Valentines Babies, 2013!

Hey everyone I'm due on the 18th feb but will be having a c section some point at week 39 :) we're having a pink bundle!

Heya Miley :D Grats on team pink!! Seems like February definitely belongs to team pink!

My DDs are finally asleep, and I'm sitting down to send some pics to grandma from DD's b-day today. It was a great day! She seemed to really enjoy it :) I made a cake with Dora on it, who she is obsessed with. We also carved pumpkins! Well, I carved them while the kids ran around high on sugar :dohh: I'm exhausted, and simply can't believe it's been 3 years since she was born. Here I am starting it all again! I can't wait to get to know the little person who is going to join our family in a few months, since getting to know my DDs has been life's greatest joy.

Sorry, feeling hormonally sappy tonight! Here's a pic of our pumpkins! (I later carved the baby's pumpkin, and I'll include it tomorrow :haha:)

Attachments

• IMG_9752.jpg
    IMG_9752.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 8
Wow!!! Those pumpkins are amazing!!

The most I've ever done (and that was once) is put 2 holes for eyes and a bigger hole for a mouth! I foud it so hard to cut through!

Miley - welcome! Another :pink:! Wow! Congrats :D

Hi Miley! I am due 14 th feb with my pink bundle but think I am scheduled for a c section at 38weeks +1 day, 1st feb. just waiting for confirmation from the hospital. Its so exciting!
Love the pumpkins wamommy, great! And glad your baby had a great birthday :)

Anyone else finding their bump is just getting in the way now? And a bit uncomfy? I just feel like my tummy is absolutely stuffed all the time I try and do any cleaning, bend down, put my kids shoes on, carry shopping etc etc. even sitting down my tummy just feels so full. Like a huge rock is in there. Maybe baby has had a growth spurt.?.that would fit with last months massive 8.8 lb weight gain...(4kilo) Am really feeling like its getting in the way when sitting or bending. So uncomfortable. And impractical!
Just hoovered and mopped and now just feel so heavy and bloated. If I stand for any period of time my belly feels so heavy, like it needs support. Like a massive bra or something!? Lol. Wow, how will I cope in tri 3?!

https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_C4807D86.jpg. Sorry it's sideways...can't adjust on the iPad..and logging onto PC seems just too much like hard work post mop!

Just out of curiosity I looked back a my bump with DS1 and I think this little lady is definitely up higher. Though I feel her low. This was my son at 24 weeks https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_16333860.jpg

Hey all sorry for been awol again!! Everything going ok with baby at moment got flu jab on Thursday and I will be having the whooping cough one later too. Now 24wks and baby is moving constantly lol got physio nxt week fir my hip as it is playing up. Got a growth scan on 23rd Nov

Hope everyone is ok

helena---YES! definitely in the way now. . .I grunt and groan just putting on my work socks in the morning! :) And I can't stand long without the bottom of my belly aching---and my. . .ahem. . .lady parts aching. . .:blush:

Welcome Miley!! :flower:

Bummers. . .I had an appointment this morning with my midwife (just a checkup) and it got canceled because she was delivering a baby. I'm happy for whoever is having a baby right now, but sad I won't get to hear my little boy's heartbeat today. :( They rescheduled it for tomorrow. . .

Definitely looks higher this time, helena! And yes, the bump is definitely getting in the way now! Last night I went to my favorite pizza parlor, and I could just barely fit in the booth lol...my belly was pressed against the table, and it was rather uncomfortable. And my bump will probably double or triple in size by the end! I can't even imagine :wacko:

Hello Miley- congrats on team pink :)

I don't know what's going on with me, but I've been violently sick several times over the past few days. I don't feel nauseated, but after I eat, my gag reflex is supercharged. All it takes is one yucky smell, or even the *thought* of something gross, and GAG- I have to sprint to the bathroom. Last night it was so bad that I almost didn't make it to the bathroom, and I had to throw myself down in front of the toilet, really hurt my knees! It's so different from morning sickness...with that, I felt nauseous all the time, but I didn't throw up very often. When I did, it was just a little bit, and I immediately felt better. These episodes feel like I'm turning inside out and I vomit until there's nothing left. I don't even feel better afterward, just shaky and sick. It's terrible! :(

Oh dragonfly, that soudns awful! Hoping it's just that a baby is sitting in the wrong place or squashing something tha can be unsquashed when he or she moves!...

