Valentines Babies, 2013!

Ignore whatever anyone else says about your bumps! If they feel the need to tell you that it's too big or too small, they clearly have too mych time on their hands! If someone told me my bump was too big for how far along I was, I would just love to reply with, maybe your bump was smaller but you certainly make up for it with the size of your mouth! (Probably wouldn't actually say that as I would no doubt just laugh it off then go and sulk but how cool would it be!)

I hate that it's 'ok' to comment like this! I don't go around saying that I think someone should have smaller feet or more hair so why is it ok to comment on my bump? A pregnant hormonal woman, who probably is in need of more reassurance than at any other time in her life :shrug: I will never understand people like that :nope:

This might make you feel better, I have a giant bump and I LOVE it!

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/Jojocoombe/5B51A2B5-F538-43D3-9085-20993EF92E2F-901-000001093FDCEF5B.jpg

Aww Jo---you're so cute! Thanks for the wonderful words. I need to get a picture taken so I can post it soon. . .

Most of us only have 11 (ish) weeks to go! I say embrace the bump! We'll probably all be saying how much we miss it once the babies have arrived!

Thank you for sharing your bump with us, Jo. It looks (give or take) around the same size as mine. I just want my baby to be healthy, but I'd also prefer not to give birth to a giant (praying for a 7lber instead of a 9lber like DH was...).

I have the world's coolest diaper bag thanks to my mom. Okay, so it traditionally isn't meant to be used as a diaper bag, but that shall be it's purpose for me. It is a cloth grocery bag type thing (you know the type?). The cool thing is that it has the original Allen Lee artwork for the Hobbit on it instead of all the movie hype. I'm a huge Tolkien fan and began reading his work when I was 9. My mom found it at Barnes and Noble and decided that it would be great. I happen to agree... also I'm personally not wanting to buy a $75 bag. This one cost a whopping $12. :)

At the scan the other day, they estimated that my little lady was already 3.5lbs! At an estimated growth of 1lb per week, that would mean she could be a 13lb-er :wacko:

I'm hoping they are wrong!! But a friend on here had an estimated weight of 3lbs at 28 weeks and her little boy was 8lb 12 so maybe I will have a slightly bigger baby, but I'm praying for the 8lb one, not the 13lb one please :rofl:

Haha---I'm worried about having a giant baby, too! Sounds like this is totally normal to worry about! :)

Kellen---I love Tolkein---sounds like a great bag! :)

Thank you so much, Jo!! You're absolutely right, and it's good to have a bit of a pep-talk. You look GORGEOUS, by the way :D

I have a Dr appointment tomorrow morning, along with the glucose test, so I should know more of how I'm measuring then! It sounds like we have a group of big babies, which is GREAT. I can't wait to see when they all make an appearance! It seems awfully close now :D

Wow Jo, that would be a big baby! Luckily, I don't think most babies gain more than 8 oz a week even at the end :) Your bump looks adorable, and 3.5 lbs is a great weight for 29 weeks! I was born at 28 weeks, and I was 3lb2oz, and my sister was born at 29 weeks at 3lb3oz.

I estimate that my babies are about 2lb13oz right now. I'm basing that on the fact that they've been gaining about 4oz a week, and 2 weeks ago they were at 2lb2oz and 2lb4oz :D

Oh my goodness Dragon! You were born right now at this stage and are absolutely fine! That really makes me think!

I don't know here I got the 1lb a week thing from :haha: but it scared me!

Yes! I spent 6 weeks in the NICU, and my sister spent 7 weeks...but we both did fine with no lasting problems whatsoever. And this was in 1983 and 1995! It takes a load off your mind, doesn't it? I know it does for me, it's great to think that if my babies had to be born now, they'd have an excellent chance of having no lasting health issues.

Dragon - that is very reassuring to hear that if our little ones were born now they have an excellent chance at survival. My mom was born at 27 weeks in 1951. Once I passed that stage I know my stress and worry level dropped dramatically.

In other non-pregnancy related news I overheard the funniest conversation between DH and our cat this morning. I was walking into the bedroom after fixing myself breakfast and lunch and I heard this: "Cat. Why are you watching me poop? I don't watch you poop. How would you like it if I did? This is private. Next time you poop I'm going to take the cover off your box and watch. So ha!"

Very mature conversation that sent me back into the kitchen trying not to giggle and let him know I overheard. I am now very curious about what type of conversations I'll overhear with him and the baby once she is born. We watched some old (1950s or 1960s old) Christmas shows last night. I think I made it to 8:30 and then stumbled into bed.

That's hilarious Kellen! My DH talks to our cat ALL of the time---it's so cute!

