Valentines Babies, 2013!

Happy birthday, Kellen! I'm sorry for your loss in February :hugs:

It sounds like you ended up having a nice birthday dinner even with the few initial snags! That dessert sounds yummy. :)

I wish that I would have a burst of energy like that...poor DH, he is so deprived. Especially with having been sick for a week already, I haven't even had the slightest bit of interest in being intimate.

Seems there are a few of us in a similar bag.i also lost a baby on 10 or 11 may. But you know, I haven't thought much about it since it was lost so early (4+3), but a few times when I have been looking at baby names and some make references to remembering I do think of him/her. But I don't think about it's due date etc. Kellen, we're you far along? Hugs.
Happy birthday! X

My day got better. DH surprised me by sneaking past or house while out working this morning to give me an extra hug. Love him!

Seems there are a few of us in a similar bag.i also lost a baby on 10 or 11 may. But you know, I haven't thought much about it since it was lost so early (4+3), but a few times when I have been looking at baby names and some make references to remembering I do think of him/her. But I don't think about it's due date etc. Kellen, we're you far along? Hugs.
Happy birthday! X

My day got better. DH surprised me by sneaking past or house while out working this morning to give me an extra hug. Love him!

Awww! What a good DH!!

Thanks for the support, everyone. We weren't too far along - only 7 weeks - but it was still awful. I guess the due date stuck with me because it was my birthday.

My mom is in the process of trying to convince my friends to host a "virtual" baby shower for me since no one lives around here. 3000+ mi is a bit far to travel for a shower. I'm not too concerned since I know at least one of my friends will be flying out a month after the baby is born and she wants to buy a bunch of stuff that we need.

Next week I have an appointment to speak with the HR director for my agency. Our insurance is currently on open enrollment so she is going to walk me through the best options. I am also eligible to enroll for short-term disability so that I can continue to get paid (not at the full amount) during maternity leave. DH's open enrollment is next month so we'll be taking advantage of both. Thankfully I'm a state employee so our baby will have full insurance for $24/mo that is required to be accepted at all pediatrician offices.

Kellen, Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a great day, and I can understand it being mixed with sadness. I also lost a baby May 8th (after another loss March 3rd). I had no idea so many of us on this thread were coming straight off a loss! It's a complicated set of emotions, and it's so tough. I hope you can give your lost baby a quiet love, and then give yourself permission to celebrate your OWN birth :D

Helena, want to trade DH's?? :haha: He sounds amazing. The most romantic thing my DH ever does is to leave the room to pass gas :dohh:

How was everyone's weekend? Ours was pretty lazy here. I got a lot of house cleaning done, and watched a lot of football, but other than that was pretty boring! Our rainy season finally hit, after record-setting dry spell for Seattle. We went 81 days without rain! Well, we're paying for it now, and there's not much to do around here when it's pouring rain. I'm thinking maybe the Children's Museum tomorrow. Sigh...

He is pretty special wamommy :)... Ooh hormones ow making me less psychotic mum and more soppy loved up wife!....:wacko:

It's amazing so many of us had losses recently before our current babies. Guess it goes to show how often it happens. I remember reading it happens to 1 in 3 pregnancies.it was my third so I remember kind of expecting it in an awful way.
Maybe we wil meet these little ones in another place one day.

Oooh hormones now making me all dreamy and romantic....these hormones have a lot to answer to today!:dohh:

Thanks for all the support everyone. It is amazing and sad that so many of us are recovering from recent losses. I'm better today and ended up having a pretty good night as I forced DH to go grocery shopping with me.

Now I am completely unmotivated to do work. I need to get some future projects started because I am pretty much out of the office and in the field almost every day next week.

We were supposed to be attending a water birth class this Thursday, but the computer at the hospital has lost us. They are trying to see if the nurse in charge of the class will make an exception for us. She happens to be the one who gave us the tour when I was sick and throwing up. Maybe that will make her more sympathetic to my plight?

Hello Ladies,
sorry to hear about all the reminders about the lost little ones. Computer was down and I should say the mobile version isnt that fab to be on.Its so limiting and straining on the eyes

struggling with on and off migrane and now dizzy spells .anyone else or is it just me?

On another note , would you buy a pre-packed hospital bag?

I've never heard of a pre-packed hospital bag! Interesting idea :D I think this time I will pack WAY less than the last two times. I read lists online about what should be in it, and packed everything under the sun. All I really used out of it were:
Socks with sticky rubber on the bottom
Shampoo and conditioner
Toothbrush/paste
Going-home clothes (Sweats or maternity)
A few tiny diapers and an outfit to take baby
home in.

I think that's IT honestly. I might bring make-up and my own pajamas in an attempt to be optimistic, but last time I lived in the hospital gown and looked like the walking dead for 2 days after. Hopefully I'll have the energy this time to look a TAD better for pics. (Not during of course! The day after, when grandparents start snapping away with the camera).

How could anyone else pack your pjs? I haent wear of the re cackled bags either. I wouldn't like it I don't think. I will be in for 4 or 5 nights wit it being a c sec, so I will need quite a lot of stuff.

