Valentines Babies, 2013!

Oh sorry for your bad news Kim! Xx

I feel the need for a confession.. I have eaten nearly my body weight in flapjack today...

Kim - I am sorry to hear that your platelets are still dropping.

Helena- that is just the laugh I needed at this moment.

Three minutes before the alarm was set to go off this morning I woke with a horrible cramp in my right calf. It literally felt like someone had stuck a knife in my leg and was slowly removing tendons and ligaments. Ouch! I managed to roll onto my left side and do a gentle stretch and that stopped the pain. My muscles in that leg still very really tight though.

Sciatica has decided to pay me a visit today as well. Had to have DH help put socks on this morning while getting dressed. Thankfully traffic was lighter than normal on my way to work, but I was still in considerable pain from being seated. Unfortunately our chiropractor is out for the holiday until Monday. :(

My folks are offering to buy us either a co-sleeper or pack'n'play (with bassinet/changing table combo). There are benefits to both. What are your opinions?

Quick update: NST this morning went well, can't believe we'll be 28 weeks tomorrow! No contractions and BP looks good again. Doctor says the bump is measuring 40 weeks already! SPD is tolerable, I found that a heating pad helps as long as I consistently use it every night. Overall feeling pretty good!

I can't imagine working out right now, though! I have to walk really slowly so as not to aggravate my pelvis, and most exercise motions would be out of the question. I admire you if you can still work out!

OT, but I suddenly have the urge to make things...last night I made a gallon (!) of chili, and today I'm making 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies. I might make a batch of soap too.

Oh sorry for your bad news Kim! Xx

I feel the need for a confession.. I have eaten nearly my body weight in flapjack today...

Ha ha am giggling at this :haha: but I had beef caserole in the slow cooker which was meant for dinner for 3 and ooooops its all gone and I am not in the mood to cook again.DS and DH will have to settle for a take away which I am sure to join in.I have been super hungry of late....and am not going on the scale:nope:

LOL Helena!

Kellen, a full size pack and play is useful for longer, but for the first few months a co-sleeper is amazing. We have a small pack and play (kind of like a cross between a bassinet and a pack and play) upstairs, and a full size with changer downstairs. I'd say either one is a great option! What a nice gift :D

Kim, I'm so sorry about your platelets :( I really hope they get it sorted out so that you can have the birth you want. The internal pelvic exam I had with DDs started at 36 weeks (I think!) and they were just like during a regular exam when the Dr has one hand inside and then pushes down on your tummy with the other, sort of feeling around. It's NOT comfortable, but I think it's the best way for them to find baby's position, as well as predict some complications. I had that done every week for the last few weeks. I think maybe it has more to do with bone shape than width? I don't know, but I really hope it works out.

DragonflyWing, I'm so glad you're doing well!! I can't believe we're 28 weeks either! I mentally consider this V-day, since the survival rate jumps up dramatically this week :D Save some chili for me! THat sounds SO good on this rainy, cold day!

Hahahaaaa Kim. Made me laugh out loud!
I have been in a baking and cooking frenzy for days.. Rice pudding, tarts, homeade ice cream, curries, bolognaise, short bread, flapjacks, ...
All from scratch. Must be the pre nesting stage Dragon!
You make soap??

Kim ---so sorry to hear about your platelets! Hopefully you get some more comforting news at your next appointment! :hugs:

Kellen, I personally would go for the pack n play---you can take it with you when you travel, move it wherever you want whenever you want, and it's compact and usually easy to put together and take down! I love the one I got!