Well today, DH and I are going to put the rest of what we need for baby onto our registry. (about a month before baby is due, they'll send a 20% off coupon to you for everything on your registry---so we are going to put it all on there so we get 20%off of everything we need!) :) I'm kind of freaking out because I feel like there is SO much to buy, and SO much to do! I'm worried that I will get baby home and not have what he needs! I know this is silly, as I'm making a checklist and using the checklists off of The Bump website, but I still feel extremely overwhelmed. Plus, all of that combined with the fact that I have to make a home office at my house now in order to work from home. So far I have the desk and the computer. I still need: internet hooked up, a computer chair, curtains for that room (for when I'm pumping) and to clean out the entire room (is a storage room right now). There's tons of wash to do for all of the new and used items we received for baby, and I need to clean out the car in order to install the car seat so we're ready.

I know we still have time, but it's SO hard to prepare when I work full time and am exhausted once I get home in the evenings. And I want to be ready for baby in case he comes early. How soon are you all planning to be "completely ready" in case baby comes early? My goal is the middle of January, but is that too soon or too late? What do you all think?

My mind is crazy right now. Yikes! (But I'm excited to go to the baby story today---I'm going to try to convince DH to buy a couple of things before the coupon because I have a gift card to there. .. ) :)

I'm hoping to be completely ready (i.e. crib set up, baby clothes in dresser, etc) by the end of December. We'll be closing in on 34 weeks at that point, and average for twins is 35 weeks.

Realistically, though, I'm sure DH will be setting up the crib while I'm in the hospital after having them haha :haha:. We tend to procrastinate.

I am a minimalist. We have the pack'n'play that will be used as the bassinet for the first 6 months. We have plenty of onsies and several sleep sacks. All I need are cloth diapers, but if push comes to shove it isn't all that difficult to run out and buy a box of newborn diapers and some wipes. I really don't feel like I need to prepare a whole lot. I'm sure the closer I get the more "nesting" I'll be doing, but for now I feel fairly prepared.

Oh gosh, Sierra, I'm not prepared at all either! I have to dig the pack and plays out and wash the covers, find some more warm newborn sleepers, go through the bins and bins of baby girl stuff I have to find things I can use/need (like sleepsacks)... ugh. I'm aiming for the middle of January, since I'm pretty sure this baby will come at the end of January/early February. I know there's still time, but it does feel overwhelming!

I just got back from my Dr. appointment. It went well. I've gained 20 pounds total (4 this month) which she said is right on track. I am only measuring 28 weeks, though, which I find odd. I LOOK huge, but I guess it's not "all baby" like I had hoped :haha: Ah well, heart beat was great, he's head down, and I did the glucose test. I should have the results tomorrow. Afterward we went out to eat since I was starving, and took the girls to run around a bit before heading home. I'm exhausted, but relieved that all is well with baby.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

You can always shop and get things once baby is here. As long as she has a bed and a blanket wnd 1 packet of nappies, she will be fine. And in fact she wont know if she s sleeping in a beautiful cot or an old drawer.
It's actually quite nice getting out and about again once baby is born, showing her off and feeling human again. Plus they sleep so much in the early weeks it's the perfec time for a light shop with DH and a trip to a cafe.
No need to worry too much about havingn it all done before she is here. This is what I am thinking. The only things I want defiinately in place are breasfeeding aids..nipple shields, cream, silver cups whatever. But then I suppose it is easier since I probably have lots of child friendly stuff from haing the boys, without even realizing it.

Great point helena! There's always after the baby to shop, too. :) I spent all day yesterday washing items, putting together a highchair, buying another carseat base, etc.---as well as decorating for Christmas! :) DH comments to me: "The baby is making a mess in the house without even being here yet!" (Our living room and dining room area still has strollers and bases and bouncers, etc, all laying out---I wanted everything to dry before I put it all back again) :)

So glad things are looking good with baby, wamommy!

Speaking of newborn sleepers. . .what is everyone putting baby in for the first couple of weeks? Several people have suggested to me that I'll just want to put baby in sleepers and soft cozy things in the beginning? But I have some little pant outfits too for baby----is it better for them to be in sleepers all day long?

I might avoid putting pants on them until their umbilical cord falls off, just because the waistband might rub on it...but otherwise, I'll put them in whatever fits :)

I passed my glucose test, yay! I was worried about that, since my mom had gestational diabetes, and I'm at a higher risk for it since I was overweight when I got pregnant. Very glad I don't have to worry about that anymore!

Happy news Dragon :)
I will mostly have my baby in sleep suits. Just because it's easy. And it will be cold here, so pjs and fluffy socks and cardigans are the way forward I think. I have bought several cute little knitted hats too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->