Valentines Babies, 2013!

I just want a relaxing week! :)

Relax? What is that? :rofl: I can't believe it is only Tuesday. I just want to crawl back into bed and :sleep:

Good luck with the move in! I hope that everything goes well and that you are able to get your desk.

I just want a relaxing week! :)

Relax? What is that? :rofl: I can't believe it is only Tuesday. I just want to crawl back into bed and :sleep:

Good luck with the move in! I hope that everything goes well and that you are able to get your desk.

Haha true! Poor pregnent women need their rest, though! haha. And the thing is--it doesn't slow down after baby! :)

Thanks---I'm SUPER excited about my desk. I've been looking for months for the perfect one since I'll be working from home---it has to be big enough to spread all of my paperwork across plus hold 3 computer monitors (yes, I use three!), but it needs to match our decor and fit in our den! I FINALLY found a used desk in GREAT condition, for a fraction of the cost this desk is valued at! :happydance:

Congrats on surviving the elections to our American ladies. All my American friends on fb seem happy today so hoping it was the right result for you guys too.

Double digits!!!!

I have earbuds that I use to listen to stuff on my work computer with. Well, I've tucked them in the waist band of my pants and now my LO is dancing around to Frank Sinatra. I made a couple of Pandora stations of music that we typically listen to around the house. My mom said one of the only ways to calm me down as an infant was to play the same music that I had been exposed to in the womb. I figured I would start the exposure now (since I'm boring and listen to traffic and talk radio in the car) so that we will have some familiar tunes to play when the time comes.

Baby is super active with the music. I read this morning that at 26 weeks our LO's hearing is 100% developed and they will move rhythmically if music is played. So far that seems to be holding true.

For those of you with prior kids... did you ever expose them to music and did it help after they were born?

Thanks, Helena! Elections are always exciting, and I am pleased with both national and my state's elections. Unfortunately it was close enough that I think half of our country isn't too happy today! Our state legalized gay marriage (finally! :D) and marijuana...lol. Seattle has long been known as a hippie coffee town, so I don't think many are surprised. I feel lucky to live here today.

Kellen, I never played a ton of music with either of my girls, but they still love music. The kind they like varies, but my youngest LOVED irish music... the fast kind that gets you up and dancing. I wish I had played them more music. Maybe I'll start with this one!

Congrats on the desk, Sierra! It can be tough to find the "perfect" thing, and I'm glad you did!

Honestly I'm disappointed with the results of the election :( But I'm glad to hear that other people are pleased. I hope it turns out that their choice was the right one!

Kellen, it's so funny that you posted that today! I had a bright idea this morning- I set my phone to play some classical music, then tucked it into the waistband of my maternity jeans :haha: I thought it might make the babies dance, but it seemed to put them to sleep instead lol. I hope it works the same when they're here!

Honestly I'm disappointed with the results of the election :( But I'm glad to hear that other people are pleased. I hope it turns out that their choice was the right one!

I'm sorry! :( I shouldn't have mentioned my political views, since this isn't really the venue. I think we can all agree that we're glad it's over, though :D

I didn't play music to my little ones.i did sing excessively from time to time in the car while pregnant and they both ask me to stop when I do it now...maybe that upset them!? Lol xx

Ooh this week we are cabbages! Cool.

I'm sorry! :( I shouldn't have mentioned my political views, since this isn't really the venue. I think we can all agree that we're glad it's over, though :D

Definitely glad it's over! Although I'm still getting those automated political phone calls :dohh:

Happy 26 weeks ladies! :flower: Our babies now have an 80% chance if they had to be born right now. (I check the odds every week because with twins, I'm paranoid about preterm labor!)

80% already?? That's amazing!! I"ll sleep a bit better for sure, and certainly with twins I'll bet each week is a milestone!

We're still stuck on a name. Nothing seems to fit quite right. Less than 14 weeks to go, we better figure it out!

We are stuck on a name too :( we jus can't seem to find anything that we both like! I'm actually considering calling her baby, just because currently, that is the best option!

Aww guys---I'm so sorry it's so hard finding a name! That's rough. Have you tried other country names? For instance, my DH and I found a boy's name from googling "Welsh baby boy names".

We're still not sure on the middle name for our little guy. . . it's either between a family name and a Scottish middle name. The Scottish name we both love, but we feel that it is so unusual that our child will have to explain it to any of his friends that ask. Do you think that is a big deal? We like the meaning of the middle name. . .and it's a cute name, but unusual. . .

I don't think a more unusual middle name is a problem, it's a chance to be more creative IMO :thumbup:

^^ I agree! No one would probably know his middle name unless he told them, anyhow, and it might make a great conversation starter :D

Hope I can join you ladies, I am due 8th Feb and it´s a girl.

Hi claire! Welcome, the more the merrier!

I had my glucose test this morning. What a pain that was...took me 1.5 hours to get to the silly place they sent me to for it, involving travel by car, tram and bus. And me running to catch the wrong bus at one point (haven't ran in soooooo long!), a tram driver driving off just as I was buying my ticket from the machine a the tram stop, and me hence being 15 minutes late for the appointment...grrrrr.

Drink wasn't so bad. Hanging around 2 hours not so bad as I had a book. But on the return journey I had a weird dizzy moment and thought I was going to pass out. I had only eaten toast, about 5 hours previously, so maybe it was that, or maybe it was the suga come down from the glucose, a reaction to the three viles of blood taken or maybe some sort of panic attack (have felt stressy lately, like high blood pressure) but after getting off a bus I suddenly felt all hot, sweaty and wobbly. No where to sit down, so went straight into a shop, bought coke, biscuits and Doritos and sat on my next tram like a big huge pregnant lady stuffing my face with junk food! (DH laughed and said he wished e could have seen that moment!..). Made me feel much less wobbly. Was a bit scarey, like just too close to fainting for my liking.
So i suggest you take some snacks with you if you have your test coming up ladies, just incase of wobbles after the appointment!

I so feel all your stresses about names Jo. We had the same until my son came up with a gem. I think it is Italian in origin, if it was spelt differently, so maybe you could look into ther nationalities?...

Xx

Welcome Claire!

Helena, that is so scary! I would have done the same---so don't worry about the junk food! ;) Glad you seem better now.

sounds like a bit of a journey for the GTT then Helena! Glad you didn't actually faint!

Good tip, I'll take something with me to have after if I'm feeling dizzy or light headed.

I have decided that with names I was discounting some of my favourites because some people I know on BnB have used them. Now I need to be realistic about this. Two of my friends from other threads have used one of our favourite names and it is very popular - probably one of the all time top 20s or something. I was counting this name and all other names in a similar circumstance out. But I need to question, how much does it matter? I love these ladies, but we don't see each other in real life, so is it a big deal?

This has also made me question other names that I've known friends of friends to use in recent times and I just think, if we don't see these people or hang around with them, does it really matter if we use the same name? Usually I would say yes, but I am wondering if it's that big a deal now :shrug:

Something else to think about in the naming saga that never ends :haha:

Hello and welcome Claire :)

I found this site with some cool quirky names check it out https://www.momswhothink.com/baby-names/unique-baby-names.html

Jo, I wouldn't think it matters that much---especially for the people on BnB who you never see in real life. I would go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->