I will be taking
2 pairs of pjs, maybe 3 pj bottoms in case of,..leakage...
Nursing bras,
Slippers
Plenty of cheap undies I am happy to throw if needed..gosh it's all so glam..
And a couple of comfy outfits with high waist bands (not so glam, but thinking c sec wound!) and easy access to the milk machines. Am thinking jogging trousers and a vest with a fleece or cardigan if needed. Ta way I don't have to get entirely topless to feed baby.
Oh that reminds me, I will also take some nipple shields in case of pain..and lanolin. Though I really want to buy some silver nipple cups before then too..but that is a whole different story. Breasfeeding has always been painful for me so I will probably have a whole bag of supplies for my boobs to take with me..

Toiletries etc
Arnica tablets. Not sure they work, but I took them with my ds1 and it was a very easy recovery.
Make up! (essential if I want to feel normal!). Hair dryer and defuser. Sounds bonkers and very vain but I want to feel good and human the day after the op, not like a patient.

Some DVDs
No books but a selection of cheap and cheerful magazines I can dip into with minimal concentration required.
And a lot of snacks for when I am wide awake in the night with baby and hungry and bored.
Some kids coloring books and pencils for when my boys or kids of friends visit, so the kids don't be bored and try pressing emergency buttons, swing from emergency alarm cords etc,,..
I will be taking a wrapped gift for each of my boys, to celebrate them being big brothers. Kids cameras maybe, so they can take pics there. Or something hospital themed.

We are so lucky here the hospital provides nappies and clothes and everything for baby.

Still, looks like I may need to hire a removal van! Lol! X

I hadn't thought about a longer stay in case of c-section! Hmm... Maybe I should pack a bit more just in case? We're only 14 minutes from the hospital, though, and DH will be going home during the nights with DDs, so I can always make lists for him to pick up at home :haha:

I don't think anything on your list sounds unreasonable, Helena! DVDs are a good idea, since there's a tv but NOTHING on in the middle of the night. I might bring a good book, too. I REALLY like the idea of wrapped gifts for the older kids. I will use that :D

I think this time I'll put the bag in the car at around 35 weeks. Both DDs were born at 38 weeks, but DD#2's entire labor start to finish was a very fast and scary hour and a half. I'm afraid we won't make it to the hospital! My OB said they may want to induce me this time to prevent "precipitous birth." YIKES! I really don't think he'll just fall out at home, but I want to be as ready as possible.

Ooh wamommy, sounds scary! I have always been scheduled c sections, the whole idea of just waiting for it to happen sounds scary to me. Especially if it can be quick..

A friend of mine had her third baby 20 minutes after her waters broke...

Oh goodness---you guys are making me even more paranoid about labor. . .lol :) I told DH the other day that we have to install the carseat base in our car soon because I wanted to be "ready"!! haha. He rolled his eyes at me and said it can wait a while. . . :)

I packed books with DD and I never read them, I was too busy looking at her, feeding her or trying to sleep!

This time I am taking old nightie to labour in
clean pjs
Clean nightie
thick socks
2x normal socks
slippers
robe
towel
joggers
2xtops
2xbra
breast/maternity pads
1pack nappies
1 pack cotton wool
make up bag
dry shampoo
hairbrush and bands (forgot bands before and they used a elastic band aghh)
Phone
camera
deodorant
big pants (2packs so I can chuck them lol didnt like disp pants ughh like paper)
face wipes

ummm think thats it really

https://www.bagsofessentials.co.uk/bags.html

Thats basically what the pre-packed hospital bag contains. I just pumped on the site but what i really like is the actual bag rather than the contents. Just wondering if its worth it pricewise!

I would send the money on a bag and fill it with my own stuff. Is nothing like your own toothbrush. And 2 breast pads? Really, 2? That may only last a couple of hours..but then I guess most ladies would be and heading home by the time their milk arrives. Poor old c sectioners are still stuck there for days..I do dream of a birth where bag arrives and I can go home almost right away. The service here is amazing, it's a private hospital, private room and amazing food etc. but usually I will be there 1 night before the operation (why I don't know), and 4 or 5 after. I will push for getting out sooner as I hate being away from my family and it is just so quiet in hospital, especially with being in a room on your own.as relaxing as it may sound, I am used to a house full of noisy boys, with cartoons blaring, someone shouting, 3 people all talking at once...silence with the occasional baby gurgle is odd for me. I may feel claustrophobic too since the windows don't open, it's all air con..think I will go for lots of walks to the hospital restaurant or car apr for fresh air (nurses watch baby for yo if you want) to save me going crazy!

Ooh all this talking about hospitals gets me excited though, time is going fast!

Am home today with 2 poorly boys with fever and coughs. Looks like a DVD day to me

Xx

Good morning ladies! Today's adventure: waking up to baby hiccups! I thought I had felt them one other time, but it was definite this morning---and DH was even able to feel them! Soooooooo cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->