Valentines Babies, 2013!

Good Morning Everyone!

Our LO woke her daddy up this morning by rhythmically kicking along to the song that was playing via our radio alarm clock. It was adorable. He was semi-awake and I was snuggled up to his back. :)

Apparently I'm mad at my MIL? I missed two of her phone calls and this means I'm angry... according to her. She called last night at 10pm to wish me a Happy Belated Birthday and I didn't pick up... mainly because I'd been asleep since 9. lol So she called my husband in tears saying how I was angry at her because I didn't call back about my 24hr stomach bug (I was throwing up and you expect me to call you?). I just find the whole situation amusing and ridiculous. I guess I'll call her this afternoon just to be nice. However people need to figure out that we live in a different time zone. Just because it is 7 at your house doesn't mean it is 7 at mine... It means it is 10 and I am most certainly asleep.

Oh goodness Kellen! If my MIL thought I was angry at her every time I ignored her phone call, then I'd be "angry" all of the time! lol I ignore her phonecall (and a lot of peoples) ALL of the time! haha. . .especially if it's close to my bedtime! Sometimes I even look at my phone in front of DH and see that it's his mom and HE tells me to ignore it! lol I hope your DH set her straight. . .my goodness---give a pregnant lady a break! :)

Soooo cute about your little girl kicking away. . . :)

Oh I love the fact our phone tells us who is ringing...I always ge DH to pick up or am "in the bath"... "putting the kids to bed"...

Oh I love the fact our phone tells us who is ringing...I always ge DH to pick up or am "in the bath"... "putting the kids to bed"...

haha--I love that. I might use those. . .especially once the baby is born! ;)

Hello all- glad to see all your updates! I haven't felt any hiccups yet (aside from my own almost every day lol- babies kick me in the diapraghm and give me hiccups), but the babies were kicking hard up by my ribs last night for a good 20 minutes. Each one made my hand jump...unfortunately, DH wasn't home to feel it. He has felt some minor wiggling, but he hasn't felt a good strong kick yet.

We have house guests this week! DH's friends from Denmark came to visit with their little 2 year old son. He seems like a lovely child, but he speaks equal parts Danish and English, and combined with the standard 2 year old babble, I can't understand anything he says! I feel really bad when I have to ask one of his parents to translate every time he says something.

The mother is DH's friend from college, and she's originally from here. They own some land here, and plan to move back after they've had all their children (the maternity/paternity benefits in Denmark are a lot better than they are in the US- mother and father both get a year off paid with each child!). They are basically using our house as their home base for their visit- they're going to be seeing a lot of family and doing day trips, so at least we don't have to entertain them 24/7! It saves them $$ on a hotel, and it gave me an excuse to force myself to clean the house a bit :)

My only complaint is that their little boy wakes up every morning at 5-6am and yells, screams, and bangs on the floor all morning (they are staying in the spare room right above my bedroom), so I'm not getting much sleep. LOL right when I get up to go to work at 8, they are going back down for a nap. Wish I could do the same!

SO cute about the baby kicks, Kellen, and the hiccups Sierra!! I haven't felt hiccups yet, but baby sure has been more active. I can only imagine what a circus it would feel like without anterior placenta! Kellen, maybe you have a little dancer in there :D

As for MIL being angry, she'll get over it! Are these babies her first grandchildren? My DH's aunt calls him and likes to talk for an hour about absolutely nothing, and he puts her off a lot. One day she said to him, "I just don't have anyone else to talk to, except the roaches." (she lives in Florida where bugs are a huge problem) I felt AWFUL! Maybe she's just really lonely?

I'm off to bake a couple loaves of pumpkin bread. There's a program in my church where we couple up and visit people who are sick or elderly, and I always like to bring a sweet snack :D I hope you're all having a wonderful day!

I hate the bugs here in Georgia so I completely sympathize with your Floridian aunt.

And nope, this will be the 18th grandchild. I am afraid I have spoiled my MIL. I'm the good DIL who reminds her DH when to call on birthdays, anniversaries and every once in a while just to check up. Normally I answer the phone so for me to leave two voice messages untouched is apparently unconscionable. We are the last of either set of siblings to tie the knot and I have kids. My MIL didn't understand why we didn't immediately start trying after getting married. I liked my alone time with DH, but now we are stable and ready to start a family. We will also be 1 of 2 kids not on welfare to support their family. :doh:

LO had hiccups once about a week ago. It was fun. I feel bad for everyone here who has anterior placenta. I would be so stressed if I didn't feel my girl bouncing around.

