Valentines Babies, 2013!

Happy V-Week everyone! I know I feel tons better having gotten to this point. I read somewhere that at 24 weeks our babies now have a 60-75% chance of surviving if they had to be born now.

My little one was super active and hyper yesterday while I was cleaning house. Today she is hardly moving at all. I guess this is her lazy day. Normally she is at least bumping around, but she was really, really active all day long yesterday so I'm not too concerned. She has rolled a couple of times this morning, but didn't feel inclined to kick her daddy awake this morning.

Goodmorning ladies!

Glad to hear we have so many active babies! :)

helena--I am also a home-body, and am dreading this weekend where I have a concert and have to sleep in a hotel for two nights. . .I love the comfort of my own home---especially during pregnancy. Before I was pregnant, I didn't mind staying over night in hotels because it was part of being a musician and it was an adventure. . . but now I just want my couch, my bed, and my cat to snuggle with! :haha:

We got the nursery painted this weekend!! Hooray!! It's done in tan with white baseboards and trim. Our bedroom set for baby is done in green and blue and brown with frogs and turtles---so we wanted a neutral wall color. I have to say, it looks GREAT! My sister and her family are moving in to that room this weekend, so I won't be able to get any good pictures until around January when they move out and I can set up baby's stuff! ;)

Oh---and we got a surprise refund check in the mail the other day---so we went shopping for a dresser/changing table! It's beautiful! I'm so excited! DH says lo's room is going to be way nicer than *OUR* room. :) He says I'm spoiling the baby already. ;) :cloud9:

DH says lo's room is going to be way nicer than *OUR* room. :) He says I'm spoiling the baby already. ;) :cloud9:

Isn't that what we're supposed to do :D We don't have an extra room in the house to dedicate to a nursery, so this LO will be shacking up with Mommy and Daddy :haha: Someday we'd love a larger house, especially as our family keeps expanding, but for now we'll have to make due! I don't think I've mentioned before that I also have a 15-year-old step-daughter who lives with us full time, so between her and the little girls, our house is pretty full!

I didn't realize a baby could survive if born at 24 weeks! AWESOME!! I always thought it was 28 weeks, but you're right! Not that I would want the babies to be born right now, but it's SO nice to know that if they were they'd have a fighting chance :)

Yep, now is when the viability starts to skyrocket. Babies born at 24 weeks have about a 40% chance of survival...higher if they're able to give steroids before the birth. That's versus only a 17% chance at 23 weeks. Then it jumps to 80% at 26 weeks! These next few weeks are BIG growth weeks for our little ones.

My mom had an incompetent cervix, and she wasn't able to carry most of her babies to term. I was born at 28 weeks, my sister was born at 29 weeks, and unfortunately my mom lost a baby at 20 weeks. My youngest sister actually went past her due date, but that was with a cerclage, bed rest for the entire pregnancy, and medications to prevent labor. She was a whopping 9lbs4oz! In contrast, I was 3lbs2oz, and my other sister was 3lbs3oz.

So I tend to know a lot about preemies. I hope I don't have to apply that knowledge to my own babies!

I read that baby has a 30% chance of survival if born at 24 weeks? Maybe I am wrong. But most importantly it's the stage at which the hospital will 100%?start to try and save baby if he or she is born. So it's a big land mark! Roll on Thursday xx

Anyone else feeling bored? I am thinking this pregnancy went really fast and is now slowing down...wishing I could fast forward 10 weeks...

Heading home tomorrow after a week in the England. It's been nice, give or take a few inlaw stresses. Have eaten lots, seen some really dear friends and family and gave my kids their first (early) Guy Fawkes night since we don't get it in France. They LOVED the bonfire and fireworks and my eldest felt so excited to have a sparkler (while I worried and cringed!).

Cant wait to lay in my own bed though!! :)

Yes! Me too!! There was so much build-up to the gender/anomoly scan that time seemed to fly by. Now that the next big event is birth, it seems time has screeched to a halt!

My youngest DD turns 3 next week, so at least I have that to plan for! I can't believe she's 3. It makes me tear up, since she's been my "baby" this long, and it's amazing that she's already getting to be a big kid! I feel awful because I yell at my girls WAY too much. I'm pretty irritable in the evenings, when the fatigue and pains are the worst, and I don't show them nearly enough patience :( I guess that's something I could do between now and the new baby arriving! I vow to try to be more patient and calm by the time baby comes.

What is everyone else doing to speed up the next few weeks?

I agree that time seems to have slowed to a crawl now...viability is exciting, but I'm ready to get closer to the end!

Sheesh, the babies are kicking so high up that it feels like they're in my chest cavity. Way under my ribs up by my bra strap...how is that possible? I know it's not my imagination, because I can feel from the outside and even see it! I wonder if sitting kind of hunched over pushes my uterus up so they can get their little feet in there. Weird.

Am so glad we have christmas to fill the time too.

Oh yes, I want to really try and have some quality time with my boys. I was grouchy and useless when the morning sickness was bad but I think I am doing ok now, though i still wish i ad more energy to run and play. Havent moved beyond a walk in months!
I just keep welling up emotionally and loving them soooooo much..they probably wish I would stop squeezing and hugging them and just play!

Wow dragon they are high! My lady is still low, only twice have I felt her past belly button.

yes I think at 24 weeks hospital will intervene, whereas before they wouldnt support baby to breathe, I think??

