Valentines Babies, 2013!

Last night I fell asleep watching a movie in bed with DH. When I woke up at a quarter to eleven the bed was cold and there was no DH to be found. So I stumbled out into the kitchen to find him writing a poem. A few years ago he published a book of poems he had been writing since his senior year in high school. It has been a while since the urge to write has come upon him.
After he was done he read the poem to me. It made me cry. It was to our baby girl. DH never thought he would get married or have a family (we didn't meet until he was 34) so this whole pregnancy thing is blowing him away. The poem goes on to say how blessed he feels to be a husband and how being a daddy (not just a father) completes him in ways he never thought possible. He also talks about how he wants to be a roll-model to his daughter even when she doesn't listen.

It was so beautiful and I was crying.

Awww! That is so touching!! He sounds like such a good guy (and sentimental---which is huge points in my book!) :) I'm so happy for you and your soon-to-be-THREE family. :)

Kellen, that's so sweet! I would have cried too.

Or fallen over in shock that DH had written a poem lol...he's not into poetry.

To look at my DH you would never imagine that he is into poetry. His two favorites are Poe and Frost (quite the dichotomy!) and his styles tend to flow depending on mood. Last night's poem was in quatrain format and felt very Poe-ish (not dark) but it lacked the visual representation that his more Frost-ish works tend to contain. And now I sound like a poetry geek... This is what happens when you're the daughter of an English teacher.

Just found out that my co-worker who went out on maternity leave a couple months ago had a 13lb little girl. I knew she had had a girl and had seen pictures... but 13lbs! No wonder she had an elective C-Section. I'm now threatening my daughter with being grounded for life if she dares to grow that big inside of me.

To look at my DH you would never imagine that he is into poetry. His two favorites are Poe and Frost (quite the dichotomy!) and his styles tend to flow depending on mood. Last night's poem was in quatrain format and felt very Poe-ish (not dark) but it lacked the visual representation that his more Frost-ish works tend to contain. And now I sound like a poetry geek... This is what happens when you're the daughter of an English teacher.

Just found out that my co-worker who went out on maternity leave a couple months ago had a 13lb little girl. I knew she had had a girl and had seen pictures... but 13lbs! No wonder she had an elective C-Section. I'm now threatening my daughter with being grounded for life if she dares to grow that big inside of me.

13lbs! Oh my goodness!! Her poor pregnant body!! :( My sister had a 9 lb baby and I thought that was big!!

My DH was a 9lber and was induced early. I was an 8lber, but I was two weeks late. I am hoping for a nice 6-7lb baby. I wouldn't mind if I were a week early either...

Kellen, how awesome that DH already has such a great connection with and love for your little girl!! I would have cried too, and then joined Dragonfly on the ground from shock that DH was writing poetry :haha:

I was 9lb10oz and I was only the SECOND biggest of my siblings. My Mom had us all naturally! My poor mom. I can't imagine 13lbs. Both of my girls were right around average weight (7lb4oz and 7lb9oz) and 2 weeks early, so here's hoping #3 follows suit!

Last night I fell asleep watching a movie in bed with DH. When I woke up at a quarter to eleven the bed was cold and there was no DH to be found. So I stumbled out into the kitchen to find him writing a poem. A few years ago he published a book of poems he had been writing since his senior year in high school. It has been a while since the urge to write has come upon him.
After he was done he read the poem to me. It made me cry. It was to our baby girl. DH never thought he would get married or have a family (we didn't meet until he was 34) so this whole pregnancy thing is blowing him away. The poem goes on to say how blessed he feels to be a husband and how being a daddy (not just a father) completes him in ways he never thought possible. He also talks about how he wants to be a roll-model to his daughter even when she doesn't listen.

It was so beautiful and I was crying.

Aww bless your DH Kellen that was really awesome , I almost cried justreading the post .....I woke up on the sentimental side of the bed today!!!

Just when I planned to have a lie-in this saturday LO woke me up at 3:30am with the heaviest 'kick ' so far:haha: .Tossed and turned in bed until 5:15 and started continuously sneezing .....for fear of disturbing DH who had an early shift I moved to the study and tried to work on my project ...LO still kicking non stop enjoying the kicks until ...oh well until headache kicked in!!!!Well now feeling awful and my saturday is doomed....The joys of pregnancy:hugs:

How is everyone doing this weekend?

Aw, Kim, I hope you can go back down for a nap!! I've found afternoon naps to be absolute heaven, and a rare treat :D

Our weekend is a busy one. I think we're heading out to the pumpkin patch today (as long as it doesn't rain!) and we have my niece coming over for the weekend. She just turned 5, and having 3 little excited girls in the house I better come up with something fun to do!!

I had a fairly decent Saturday. I lazed about and was kicked for not moving more. Normally I'm up and down, but I just kind of laid in bed and read a book. Our nephew had his 5th birthday party yesterday afternoon/evening so we went over there for a little bit. DH somehow managed to get dragged into being the DD for the adult's party and is just now driving home (3:30am) and he has to be to work for a special event at 8am. Oh well... better him that me. I was invited, but declined as it was at a bar and there is lots of smoking there. Now I can't sleep due to not having DH home and awesome indigestion. I've been eating Tums, but they aren't even knocking it out... :(

Hi all, am visiting family in the UK at the moment. Have spent time with the inlaws and my husbands friends so far then later today we're are moving based, over to my family. It's been nice. Lots of eating - eating all the comfort foods we miss from home...crumpets, back sandwiches, Indian mmmm. But I am now fit to burst. Am slightly fed up at feeling massive. People seem to think I am huge already. And they are probably right, but since i am tired I am a bit sensitve about it just now :(
I love visiting family but I really am a homely person and after a few days I need my own space..so feeling a bit stressed too. 3 days at the inlaws is enough..
Oh listen to me, what a moaner!

Baby has been wriggling so that's nice. All going well on that front. Glad you all seem well xxx

^ aww I like my own space too! I think anything more than a couple of days would be too much for me!

Hope you are ok xx

I just spent a week with my in laws, could have killed them all!

Sounds like in-law homicide was on the plate for most of you this weekend. I am going to resume my position as a couch potato today. Well, and finish a couple pieces of school work that are due tonight.

Oh, Helena, hang in there! I always miss home when I leave too. How much longer do you have?

Jo_bean, I'm sorry to hear you had a tough week too! What happened?

As for being huge, I AM ENORMOUS! I feel so self conscious and gigantic that I want to cry every morning when I try to find clothes to wear. I wish I could just feel good about my body at this amazing time in my life and ENJOY being pregnant!! ARGH

Ah nothing, just close confined space with in laws is enough to ale me homicidal! :rofl:

Had our baby shower with DH's family yesterday- that was fun, but exhausting. My sister in law really went all out on the party...there was a pumpkin theme, so all the food was pumpkin based. Pumpkin french toast, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin dip with fruit, etc. Plus, there was a mimosa and bloody mary bar with a ton of awesome garnishes (and non-alcoholic options for me :)). People used fabric paint to decorate bibs and onesies for the babies, and there were a bunch of other fun games. It seemed like everyone had a really nice time. Here was my outfit, in keeping with the theme:

Attachments

• 23w2d.jpg
    23w2d.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 23w2d3.jpg
    23w2d3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 6
LOVE IT, Dragonfly :D Sounds like a blast! Cute pics too, btw!

24weeks today!!! yippeee! Its V-day hoooray!!!:cloud9::happydance:

LO is still at it with the heavy kicks and DH says she is celebrating a milestone!!!! if only she could do that without making my uterus a jumping castle:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->