As far as cooking goes. . .I haven't been super motivated, but I have tons of great ideas! ;)

I've been cooking too! Soups, pies, chilli, flapjacks and home made jammie dodgers! Must e nesting! I also just felt the urge to wash the floor! :haha:

I'm so proud of myself with the cooking lol...I am NOT much of a homemaker, and I hardly ever cook. If it were up to me, I'd get takeout pretty much every day of the week. Thankfully, DH likes to cook and he feeds me pretty often :)

My only two claims to fame are my chili and my chocolate chip cookies...DH has been begging me to make the cookies, and I said I would make some to bring to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. He said absolutely not, we will make something from a box mix for that, and I should make the cookies just for us! :haha: As for the chili, we didn't eat any, we just put it in the freezer for when the babies arrive. It should make 4 meals for us, and that's 4 less meals we'll have to think about!

Yes, I make soap! I haven't made any since I've been pregnant, as I really shouldn't be breathing the lye fumes. I've really had the urge to make some lately, though. If I make a batch now, they'll be nice and cured by the time the babies arrive. I was thinking of making a really gentle castille soap with lavender to use for their first baths <3 That's gentler than any commercial baby wash!

Dargon--that's so cute to make the soap for their first baths!! I'm gushing right now--you should totally do it! :)

Oh my, ladies!! You are all inspirational! I am a terrible cook, and usually resort to fairly simple recipes at home. Proof of this is that when I asked what I could bring to my Mom's for Thanksgiving tomorrow, they told me to BUY a dessert to bring!!

Dragon that is so crafty! I am impaired when it comes to making homey things like that. I think my one and only success was candles from melted down crayons with a bunch of funky shaped glass jars.

DH was super happy with me cooking over the weekend. First there was the work potluck on Friday so I bought chili and passed it off as my own (and it was a hit. Several people said I should enter it in next years chili cook off :haha:). Then we had a Thanksgiving dinner after church on Sunday so I made a big pot of chicken, potato, rice and carrot soup as well as a pan of impossibly easy hamburger pie. We have enough food to feed us and my parents well into the weekend...

However, I am getting off work early today and going food shopping with my mom. She (according to the latest text) rearranged the fridge and freezer so that there will be room for all the food we will be getting. I don't know if my DH and dad will be able to move after Thursday when we feed them. But I am making DH drive me to KMart at 4:30am on Thanksgiving to pick out his Christmas present. We don't have a TV and he really wants one. They have 32" for $97 that morning. I told him: "If you really want a TV you will go stand in line. I will sit in the car with hot chocolate and wait until the doors open. Then I will join you." He agree. :rofl:

Hehe DH is saying I shouldn't make the soap, since I already have a perfectly good lemongrass/chamomile/calendula castille soap already made. He thinks I should just use that on the babies. Sure, that would be fine, but I didn't make it for them...I want something that I made especially for them :D

aw Dragon, make the soap then! You'll use it anyway and it will be lovely that you made it for them :D

28 weeks! Yeeeha! Well done all!!!
if my c section is at 38 weeks ,which is was before (in fact my first was scheduled at 37 weeks 6 days) it is in 10 weeks time. Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Since this will be my last pregnancy I want to really enjoy the last weeks. But seems I am too busy to get a chance!...

This week is super busy. Both my children have been ill, so its defiantely a 24 hour job at the mo, and husband working late most nights. So tired! .....my 4 year old was sick last night so came in with us. He was so wriggly I ended up on the sofa! Hopefully it will be a quieter night tonight.

I can't believe we're 28 weeks!!! :yipee:

Happy Thanksgiving! We're watching the Macy's Parade on tv and getting ready to head over to Grandma's. I'm so thankful this day to have a loving family! I hope you all enjoy this day, even those that don't celebrate Thanksgiving, lol.

Check up today. Baby is head up (shows how muc I know I thought the other way), all good and going as planned. I gained about a pound a week for the last month, just under 2 kilo more. Doc said that was fine. :)
Secretary said I can be pretty sure baby will be born on the 1st feb. she put the request in to the hospital and usually it is fine she said. So may get grandparents to book their flights. 10 weeks!

I know. Feel a bit of a cheat pushing to the front of the queue! Lol
But I mabe dragon will beat me with the twins.
Xx

How exciting, Helena! 10 weeks seems SO close now! Let the countdown begin :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"