MIL has since remarried so I don't think this would be so much "winning" if we did choose this name). DH's father seemed like a pretty good man from what DH says. . .except there were a couple things that DH has mentioned that made me question his father's morals a little bit. . . None of them were super bad things, but things that if DH did them, I'd be furious and extremely hurt----and things that go against MY morals. Other than that, the man seemed really awesome. But I can't get out of my head those 'few' things that DH mentioned to me. I mean, I don't want to associate my precious son with a name that whenever I think of it, I think of those "few" things. I haven't said anything to DH about this---just that I would think about that middle name---I don't want DH to know I'm thinking this way about his deceased father---because I know that would hurt DH *SO* much and it's not worth getting in an argument about. So, part of me doesn't want that middle name because of these thoughts---but then I'm wondering if I'm being way too judgmental. . .I mean, no one is perfect. . . so shouldn't I just try to associate the good things about DH's father with the middle name? It doesn't mean that my son is going to do those things just because he has the name. And, I really do like the sounds of the middle name. . . I just can't get past my own thoughts! :(

Any advice, ladies? Am I over thinkg this? Is a name just a name and nothing associated with it? I really am 50/50 on this---I could go with the name, but I could also fight it. . .

It's hard, isn't it Sierra? Naming a baby seems like the easiest thing in the world. When I hear other people's names or their children's names I almost NEVER judge or dislike them. Somehow it's completely different when it's your own child, though. It's a forever thing. They will always be what you chose to name them. PRESSURE!!! :dohh:

I over think it too, obviously... lol. I would say to pretend in your own mind that you named the baby after you DH's dad, and mentally call the baby that for a few days. See how it feels. Your gut may tell you whether it's the best fit for your baby? I thought about giving this baby a family name, but my grandfathers are names Lester and Constantino... ugh no. My dad and DH have the same name, so another one might be overkill! I've never been a big fan of "Jr." names either.

After telling DH what you said, Sierra, DH likes Love as a middle name! I said, "in what language?," and he said "Love, in English." Yikes!! He said it will build character and force him to earn the name. I can just SEE the boys on the football team having a field say with that one, though. "Your middle name is WHAT??" Oh, man...

It's easy to over think it but it's a process you go through before you'll just pick one:) If you loved either of the names then it wouldn't matter who else had them or what they were like. Just don't feel pressured into continuing a family name if you don't want to. You are starting your own family now and could start a new tradition instead of following old ones.

Once your little baby is here, it won't matter why he's named what he's named. He will make the name his own.

If you feel you need to use a family name, try and research family trees and see what other names come up. Pick the name because you love it, not because anyone else tells you too xxxx

Sierra, if DH would really like his fathers name as a middle name I would go for it. Especially if you didn't know him and have only worries about minor stories you heard - no one is perfect, it just shows his dad was real? And that your husband loved him warts and all.
We named our sons after family members - Ted and Sam. Neither of whom I knew directly. Both from my mums family, since they were the family names that worked best for us. But DH got to chose the middle names from his family. I didnt really think about people being put out ...but i dont think they are. Once you give someone a name it becomes their own and not the person whose it was before, if you get what i mean. So if it means a lot to DH Sierra I say go with it.

we are just choosing the new little lady's name on a whim, nothing to do with family, just names we like. and it is proving so much harder to chose!! Short list changes daily and has about 10 options.

I love the idea of red theme with scarlet but sadly its a bit of a name used here with people I dont like much and who shout it at tops of their voices in supermarkets :( shame

We do have 2 gemstone names though and a nature name, the other name is just a name we like. Her name will definitely be one of the 4 :)

Hi ladies :wave:

So I have just posted the long version of the update in my journal if you care to have a read. But the short version is that we are being referred to a Fetal Medicine Unit as the scan showed some abnormalities with babies feet. There's a chance nothing is wrong but they want to do further tests. This took over the scan really as was a higher priority, but at the end they had a look to see the sex and we are almost definitely team :pink:

Sorry blues, you are well and truly outnumbered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->