Valentines Babies, 2013!

I feel reassured as well that I'm not the only one who gained a whole bunch of weight recently. I have been freaking out (in my head) about having gained too much. Having gained 20lb all total means I should technically only gain 10lbs more... and there are 15 weeks to go. We'll see next week if my midwife is concerned. The last time I thought I had gained too much and they told me not to worry and just eat healthy. It helps that our state tax refund finally came in today... yes, the refund from April. I love government bureaucracy.

I spoke with my HR person yesterday about FLMA, pay and all that lovely stuff. Which leads me to ponder: Dragon - how long have you worked for your company? If it is over a year they are required by federal law to grant you non-paid time off for any doctors appointments during your pregnancy without fear of losing you job. Thankfully my year with my organization is two weeks before my due date. My HR person explained that if I had been here for a year they would have to be taking time off from my 12 weeks of leave every time I go see the midwife whether or not I make up the time later.

I've been with the company for 3 years, so I do qualify for FMLA- but I don't want to use any of the time until after the babies are born, if possible. The chance of me losing my job over the doctor's appointments is low...so far my manager has been very understanding and accomodating. I just worry because I have a lot of responsibility, and I don't want my clients to start complaining that they can't reach me when I'm out of the office so much...and I don't want my managers to think I'm slacking off or trying to take more time than necessary. I know that's silly, because the doctor's appointments are necessary, but that's just the feeling I get. My bigger worry is all the medical bills that are rolling in. I'm already up to over $2000 and I don't even know how much the NSTs will cost :wacko:

I just found out that my insurance will pay for a breast pump, too. They'll pay 100% for me to either rent a hospital grade pump, or buy a commercial double electric pump outright. Yay! :happydance:

Sierra and wamommy- I had no idea that you both battled cancer so young! Your stories are inspiring :flower:

Girls, definately go for a hospital grade pump i say. Having spent the best part of 6 weeks having to pump for my first it was so brilliant having the best of the best! Really made such a difference and pumping is hard enough as it is without getting something that could do better...

Girls, definately go for a hospital grade pump i say. Having spent the best part of 6 weeks having to pump for my first it was so brilliant having the best of the best! Really made such a difference and pumping is hard enough as it is without getting something that could do better...

That's what I have heard----thankfully, that is the type of pump my insurance covers---they won't cover anything other than that. I'm very thankful!

Ohh, the breast pump... I was unable to breastfeed my girls due to low supply (only 1-2 ounces a day!) and I tried everything. It was truly crushing for me, since I so badly wanted to breastfeed. After trying for a few weeks, with pumping every two hours at times (even night time) I gave up and went to formula. Honestly, I was a ton happier after making the switch, since I didn't have to be reminded of my failings every time they were hungry! I'm HOPING this time a miracle happens and I have success with this. I'll still be renting the hospital-grade pump and giving it a go.

Helena, that's a tough call about the inlaws! I agree that you should just tell them which dates they're invited. Hopefully they can understand. After all, this is your special time with your LO, that you only get once. You should get to have the experience YOU want. :D

I'm also relieved to hear about everyone's weight gain! I don't see it in my bum or legs yet, but my tummy shows a ton of gain. The problem is, it isn't just all out in front in a nice neat bump. I'm getting wider too! My waist is gigantic from the front. I'm just hoping the love-handle look goes away after baby. I keep telling myself it's just "stuff" being displaced by baby. ya right, it's fat...lol THat didn't stop me from gobbling up a TON of my kids' Halloween candy last night! YUM

Happy today, my 4 year old came up with a name we love for baby. Could this one be it we wonder?! I love that he came up with it all n his own. Keeping it under wraps for now, sorry xx

That would be amazing to use a name that your son chose!! I completely understand keeping it under wraps, but I'm so happy for you guys if this is indeed IT. :D

My 4-year-old is not so helpful. The only name idea she has, and she's very insistent, is that we name HIM Sally :dohh:

Lol wamommy! My sister wanted to call my brother shla shla annabel when he was born! My daughter chose the Rose in Florence's middle name :)

Helena so cute that your 4yr old has chosen a name, I havee been asking my 7yr old for a name and most of them are from his cartoons!! Thought he had come up with some thing when he suggested Alexandra.....only to realise its from Peppa Pig!!!

He is now on Tracy and I am yet to discover where its coming from..

Wamommy calling the combination of Sally and him ... pure innocence!! Kidz you gotta love them.

Turns out the name he has chon is from one of his favorite Dismey films! But it's nice, and I didn't realize, though DH worked it out right away. Wish I could say!.....

Just spotted I am a cauliflower for a second week. Urgh. Hope it's got some cheese sauce on! Any Brits off to fireworks this eve? We have a British shop a few villages away (rediculously expensive, but sometimes you just neeeeeeeeed a crumpet or some scampi!) and they are putting on a bonfire and fireworks display so we will go there.
Enjoy all! X

Wow didn't wamammy and seria I too had cancer non-hodgkins lymphoma but when I was 7 so been having heart scans every 5yrs since coz of the chemo due another scan nxt year so far so good bump is getting bigger can't put my shoes very well now lol I have put a Stone on bout 14lb I think lol heartburn and acid reflux is becoming a nightmare feel sick constantly

Glad to see a fair few of us are gaining the same amount of weight :)
I haven't any indigestion so am lucky but have been suffering upset tummy nearly every day for a week, mostly in the morning. My tummy gurgled the other day and it wasn't in the right place - I felt the gurgle on the right side of my waist! Urgh. I guess everything is squished up now!....third tri definitely looming!

Oh gosh, third tri!! I don't have much nausea or indigestion yet, but I feel like an old lady already! When I get up from sitting too long or from sleeping I have to hobble around until my body isn't so stiff. I look like a penguin!

I have that exact problem! If I've been sat down I get up whilst making a loud noise and groaning sounds then wobble and waddle. It's awful! :haha:

But if I'm doing too much walking or moving around then my pelvis feels like it's snapped in two!

I have yet to find the perfect amount of movement per day :rofl:

My upset tummy continues. Mostly it's just a feeling of being upset, like it's bloated and full. And I have only felt baby move once today. It's 11.20 now and I am starting to feel a bit anxious. She was quite yesterday too.... I think she has moved, so maybe she is hidden being the placenta again (I read this can happen as baby moves up and my placenta is at the front) ....which I guess would account for my feeling of indigestion / being full....but am a little concerned.
I would eat some chcolate and try and get her wiggly but. Noticed las night I have definitely gained weight on my legs...talk about thunder thighs! Even my lower legs look chunkier..all new for me.

Ah forget it, will try and eat sme sugar and see if I can feel her...would hate to ignre something bad happening for fear of getting fat....

Aren't we meant to be worrying less now???!

Wamommy u made me laugh likening yourself to a a penguin......Was thinking of the same before my shower when I was looking at my protruding to the front and my bum doing the same to the back and sideways!!

Jo I hear you on the wobble and wabble.I have been to physio for pelvic pain and they recommended some breathing in and muscle tensing before you stand up.....Gosh pelvic pain is a real pain

'For fear of shock' I havent weighed my self since the booking scan.... but I may this afternoon

Helena just go for the chocolate if it makes LO moves and calms the worries. Hope it does the trick!

:shrug::shrug: fruit Tickerrrrrrr !!! Second week of being an eggplant:dohh:

Good Monday All,

The past two nights have I have had weird "labor dreams." Is anyone else beginning to experience these? Tomorrow I go in for my glucose test so that should be interesting. My boss is finally back from maternity leave so now I get to update her on all the work I've been doing while she was gone so she can do it while I go out on leave in February.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->