Valentines Babies, 2013!

I haven't had labor dreams, per say---but I've had dreams about miscarrying ( :( ) and dreams about him as a baby---I had a dream the other day that he had dark hair, dark eyes, etc---when DH and I are VERY pale skinned and light haired (DH is a red head, and I am a light brown/auburn) and we both have blue eyes! :)

Let us know how the glucose test goes! I think you're the first of us to go through it!

Still only two faint movements all day. Even the chocolate didn't help. A nice tho! Trying to not worry. Belly still aching like indigestion and like I just ate a whole cow. Urgh.

I have my glucose tolerance test next Monday. 25 week check up tomorrow.

Helena, I've had moment where I worry about not feeling her for a while but then when I am led quietly in bed, she always gives me a good old nudge. I have an anterior placenta so the movements I've felt have been limited and a lot later than perhaps they would have been if the placenta wasn't in a silly place.

Dave still hasn't felt her :(

Every Sunday morning before church I grab our What to Expect book off the headboard of our bed and read about the up coming week. Well, for week 26 DH learned that if he were to shine a flashlight into my belly Teagen's eyes are beginning to open and she might startle. So he took of advantage of this and almost fell out of bed laughing as the baby would jerk away from the intrusive light. After this he tried to see if he could hear her heartbeat and got kicked in the ear for his troubles.

Jo were right - As my two year old had a nap I thought I would lay down too and got three nice pokes from baby :) happier now.

Haha, Kellen, that's too funny! I'll need to try that with the flashlight!

I've been having labor dreams quite often...in fact, I woke up from one convinced that I was having contractions because there was pain...and then I realized I just had to pee REALLY bad :haha:

The babies have gotten so much stronger over the past week! I can feel them moving practically all the time, and I can look down and actually watch them kick. Yesterday morning before we got up for the day, DH thought I was still asleep. He rolled over and put his hand on my belly, and little boy started kicking right in that spot :D it was really sweet. That was the first time he felt them without me grabbing his hand to feel. There's still a big section of my belly where I never feel them, and I assume that's where the placentas are...but I feel them a lot at the very top and bottom of my belly.

On a less positive note, I realized this weekend that I've developed varicose veins right where my thigh meets my groin on both sides...it's so uncomfortable and it's making it hard to sit or stand for any length of time. I ordered a babybellybands support belt that has extra bands that support that area. Apparently it's a common thing to get varicose veins down there in pregnancy. Very annoying.

Kellen, I told my hubby that about the flash light and he thought I was making it up! :haha:

Yay for feeling her Helena :cloud9: Mine seems to like being rocked about and when I'm rushing around or poking her or anything, she's still. The second I just chill out and close my eyes, it's like oi mummy, you stopped moving!

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come! :haha:

Helena, I'm so glad she gave you some reassuring bumps :D She must be having a growth spurt, and took a day to rest.

I haven't had any labor dreams lately, but I am starting to think about it more and more! I'm a bit nervous, but excited too! I can't wait to see him! DH is half Japanese, with very dark hair and hazel eyes. I have light brown hair and brown eyes, but was super blonde as a child. Somehow my 2 DDs are blonde, and one has blue eyes! DH is convinced this one will look more like him, but we'll see. I like to tease him that I must have the stronger genes :haha:

My glucose test isn't until the end of the month, when I'll we around 28 weeks. That seems awfully late? Hopefully we all get good news!

It's my glucose test on Friday. To make things worse my doctors surgery don't do it themselves so I have to drive into the city for an 8.30 appointment...hate driving to places i don't know in town let alone in rush hour!..good job it's not a blood pressure test!
Wamommy I read it can be done upto 28 weeks so I am sure it's fine xx

Oh, good! No fun driving in rush hour :( I am an anxious driver, so when the roads are too crowded I get really nervous.

I miss Northern California and a lack of rush hour traffic, but I am very glad to be in a more progressive city with excellent doctors and a job I love.

I've read that glucose tests are typically done between 24-28 weeks. I guess I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle.

DH is taking me to the polls after our appointment so we can vote. What a romantic way to spend our day together... sugary drinks and elections!

I am pretty sure that our baby will have dark hair and green/hazel/brown eyes. Both DH and I have almost black hair. His eyes are grey/green whereas mine have a propensity for changing color depending on my mood. I would really love for our baby to have dark hair and bright blue eyes (my father has blue eyes as does my MIL). DH is predicting us a redhead (which isn't impossible since my grandma is 95 and still has a full head of bright red hair and my MIL is a red/blond). You can already see that Teagen has my nose from the profile shots of our last ultrasound.

I'll be doing my glucose test at 28 weeks. . . so, you're not alone wamommy! :)

They seem to have us on almost the same exact schedule, Sierra! Glad to know it isn't too late to do it.

