Valentines Babies, 2013!

Exactly Jo, it doesn't matter really unless it's another child you ae likely to see every day and then really what doesn't still matter..
I do the same tho, discount so many names for silly reasons.DH liked the name Amber, I had to say no as I know he kissed an Amber when he was about 17.. Haha, like that really matters?! Silly me.But I still say no, as pretty as it may be. And I love the name Dorothy (Dotty) after my Nan, but my cousin already has that name..but we live in different countries and have only met twice!? So i cold se it...but it would feel odd.You ae welcome to those names xxx

Exactly Jo, it doesn't matter really unless it's another child you ae likely to see every day and then really what doesn't still matter..
I do the same tho, discount so many names for silly reasons.DH liked the name Amber, I had to say no as I know he kissed an Amber when he was about 17.. Haha, like that really matters?! Silly me.But I still say no, as pretty as it may be. And I love the name Dorothy (Dotty) after my Nan, but my cousin already has that name..but we live in different countries and have only met twice!? So i cold se it...but it would feel odd.You ae welcome to those names xxx

Oh, I wouldn't have allowed the name of someone my DH kissed, either. lol Silly, yes, but that would just be weird!

^^ me neither, I have discounted anything that can be shorted to Ali for that exact reason :rofl:

We even had a mini disagreement about the name Megan last night because I read it in a book and then hubby said Megan Fox straight away. Now I don't mind Megan Fox and I'm not that bothered that she's hot and a tiny bit of a skank, but if that's the first thing that pops into his head when discussing what could be our future daughters name, it put me off!

I think I think too much :rofl:

We attach so much to a name don't we!? I know it's because we want it to summarise the little person growing inside of us and want it to say so much about the hopes we have for them. But I have to keep trying to remind myself that they will make the name their own and make it special and have it's own meaning once they are here. I just find it really hard! But I'm sure we all do :haha:

That is why I really like the name we chose. No one on either side of our family is named Teagen or even has a name close to that. I wanted a name that she would be able to own and make her own. I was also very particular about not giving her a super girly name (which is my DH's Christie go shot down immediately). I want her resume (in the future) to be looked at for it's merits, not just because she is perceived as male or female. Given, her middle names are family names, but her first name is all her own.

Over the past two days I have been in a super foul mood and I think it was because of the GTT. I read somewhere that other people have been cranky after their tests. On Wednesday I had to stop answering emails because I noticed my replies were becoming a wee bit snarky. I was also very tired and have had trouble remembering things more than usual.

I love the name you've chosen Kellen x

I've been a bit like that lately. I think the uncomfortable-ness is setting in a bit and it just makes me have less patience really. Like I just need a rest!

Jo, I would pick the name you and DH love, regardless of who else has it :D I understand the trouble, though. One of my favorite names is now #4 nationally, so I took it off the table so that LO won't be one of 4 in his class with the same name. It's so tough, isn't it!!?

Helena, I would feel the same way about the name Amber. It may seem silly, but this is our little child on the way, and how we feel about their name (regardless of the reason) IS important! I've mentally discounted any name that I've had attachment to in the past for a boy, out of respect for DH, even if he doesn't know! I would feel guilty picking a name that secretly reminded me of a fling. Also, thanks for the warning about the GTT! I'll take a baggy of snacks. Mine isn't until the 28th :dohh:

Welcome, Claire!! Congrats on team pink! How has everything been in your pregnancy so far?

Kellen and Jo, I've been feeling the same way. I think part of it is I don't sleep as well as I used to, so I'm always a bit sleepy. I may be a nightmare in a few weeks!

I guess the positive thing about having a popular name is that they won't get picked on for being different maybe? But kids always find something don't they :shrug:

Might give up looking at names again for another week as I am even lying awake at night with names running through my head now, they all merge into a rubbishy namey blur :haha:

The thing about names is that even f it were the name of a long term ex, let alone a brief encounter, it would soon be baby's name all on their own. They would own the name and make it theirs alone. Like when you hear a friend has called their child a strange name, or something you don't like..it soon becomes a normal name, or acceptable because you get used to it. Theoretically you could call a baby banana and within a few days, weeks or months it would seem perfectly ok and you wouldn't think of yellow fruit each time...

So, banana it is then?

I think that's an amazing idea! Banana it is! And banana actually goes with my boring one syllable last name so it's perfect!

:rofl: Banana!! I love it :D I know what you mean. My oldest has a pretty silly nickname that Daddy gave her a few days after birth, and she still wants to be called that name, even at preschool! I'm just afraid I'll name LO something and then later regret it... why, oh why, do I put so much weight on it? You're absolutely right, Helena, the name will be come his regardless. Also, we still have a few weeks!

Happy Monday, everyone! How was your weekend?

I had a lovely weekend thank you! I saw my friend who I only get to see once a year really as she lives a good few hours drive away. She spoiled me rotten with things she had left from her baby and presents!

We have definitely agreed on the name now and both love it! So I feel a weight has been lifted and that's that job done :smug:

I had my GTT this morning and it went fine. Luckily I don't live more than 10 minutes from the place where I had it done so I didn't feel faint and after the second blood test I came back home and ate my lunch :thumbup:

How is everyone else doing?

My weekend was uneventful, aside from an unexplained bout of hysterical sobbing on Saturday...oh, hormones! Otherwise we just hung out around the house, did some organizing, some cooking.