That sounds like a nice program, Wamommy. Will they include you on that list once you have your baby? I know a bunch of people at church have offered to make meals and stuff for us after our LO is born. But our congregation is typically older and they are excited to have a 4th baby to add to the nursery. LOL

Dragonfly 6am is so normal for me these days...get used to it ;) leas you don't actually have to get up right now. Try and take comfort in the fact you are awake at an ungodly hour but still snuggled in bed :) ..And not having someone shout "milky" at you, like me..or "mummy, I'm hungry, can we have breakfast now?"... How can I ignore pleads of hunger??! Little monkeys. Hehe. After 4 years I am finally used to being awake early. Leaving my bed is still painful, I try and convince them to play or cuddle for a while, but being awake when it's still dark is kind of ok for me now :)

No hiccups here either, though movements are all limited so the placenta is still in the way I am sure. I feel her do a massive kick, but sense it is being intercepted and not hitting the outside layers. I guess that's her kicking the placenta.
So lovely you OH felt baby kicking his back Kellen.
My 4 year old had his and on my tummy the other day. He looked so excited, and says so be patient, not at all like him. I said to take his hand away and try again later, and he simply said "no, leave it there for ages". But sister wasn't playing. Can't wait until she gives him a big wallop! He will be over the moon.
Flying to the uk tomorrow to visit our familes, can't wait! X

LOL that's like saying "Get your sleep now, because once the baby comes you won't be sleeping at all!"

At least when it's my kids I'll have a bond with them- with this kid I'm like "Shut uppppp, sick pregnant lady trying to sleep here!" ;)

LOL about sleep. My kids are actually night owls. They don't go to bed until around midnight! The plus side is they sleep in until 9:00am :D The DOWN side is that once baby comes I'll have 2 night owls and an early riser, and that won't leave much sleep time for me! Oh well, it's worth it I suppose, or women would never have more than one :haha:

Kellen, my church has amazing programs! I feel lucky to be there. There are a million kids and it's a really family-focused church, so they are all ready and willing to pitch in once the baby comes. I already have an amazing lady setting up meals and "shifts" with my older kids so that I can relax with the new baby once he comes! It's lucky for me, since most of my family lives too far away, or is too busy, to come help out once baby arrives.

Helena, I hope your DS gets to feel his sister soon! How is it that babies can sense a hand on the tummy and they get very still and shy??

Oh wamommy, I couldn't cope with that, it's 7.30 bedtime for my boys. 8 latest. Then they get up 6.30 which is early...but I love having my evenings with them tucked up in bed! New baby will Abe to fit this routine. She has no choice. :)

I have been productive this morning. It seems like mornings are the only time that I can be productive. Once afternoon hits I'm done for. But it is open enrollment time at work for benefits so now I'll have short term disability (ie paid maternity leave), life insurance, legal council and improved medical. After that I cleared up a bill with the lab by informing them that I do have secondary insurance through my husband. Then I called our auto insurance to see what the hold up was on being approved for car repairs. Apparently all we need to do is take the car to the shop and say: Fix it! And it shall be done... It might not seem like a lot but it took me 2 and a half hours of wading through customer service to get all of that sorted out.

I called my MIL last night to let her know that I'm not angry. Instead I got lecture about how if I were taking the correct prenatal vitamins I wouldn't be tired all the time because she loved being pregnant with her six kids because it gave her boundless energy. I gritted my teeth and smiled, then she had call come in and blessedly hung up.

Last night my mom was able to talk to my grandfather's doctor and have him explain exactly what is happening to my grandpa. In addition to having lung and chest cancer it has also metastasized into the bone, under the skin and in his lymph nodes. On top of this my grandpa has a severe case of emphysema. The lack of oxygen getting to his brain is causing him to have memory lapses. My grandma is setting up hospice today to help make my grandpa more comfortable. He isn't in any pain right now, which I am very thankful for. This is really hard on my mom and I feel each and every one of those 2,600 miles that separates us. Thankfully she will be here for Thanksgiving. My DH is offering to fly me out there, but money is tight and realistically there is nothing I can do for anyone if I was there... besides hugs.

Oh Kellen--I am so sorry about your grandfather! :( My heart goes out to you and your family. . .

About your MIL---"boundless energy"?!?! Vitamins or not---there is NO boundless energy in pregnancy in my opinion! lol

I love my MIL but we are complete opposites. She had 6 kids and would have kept going except for the fact that they could barely afford to feed the ones they had. She never had morning sickness with any of her kids, never had a miscarriage, never had sciatica and had boundless energy. This is the reason I dislike talking to her right now. When you hear about those perfect pregnancies... my MIL had 6 of them.

The other comment from last night that made me laugh was: "Well, back when I was having kids they only recommended vitamins while you were pregnant. Now you'll be taking them afterwards. It was the vitamins that gave me energy. Now I know why I was so tired once the babies were born. So if you keep taking them you should be fine." Seriously? :rofl:

Last night I fell asleep watching a movie in bed with DH. When I woke up at a quarter to eleven the bed was cold and there was no DH to be found. So I stumbled out into the kitchen to find him writing a poem. A few years ago he published a book of poems he had been writing since his senior year in high school. It has been a while since the urge to write has come upon him.
After he was done he read the poem to me. It made me cry. It was to our baby girl. DH never thought he would get married or have a family (we didn't meet until he was 34) so this whole pregnancy thing is blowing him away. The poem goes on to say how blessed he feels to be a husband and how being a daddy (not just a father) completes him in ways he never thought possible. He also talks about how he wants to be a roll-model to his daughter even when she doesn't listen.

It was so beautiful and I was crying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->