Luckily I already voted by mail, Kellen, so no need to fight the poll lines! I'll just spend Tuesday on the couch watching the numbers roll in. I've always found politics interesting, but also highly annoying! I don't like all of the personal attacks, and I'm terribly sick of campaign commercials.

I've learned that how a baby looks is completely unpredictable! Both of my girls look nothing like me OR dh, really. It's fun to watch them develop, though, and see a random facial expression that HAS to be genetic, since my grandmommy passed years ago and once in a while I hear her laugh or see her face in my daughters. So cool!

My friend s short with dark hair. Her husband is tall with dark hair. They have a very fair tall girl. like really pale, really light almost white blonde. No idea whose side that came from. She jokes it was the Scandinavian mlkman of course..

My eldest looks a lot like me, the youngest like daddy so it will be fun to see what baby 3 is like!...:)

Less bloated and sore today. Baby kicking again. I think she must have moved into a painful position yesterday, not enjoyed it, and Moved back in the night?! Or maybe it was the big shift to head down position? I heard it happens any time from now.

Oooh 100 days till due day!

So the sugary drink wasn't all that bad. I went with the "Fruit Punch" flavor. We got there 30 minutes early so that half the time was taken up chatting with our midwife and watching a required movie about cord blood banking.

I gained 10lbs in 4 weeks. I feel slightly crushed. My midwife said not to worry because I didn't gain any in the first trimester. I'm also measuring at 27 instead of 26 weeks. As long as I keep craving brussels sprouts instead of candy she says I'll be good. Still it was a week bit shocking.

I have also been banned from ice skating. :( DH told on me. I enjoy zooming around and going fast. I had the midwife believing I would skate sedately near the wall.

Well, I'm off to answer about 80 ridiculous emails. Apparently people only respond when I send out deadlines. I would rather be busy that sit here and be bored. Actually, I would rather be home taking a nap, but that isn't going to happen. Managed to get to the polls this morning. Apparently DH's address hadn't been updated since we moved last December, which meant we had to drive 15 minutes to a second polling place for him to cast his ballot... ugh.

Woohoo!! Less than 100 days makes it seem so close! I better get some things done :haha: I haven't put together the crib or anything. I also have to order a blue cover for our car seat, since right now it's a gorgeous hot pink and maroon :dohh: 100 days!!

Kellen, this month MUST have been a huge growth month for our babies. All of us seem to have had a larger gain this month. Perhaps it's normal and healthy :D I tell myself that, anyway, as I about cried yesterday when I had to buy new underwear because my hips are getting too wide! Perhaps I'll post a "100 days to go!" picture later, if I get the guts!

Woohoo!! Less than 100 days makes it seem so close! I better get some things done :haha: I haven't put together the crib or anything. I also have to order a blue cover for our car seat, since right now it's a gorgeous hot pink and maroon :dohh: 100 days!!

Kellen, this month MUST have been a huge growth month for our babies. All of us seem to have had a larger gain this month. Perhaps it's normal and healthy :D I tell myself that, anyway, as I about cried yesterday when I had to buy new underwear because my hips are getting too wide! Perhaps I'll post a "100 days to go!" picture later, if I get the guts!

wamommy---you too?! I was JUST telling DH that I need new underwear! I work with my sister and she commented how she could tell THROUGH my work pants that my underwear were too small. :( (I've been trying to squeeze into them for fear of losing all sense of my "sexiness") :haha: Guess I'm going to go get new underwear very soon. . . . :dohh:

I am very thankful that my underwear still fits nicely. :) It is just really my bump that has grown. DH and I have been walking a mile every other day or so so I think that has helped. I did moderate lunges and knee bends around the house yesterday. Now I am sore, but in a good way. I read somewhere that they help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and having strong thighs can ease labor.

I can't believe we are almost down to double digits! I was also told today that if I pass the glucose test that today would be the last time they needed to draw my blood. Hooray!

The insurance billing person at our OB office is also super cool. She drew up a plan for us that will allow us to start paying on the "out of pocket" costs before our deductible is used up. This will help! It means we really shouldn't have to pay too much to the hospital once the baby is born. Once we meet the deductible and out of pocket the rest is covered 100%. She is hoping that we'll have it spent almost all the way down by mid-January. It is nice to know that some people do care.

I ate Chinese for lunch. My fortune cookie said: Soon someone new coming into your life will be a best friend. It is now taped to my work monitor.

Aww Kellen---I love that! What a great fortune! And awesome about the billing lady!

We'll have to pay our deductible out-of-pocket as soon as baby is born because of the hospital charges---but the good news after that is that everything will be covered because we met the deductible!

Life sure seems CRAZY for me lately! My sister and her family are getting ready to move in this weekend, I finally found a desk that will work for my home office so we have to pick it up this week, DH seems to be going in one direction all week and I'm going in another. I just want a relaxing week! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->