It is almost funny getting wedged in places already isn't it. I had that in my inlaws spare room the other week. If the door was open iwould get stuck between it and the bed. Good job I won't be there again before baby is here - how I Would cope in 3 months I have no idea! Lol .

Enjoy the appointment tomorrow Sierra, shame today was cancelled :(

Helena, your bump looks beautiful! It does look higher this time :D

Sierra, sorry your appointment got cancelled, but I'm glad they could reschedule for so soon! I have an appointment tomorrow too, so we'll have to compare notes!

Dragonfly, that sounds like NO FUN. I sometimes get nausea like that right after I eat a lot, especially if I took my prenatals, but it passes in 5 minutes or so with no vomiting. What your describe sounds so hard :( I hope it's a passing phase, or like Helena said, the babies are just squishing something they shouldn't be squishing!

As for my tummy getting in they way, it finally is! I went to a chili cook-off the other night that was pretty crowded, and must have belly-bumped 10 people on accident. I can't imagine how big I'll be at the end!

Sleeping bubs, glad to here all is well with you and baby!

Definitely looks higher this time, helena! And yes, the bump is definitely getting in the way now! Last night I went to my favorite pizza parlor, and I could just barely fit in the booth lol...my belly was pressed against the table, and it was rather uncomfortable. And my bump will probably double or triple in size by the end! I can't even imagine :wacko:

Hello Miley- congrats on team pink :)

I don't know what's going on with me, but I've been violently sick several times over the past few days. I don't feel nauseated, but after I eat, my gag reflex is supercharged. All it takes is one yucky smell, or even the *thought* of something gross, and GAG- I have to sprint to the bathroom. Last night it was so bad that I almost didn't make it to the bathroom, and I had to throw myself down in front of the toilet, really hurt my knees! It's so different from morning sickness...with that, I felt nauseous all the time, but I didn't throw up very often. When I did, it was just a little bit, and I immediately felt better. These episodes feel like I'm turning inside out and I vomit until there's nothing left. I don't even feel better afterward, just shaky and sick. It's terrible! :(

Dragon--I had that exact thing happen to me last weekend! TMI, but I was vomiting so violently that I wet myself! :blush: DH was in the other room and kept asking me if I was okay because I just couldn't STOP vomiting---until I was completely empty! And it was FAST! Like you, I had to run to the toilet. Thankfully, it only happened last weekend---I'm sorry you are experiencing it several times! I thought mine was related to acid reflux because I had quite a bit of it that night. . . ? I hope it stops soon for you!!

Thanks! I hope it stops too...it started on Friday, and I haven't felt quite right since then. I'm wondering if I have a stomach bug or something. I'm trying to eat bland, simple foods today like toast and rice, and drink lots of water and juice. Eating normally has NOT been working out well, as evidenced by the pizza debacle last night ;) Hopefully a day or two of babying my stomach will get rid of it.

Sorry to hear about the violent vomiting. Oh how glamorous pregnancy has turned out to be...

I just texted DH a minute ago because our LO is having hiccups so violent that she is causing my belly to bounce into the edge of my desk. It is hilarious. Thankfully my cube-mate's wife has been pregnant twice so he isn't freaked out by the really random things that I saw or do.

Sorry to hear about the violent vomiting. Oh how glamorous pregnancy has turned out to be...

I just texted DH a minute ago because our LO is having hiccups so violent that she is causing my belly to bounce into the edge of my desk. It is hilarious. Thankfully my cube-mate's wife has been pregnant twice so he isn't freaked out by the really random things that I saw or do.