DH tricked me by saying he was going to make spaghetti with meat sauce on Friday, and I was all excited. In my experience, traditional spaghetti sauce has ground beef, tomatoes, onions, olive oil, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and oregano. That's pretty much it. HOWEVER, DH put all this weird extra stuff in it like apples, big pieces of sage, wheat germ, wine, etc...totally ruined it. I couldn't even eat it, and I was so disappointed, but I tried not to show it because I didn't want to make him feel bad! All I could eat was some spaghetti with as little sauce on it as possible, and the garlic bread that I made myself.

Now, I'm not averse to trying new things, and I've loved many of the sauces that DH has concocted. It's just that I was so excited about having traditional spaghetti with meat sauce, and it didn't end up being that at all. I almost cried :haha:

I have to give him credit though, the next day when I had that crying spell, he handled it very well. I was getting kind of teary eyed, and telling him that I must be hormonal because I wasn't sure why I was crying...then suddenly without warning, I just burst into hysterical sobs in the kitchen and couldn't even hold my glass of water, it was spilling all over the floor. He just calmly took the glass out of my hand, hugged me until the worst of it was past, then led me to the couch, tucked me under a blanket, handed me a piece of chocolate, and went to clean up the water I spilled. What a guy :D

Aw Dragon---that's cute how your husband handled the crying! I feel my DH would have been, "But WHAT are you crying about?!" He still doesn't understand hormones. :)

Jo---soooooo glad you've decided on a name! That's very exciting!

I had a good weekend---found out that there is a lady that my sister knows that has a 5 month old boy and is willing to sell me his clothes that he outgrows! (She keeps her clothes super clean, so they look like new! And they are all brand-name stuff. . .) This weekend I got from her: 15 onesies, 3 outfits, 5 shirts, one pair of bib overalls, one bib, and 3 pairs of pants for baby for only $27!---and half of those were new with tags! I was so excited! She's going to keep in touch each time her son grows out of clothing so I'll have a fresh set when mine grows into them! Sounds like a deal to me! :)

Oh dragon, love your husband and the blanket and chocolate! What a man!
I also had uncontrolable sobbing at the weekend. On Sunday evening I was convinced I was an awful mother and wife, sobbed my heart out. Actually I thik now I am ok. But right then, it was awful, I thought they would be better with a new mum!!! Bloody hormones.

Great news on the name front Jo! So you had two blood tests? I had 3... Not fair! ;)

Great about the clothes sierra. As long as you like her style :)

We put our little lady's cot up at the weekend . So exciting. And a bought her a dummy / pacifier yesterday. Not that I want to use it...just as a back up plan!! (will sneak it in my hospital bag! Dont tell the nurses!) And it is so cute with Fairies and butterfly's on.
I plan to go through the clothes soon, a mix of my sons' hand me downs and some other second hand stuff, and wash them and put them in her drawers. I haven't bought her any new clothes yet! Think I will try and get away with spending as little as possible. Got her some gorgeous second hand stuff though.

Good Tuesday Everyone,

This weekend was nice. Both DH and I had three full days off together. I love the man dearly, but I get absolutely nothing completed while he is around. I did manage to clear out two boxes and get him to stow more stuff in the attic since my folks are coming for a two week visit next Tuesday. And we took our cat to get her shots at a vaccine clinic on Sunday. It was at DH's work. There was a lady in front of us who had just rescued a puppy and it was matted to the skin. DH is the grooming manager so he clocked in just to give the poor puppy a shave down and save the woman from having to go to the vet for severe skin problems. Sweet guy. :)

DH is a US Army vet so last night we went out with another family that are also veterans. They wanted to go to Golden Corral because Veterans ate free for dinner, but there was a line wrapping around the building. So we ended up going to TGI Friday's. I'd never been to a TGI Friday's. I had a meltdown and hid in the bathroom crying for a bit due to the fact that I couldn't find anything on the menu that I wasn't allergic to. Ended up ordering mash potatoes, but they had cheese in them... now my stomach is rebelling due to being lactose intolerant. Ugh...

I am avoiding some of the emails that are waiting in my inbox. I swear people don't have brains. "I can't figure out this PDF. Can you send it to me in word?" Really? NO! There is a reason it is in form-fillable PDF so I know you didn't change the text. Or: "Can you tell me when the FY12 Grants will be available?" Oh, you mean the one that was sent out last week? Check your inbox! I think I am just a very grumpy pregnant person today. Next week will be awesome. I have Thursday through Tuesday off to spend with my folks and I am looking forward to sleeping in.

Oh I am grumpy too Kellen, just can't be bothered to speak to people today. People are annoying me. Most people. People in general.

Be firm in your replies. Just to too blunt :)

Hormone alert!

Thanks, Helena! Glad I'm not the only one. I sent a strongly worded email back with a re-attached copy of the "not friendly" PDF and told him to try again. Some of the people I have to deal with only use a computer for the grants once a year. We are trying to move towards a new and easier program, but a lot of my "children" refuse to even consider a new process. *insert banging head on desk* Thankfully my boss rocks and has three kids so he knows better than to work into my office this morning.

And congrats Jo on choosing a name! It is a wonderful feeling to finally know that your baby is no longer a "whose-it" (which is what my father called me until they found out my sex).

Dragon, you aren't the only one with a want to be creative cooking husband. The other night I asked DH to sear some sausage on the stove while I made up a batch of cookies. It took me a while to figure out why I was smelling cinnamon. He decided to "experiment" with cinnamon, cumin, oregano and nutmeg. With enough mustard anything is edible...

So my family had been bugging us for photos. We were driving home Sunday night and saw this park. I happened to have the camera in the car. Voila! Pictures! Thought you gals might enjoy.

Attachments

• Kellen-park1.jpg
    Kellen-park1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Kellen-park2.jpg
    Kellen-park2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads