Valentines Babies, 2013!

You never know! You can tell us all what it's like :haha:

Just think, once Christmas has been and gone, it will be 5 weeks!

Wow, helena, that's so exciting! My doctor doesn't expect that I'll go past 36 weeks, so I may end up being the first to go! That's scary, I may have less than 8 weeks left!

At least one of the babies moved way down on Wednesday, and it felt like that were living in my butt lol :haha: very uncomfortable, it was hard to sit without pain. Felt like whenever I bend over they were getting squished in my pelvis. It's been better today, so they must have shifted a bit!

Ouch, Dragonfly... but "living in my butt" made me laugh too!!

I'm feeling like a huge jerk today. I am generally very nice to people and try not to judge, but there is a woman in my church who likes to make comments about how she raises her kids in a way that is "better" than other women. She even made a comment in a women's group once that was directed at "some people" which was pretty obviously about my kids and their behavior during church. I took offense, felt like a bad mom, and started to dislike this woman. When I got my bfp I found out she was a month or two ahead of me in pregnancy, and my first thought was "oh great, we have to be pregnant together." I know, I know, petty!!

Anyhow, I heard whispers about her baby here and there having a "problem," but I thought it was just gossip and never cared to get involved. I got an email today from the leader of our women's group to pray for this woman because her baby was born 3 days ago and passed away on Thanksgiving. She had Trisomy 18.

I feel like such a jerk. Maybe she was condescending or in a foul mood for a VERY good reason, and I was much too quick to judge. When I got the email I sat staring at my computer screen with tears streaming down my cheeks. Here I am complaining about my back, my weight, my messy house, and this poor family just lost a full term baby girl. Ugh... I will certainly be counting my blessings tonight!

Sorry if that's a depressing story, but I felt like telling someone who would understand HOW sad it really is... DH just stared at me as I sat there crying and said, "but you don't even like her." SOOO? Men.

Oh wamommy you are only human. You have every right to dislike judgemental people.
Her loss is terrible, but you shouldnt feel bad at all, you ae just getting on with your life.
I am not saying "so".. But we can't all get depressed about everyone else's sadness. Enjoy your two and if you want to complain about backache you go ahead. Xxx

Thank you, Helena :hugs: You're right, and I'll try to just let it go.

How is everyone feeling? We must have some appointments coming this week. I have one Friday, anyone else? I'm assuming it's just a measure and check-up, and I have the diabetes test this week too. I can't wait to hear updates on everyone's little ones!

I have a 3D scan on Monday and my 28 week appointment on tues :yipee:

a 3d, excellent! oh do share pictures with us!
the restults of my diabetes was all fine. my appointment with the doctor last wek was very biref, quick weigh in, quick check of babys heart rate, about 130, and that was that. no bloods taken. told to come back in a month.

good luck with the sugar test wamommy. the worst thing about mine, apart from feeling a bit faint after, was that it took up th whole morning..

is your scan tomorrow a private one jo? oh i do wish we had booked one now!....wonder if it is too late to write to santa... x

Yes it's private. DH and I made a deal when I was freaking out and wanting to pay for an early scan and he didn't want me to and just wanted to get through it as quickly as possible. I agreed only if we could have a 3D one at 28 ish weeks. Also, my mum works for a private hospital so got us 20% off :thumbup:

I'm really looking forward to it, especially as all our scans turned into scientific study ones to do with her feet, this one will be nice and fluffy and purely indulgent, just to see what she looks like, no medical reasons :D

I can't wait to see pictures, Jo!! How exciting :D

We finally got around to ordering a blue car seat cover (using the same seat, but it was hot pink before!) and on Black Friday I picked up a beautiful baby blanket and sleeper for baby's trip home. I'm starting to feel a bit less unprepared :haha:

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Good morning everyone! Well, I had a long Thanksgiving weekend, so just now getting back to the computer. :)

Saturday I felt amazing, did tons of laundry, hung out with DH, put up Christmas lights, etc.

Yesterday, I felt like baby was trying to knock the energy right out of me! He kept sitting on my bladder (like every 20 minutes, I had to pee!), my belly was aching, I was really lethargic. The good thing was that he moved ALL day---which just melted my heart! :) DH felt him move so much, which I love to see. :) I never imagined the baby would be this active!

We did put up curtains in the baby's room this weekend, and a new light fixture. So, I keep peaking in there and smiling to myself. :) I'm hoping DH will set up the crib this week. :) YAY!

Today we have our 28 week check-up, so I'll try to post updates as soon as I can.

Loving the image of you smiling at light fittings Sierra!

Jo, how was it?

Just got back from my appointment. My midwife office added a 3rd midwife, and I'm not impressed. :growlmad: She's nice enough, but I have no relationship with her, she's super young (I'm thinking around 22 years old), and she didn't know what to put on my lab sheet, etc. I think she's just lacking confidence, but I really don't like that there is someone new part way through my pregnancy. Granted, they rotate, so I will see my regular two midwives for the next two appointments, but there is a chance that this girl will be at my birth! (I think one of the other ones will be there, too, but STILL!) :(

Anyways, it was a good appointment anyways. As far as she could tell (and she does have all of the education for this), baby was head-down with his back to my left side. He promptly kicked her soundly when she was proding around. :) I'm measuring 29cm, which is slightly big but okay! (Maybe I won't go past my due-date! yay!). Baby's heartrate is at 130---and he soundly kicked the doppler wand when she was doing it, too! :)

I gained 4 pounds this last month, which puts me up to 23 pounds gained so far! (Their target is for me to gain 25-30 pounds. . .at this rate, I think I'm going to be over that quickly!)