That's sooo cute!!! :)

I'm so angry! :growlmad: I think I mentioned here before that the old owners of our house covered up a lot of mold growth in the basement. We tried to get them to pay for it, but long story short, they are in another country and there is nothing we can do to get them to pay. So, we are paying for this HUGE bill to basically gut our entire finished basement in order to get rid of all of the mold. It's a specialty company that is doing this---it's an environmental company with great reviews. They started on Monday---basically they creative this tunnel of plastic that keeps the house clean in the area where they are bringing out all of the walls and such (because they have to take the walls from the basement downstairs and bring them upstairs and out the front door)---so that is all protected. Meanwhile, they turn the heat off during the day so the mold spores and drywall dust, etc, doesn't come through the heating ducts into the rest of the house. This way, it is perfectly safe for us to live there while they are doing it (and we can turn the heat back on when we return from work in the evenings). It's all been going so well until we got back from work yesterday---apparently the crew was left there to take care of everything without the supervisor. . .and from what it looks like, they did NOT turn off the heat---because there is thick dust over EVERYTHING. I just want to cry. . .seriously, it is thick white dust all over my floors, my dining room table, the baby's newly painted nursery :cry: , our bedroom, kitchen counters, etc. There isn't anything that hasn't been touched by this dust---and I'm assuming since it came from their work in the basement that it also has mold spores in it. We called the company last night but no one answered nor returned our call. They are working again this morning, but DH & I both had to go to work. . .we left them a message early this morning, but still no call. DH is in a meeting, so he's going to call or visit the house after his meeting to try to get it taken care of. . . but seriously. . . I'm a mess. . .this is my HOME. . .we were trying to get the environmental people to clean up the basement so I wouldn't be exposed to the mold---but now it's EVERYWHERE in my house! :( I don't even know if it's safe for me to be there anymore. . .and our poor kitty is walking all in it on the floor and everything. . . I don't even know what can be done to fix it---I'm assuming a professional cleaning company and then a professional furniture cleaning company to clean all of the cloth couches and stuff. . . We're going to try to make them pay for it---- but this shouldn't be happening! :( :growlmad: :nope:

That's terrible! I would be SO mad too!! I really hope they pay to clean up their mess...I'm sorry you have to deal with this. :hugs:

Went for my first non-stress test this morning. It went fine, took about 30 minutes. Both babies passed, and were dancing around the whole time. The nurse was holding the monitors in place so she wouldn't lose the heartbeats, and I could see her whole arm jumping because they were kicking the monitors! :haha:

I talked to the doctor about why she thinks I need to go for NSTs weekly starting so early, and told her how it's hard for me to take so much time off from work...but no dice. She thinks the weekly tests are necessary, and wouldn't budge. Hmph. So now I have to take about 6 hours off from work in every pay period...and I only accumulate 7 hours in that amount of time. I'm barely going to be keeping up, and if something happens where I have to take more time, I'm not going to have it.

She also said that starting at 28-30 weeks, I'll have to go twice weekly. :wacko: I don't know how I'm going to make this work.

That's terrible! I would be SO mad too!! I really hope they pay to clean up their mess...I'm sorry you have to deal with this. :hugs:

Went for my first non-stress test this morning. It went fine, took about 30 minutes. Both babies passed, and were dancing around the whole time. The nurse was holding the monitors in place so she wouldn't lose the heartbeats, and I could see her whole arm jumping because they were kicking the monitors! :haha:

I talked to the doctor about why she thinks I need to go for NSTs weekly starting so early, and told her how it's hard for me to take so much time off from work...but no dice. She thinks the weekly tests are necessary, and wouldn't budge. Hmph. So now I have to take about 6 hours off from work in every pay period...and I only accumulate 7 hours in that amount of time. I'm barely going to be keeping up, and if something happens where I have to take more time, I'm not going to have it.

She also said that starting at 28-30 weeks, I'll have to go twice weekly. :wacko: I don't know how I'm going to make this work.

Thanks Dragon---wow, that does seem really excessive. Is there any chance you can do it after work hours?

Soooo cute that the babies were moving so much! :)

Unfortunately, no. I could get the NSTs done after work, but I have to see the doctor afterward, and she leaves at 4:30. That means the latest NST appointment I can make is 3pm :(. I'm going to try making them as early in the morning as possible...if I can do it at 8am, I can get back to work by 10 and only miss an hour. But every other week I have to have an ultrasound, too, so that adds at least an hour on if they can schedule them right after each other.

Wow. . .that's just so crazy. . . :( But those two little cuties are SO worth it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->