Almost at 24weeks ladies :)

Ohhh, that's the difference. That makes sense! So basically, our Doctor's chart now says "viable"!! That's pretty cool :)

HAPPY V-DAY EVERYONE!!

I can't believe we're here already!! Let the countdown begin!!

yaaaaay v day! so excited!! i stretchd bakwards in bed this morning so my tummy was more taught and it was so odd i could feel exactly where baby was laying.

and ticker says we have califlowers! amazing.

swimming today with my son as it is school holidays. i dont have a maternity suit so am just hoping i can keep everything contained in my pre prggo bikini...eek!
have a happy v day all xx

Hey all,

I've been out of town for the past couple of days field delivering a training course. It was nice to get out of the office. I had to leave early yesterday as my mom called with news that my grandpa had finally passed away. He was suffering from stage 4 cancer through his body. In the end it was actually a mild heart attack that took him as he slept. At least he didn't feel any pain. Even though this is sad it means that my parent's plans to come stay with us for Thanksgiving are back on track... and they are bringing my grandma with them! I'm pretty excited about that.

It seemed (ironic isn't quite the right word) right that my grandpa should pass away on the day that doctors consider my little girl viable. There is an odd symmetry to the situation that I can appreciate. It was as if the old was giving way to make room for the new. I am sorry that he will never get to meet his first great-granddaughter though.

And yes, everything seems to be slowing down now. I guess our next big milestone will be the third trimester mark! I am still waiting to be able to see individual body parts of my girl poking through. We discovered that she freaks out if I lay on my back and won't stop moving until I roll onto a side. It is quite amusing to watch. We have also firmly decided on a name: Teagen Rae Garey (Last Name) in honor of my grandpa and my maiden name.

Kellen---so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. :( I think it is wonderful how you are honoring him through your daughter's name. BEAUTIFUL!

I'm sorry about your grandfather, Kellen :hugs: That's a lovely name!

Happy V-day everyone :)

Had a measurement scan yesterday, and both babies are measuring 1lb6oz and doing great! I'm so glad that they're staying the same size so far. It means things are working they way they should :D

The doctor wants me to start coming in for non-stress tests starting next week. I think that's a bit excessive...everything I can find says that twins normally start NSTs around week 32 unless there's a problem. Everything has gone fine with us so far, so I don't know why she's being so hypervigilant. I didn't get a chance to ask her any questions, she rushed me out because she had a patient in labor that she had to get to. I will ask her next week...DH is upset and thinks that they're just trying to get more money out of us. It's already very expensive having ultrasounds every 2 weeks...I can't even imagine how much a weekly NST will add to that! Plus, I'm running out of paid time off that I can take from work. The doctor's office doesn't have evening hours, so I always have to take off :(

oh kellen, sorry about your sad news. it does seem fitting to pass on v day. life has a funny way of working out sometimes. it really is such a continuous circle..

i love her name. we were considering the same first name but with a different spelling. how funny! but we are still on a short list of about 3 or 4. i thought we had settled on one but now i am not so sure..

dragon, i hear you about the expense of having a baby! in switzerland they ar super vigilant and so expensive...and i only have one baby growing! and my eldest son has been sick a lot and is always visiting various doctors, so pricey! he had a CT Scan a few months ago which came to over 1000 swiss francs. i think thats about the same in dollars. ..for a scan that took minutes! luckily it gave us the results we wanted but still...we have insurance which repays us 80 percent but it is expensive finding the money to pay the bills up front. i swear i get more bills for my pregnancy than doctors visits...everything is billed, every little thing..pah. ah well, i shouldnt moan, it is a great service and keeps us all well.

just found out a close friend just got her bfp. so so happy!

Dragon - Sorry to hear that the babies are so expensive, but at least you know they are healthy. I have to agree with you though that it seems like your doctor is going a bit over the top since you aren't experiencing any major complications. Bummer about the no more time off either. I'm thankful that I have a flexible work schedule that allows me to make up hours later in the week. I know I'll be using some of my sick time at the end when I have weekly appointments and won't want to pull 10 hour days.

Helena - That is amusing. We were going to go with the traditional spelling of "Teagan" but DH really wants her name to be unique so he proposed we do an "EN" instead of "AN." It works for me!

Now I'm off to two back to back meetings. Oh, boy! At least they are off my work campus and I get to go home right after and avoid traffic.

Kellen, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather passing :hugs: I love the name you've picked for your daughter, though, and I think it's a wonderful way to honor him!

DragonflyWing and Helena, I hear you on the expenses! Insurance is already SO expensive, and then I just got a letter that they DENIED an ultrasound and a blood draw. I have to call today to figure out why. Argh... I think they figure if they make you jump through enough hoops, a percentage of people will just pay it instead of pestering the insurance company until they do. I'm going to pester away, though, because we can't afford to pay all of this out of pocket!

Helena, how was swimming? You're much braver than I Am wearing a bikini! I'm having an especially yucky body day, where I'm feeling so frumpy. I wonder what I could do to snap out of it? My DH says, "you could gain 100 pounds and I wouldn't mind, I'd just think: 'what a big, healthy boy in there!'" Sweet of him to say, but the baby isn't in my butt or arms :dohh:

Jo, you've been so quiet! How are things with you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->