I take my glucose test tomorrow morning before work (hopefully I don't feel sick because I have to work a full day after that!)

Next Wednesday, December 5th, I have another appointment and an ultrasound to check to see if my placenta has moved away from my cervix. If it hasn't moved, then they will educate me on the possibilities of bleeding "out" or having complications due to this. (They think it will have moved so it shouldn't be a problem---but still--SCARY!)

All-in-all I love hearing my baby's heartbeat---he's wonderful! :cloud9:

I'm glad your appointment went well, Sierra! It's too funny that baby kept kicking during the exam. It sounds like your LO had the same feeling about the new midwife :haha: I wouldn't worry about the weight gain, because since you're measuring ahead you must be all baby! I hope your Dec 5th appointment goes well, and that the placenta has moved up. How scary... but I'm sure it will be fine.

Did they say you will be starting appointments every 2 weeks from now on? I forget when we switch. It still seems like forever between chances to have a little reassurance that all is well in there. At least we have the kicks and rolls which are amazingly comforting.

Bleeding out?? What is that?! Wowee, sounds horrendous! Glad all went well toda.
I guess the new girl is just new and inexperienced. Hopefully she will attend a fair few births over the next 3 months before she gets to you.
29cm is fine, only 1 cm bigger than average i think? I think the cm tend to go with our number of weeks?
I have gained 12 kilos so far, multiply by 2.2 to be in pounds, soi am beating you ;)

Wamommy my appointment was last week and I have my next in 1 month. I thin it's only the last month that goes every 2 weeks for us? So maybe I will have one mid January and then c sec on 1st fe. Seems s close!

Been going through some clothes a friend gave us today, some for baby next summer. Seems a lifetime away!

Wamommy---yes, I start having appointments every 2 weeks from now on---I think the last month, they push it to once a week here---must be a US thing?

I think "bleeding out" is a horrible term for it, but that is what the new midwife said---I think it's basically a chance that the placenta will tear and cause me to lose a lot of blood if it doesn't move. . .so there may be complications from blood loss. But, again, they expect it will have moved---so I'm not worrying yet. :)

Glad to know someone is beating me on the weight gain, helena! ;) I ate SO good this last month, too, and still seem to be gaining. . .lol . . .but I'm thinking wamommy is right---hopefully it's all baby! :) And yes, the cm go with the number of weeks. . .so I'm mostly on target. . .but I was excited to know I'm a bit ahead of schedule. ;)

That's exciting to be going through clothes, helena---I hope you find a lot of really cute ones!!! I can't wait to "meet" all of our babies! :)

Well, it finally happened! On the way to work this morning, one of my naughty little monkeys kicked me right in the bladder and made me pee my pants! :haha:

It's a good thing I had used the bathroom just before I left the house, because there was only a tiny bit left in there, but it was still a major shock! I was just driving along when it happened and I was like "Ack! No, baby, no! Get off mama's bladder!" Not sure which one it was, but they gave me 3 super strong kicks one right after another in the same place...almost seemed intentional [-X hehe

Sierra, glad your appointment went well, although I understand why you'd be uncomfortable with a new midwife jumping in in the middle like this. Hopefully she's a good one!

Jo- can't wait to see your 3d scan pics! Every time I get an ultrasound, they try to get a 3d picture for me, but my two anterior placentas muck up the process. So far they've only been able to get one semi-good one. Last time I went, they may have been able to get a better one, but the babies were face to face, and Lily had her hand and her foot in front of their faces haha!

I really enjoyed the long Thanksgiving weekend...just mostly lounged around the house and spent time with DH :) It was nice.

Oh no Dragon---that's no fun---but hilarious! :) I'm sure my time will come. . . :)

Jo--I'm also anxiously awaiting 3d photos. . . I bet they are beautiful! :)

Hi :wave: sorry. The scan was at 7pm our time and we went out for tea afterwards. We haven't long got home.

It was amazing!! :cloud9:

She is still a girl :pink: she is estimated to weigh about 3lbs and is measuring a couple of weeks ahead (31 weeks) but that's all estimations and not worrying.

She was wriggling around, yawning, pulling faces and smiling :cloud9:

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/Jojocoombe/BnB%20stuff/52EBBF03-552F-42E2-87DA-55CA3BF9C941-19010-000018965315FE48.jpg

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/Jojocoombe/BnB%20stuff/40B7F564-60AF-449C-89D7-1807835C259F-19010-000018965E392E2C.jpg

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/Jojocoombe/BnB%20stuff/551D5D94-B50A-4563-B457-5185732D6CD7-19010-0000189667909DF2.jpg

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/Jojocoombe/BnB%20stuff/C2569A8E-263D-4C6D-BA2E-C49282284351-19010-00001896706952E1.jpg

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/Jojocoombe/BnB%20stuff/3BCABBF0-48C2-48AB-A67F-80ABFE36517B-19010-000018967B01ABBB.jpg

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/Jojocoombe/BnB%20stuff/D51EBEB0-50B3-4ACC-9D22-640A7B251888-19010-0000189683473E01.jpg

Oh, Jo.... those are gorgeous!!! I'm insanely jealous here :haha: It must have been so wonderful to see her face! 31 weeks, wowza! That's great, though! You prob won't be going over due :D

DragonflyWing, I laughed when I read your post! Not at you, just at the situation...lol. My time has not yet come, but at least I know I won't be alone if I have an "incident" of my own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->