Valentines Babies, 2013!

Great news Dragon! I hear you on the bladder thing! I was up four times last night within a four hour time-span! :(

Congrats on no pre-E! That is awesome news.

And I second you on the bladder thing. Last night DH and I were watching TV when I asked him to pause the show so I could use the bathroom. I came back, sat down and right as he unpaused it I said: "Hold on, I'll be right back. I have to pee." He asked me if I forgot to pee the first time :doh: No... but your child decided to start squishing the bladder so now I have to go again.

So DH is very insistent that we do cord blood banking. So I took advantage of a relatively empty office and signed us up. Lo and behold we get a $250 discount from our insurance provider, plus $100 visa card for registering before 2013. I personally am not as into it as DH, but I will support his wishes and who knows? I hope that we will never need this, but I suppose it is a good security measure. Has anyone here ever done the cord banking or even considered it?

I just had a major craving for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which I haven't had in probably 10 years...and I recently bought a jar of strawberry rhubarb jam that I was SO excited to try. Then DH told me I can't open the new jar until we use up the lingonberry jam that's already in the fridge. I don't WANT lingonberry jam, I want strawberry rhubarb!! I was totally devastated and started crying and decided not to have pb&j at all. :haha: oh, hormones.

But still a little mad at DH hehe

Hello everyone,

I have a lot to catch on but i hear u ladies on the need to pee, I particularly notice that i do it before i shower but need to immediately after ....literally 7 minutes!!

and the movements I feel like babay is biting me down there and DH had to remind me that baby doesnt have teeeth Ahhhh!! I second everyone on the transparent belly, am sure it will be fun to watch...

Platelets results back and they have slightly increased but still in the lower range , met a different OB who was much nicer than my one and he said not to worry at this stage but to continue monitoring and hope for the best until week 35.

Fantastic story, Dragon! I would be a little upset with DH too if he denied me my cravings. His current theory is: "She is in her third trimester. Argue at the risk of your life." So he basically gives me what I want. :)

Kim, I'm glad to hear that your platelets are going down and that you got a much nicer doctor this go around. I second you on the baby biting. Almost made DH fall out of his chair last night by exclaiming: "Baby! Don't bite my vagina!" Of course I know that she A) doesn't have teeth and is B) no where near my vagina, but that was the first thing that came out of my mouth. :doh:

Oh dragon, I hope your husband is feeling very guilty indeedy!

Have my parents to stay tomorrow until sunday so that's exciting news here. Have been getting spare room sorted and now my pelvis hurts :(

Glad all is a bit more positive Kim.

Hi all. I am getting the feeling like baby is scratching down there, trying to get out. Certainly is uncomfortable! Had to stop and grab the stroller in Ikea the other day!

Got confirmation that my c sec will be on 1 Feb today, 7 weeks 3 days. Wowee!

Woooow Helena 7 weeks!!! Kinda put things into perspective on how close we are!!Was just counting down to when baby will be here and DS (7yrs) dissapeared to his room and came back with a bag packed with 2 yougurts, £3,50, 3 cereal bars and his DSi.he handed them to me and said that was that was for me and the baby for the hospital.My heart melted and hormones got the better of me and cried at his thoughtfulness!!!! I am not the only one who cant wait for Feb!!!
I asked what te DSi was for nd he said for setting the alarm so that baby can wake up for her mil....awww bless.if only it worked that way:haha:.

Just thought to share

Not a great day. Mum isn't well so they haven't come to stay. Such a shame. Hopefully she isn't seriously unwell but is getting her heart checked after faint spells.

Then I have started getting a pain down the middle of my bump, below my belly button. Like a hair being pulled. Stinging. I fear it's muscle separation, I read about t online. Hurts. Not agony but an annoying pain, that isn't stopping. I posted in third tri about it.. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...r/1591821-muscle-separation.html#post23936287

31 weeks, yaaaay! Well done all xx

I love your son's gesture Kim! What a sweetie!!!

Helena, I'm so sorry! I hope your Mom is alright and that it's nothing serious. I don't know what it feels like to have muscle separation, but I learned some about it when I was pregnant the first time. I was concerned about continuing ab workouts, and was cautioned by my trainer that in some women aggressive abdominal workouts can cause Diastasis Recti. It usually goes back in the few months after baby is born, but can be painful and make it hard to lift things. It can also be caused by multiple pregnancies. I hope that isn't it! When is your next Dr appointment to ask?

Kim, your son is so sweet! That would have made me tear up too :D

Has everyone finished their Christmas shopping? I've got a lot left on my list and time is running out! At least the kids are mostly finished. I get stuck trying to think what to buy for nieces/nephews/godmother, etc.

Helena , sorry yo mum isnt feeling well, hope its nothing serious.Muscle separation nebver heard about it but hope you get some answers on your next appointment.

Wamommy christmas shopping ahhhh it really killing me ......am almost tempted to say to DS and DH our christmas will be in Feb.Hit the shops today started with mothercare to collect things I ordered for baby and since i desparately needed to pee made sense to start there , got there lifts arent working took the stairs only to find the bathroom out of order!!!Stood there like a zombie and asked the security what time the bathroom were going to be working again....He directed me to another shop with bathroom which seemed miles away which I already knew anyway.went into M&S used the bathroom and bought Xmas cards and that was it ....its a struggle

Not feeling very well today...last night at about 9:30pm, I started getting this weird anxious feeling in my chest, my heart was pounding and I felt a little panicky. It was strange because I wasn't really worried or anxious about anything, I was just sitting on the couch reading a book when it started. I decided it must have been from the caffeine in the soda I had with dinner, and I went to bed. I got up twice during the night to use the bathroom and get a drink of water, and I felt ok both times I was up.

This morning, about 15 minutes after I got up it started again. In addition to the anxious feeling, I've been getting dizzy on and off, feeling like I can't quite get enough breath (not struggling to breathe, but having to take very deep breaths), and some pain in my upper stomach. The stress is causing some BH contractions that are making my lower back ache.

I decided to take my blood pressure, and it showed 154/93 with a pulse of 111. I'm not sure how accurate my bp monitor is, since I haven't used it since becoming pregnant.

Not sure if I should call the doctor...I feel like my symptoms are so vague and they're going to tell me it's just anxiety.

Dragon, that does not sound good. I think you should call your doctor or at least go some place to have an accurate BP taken. What you are going through sounds really scary. I don't think that your OB would have any problem with you calling, especially since you have twins. Be careful and let us know how things turn out.

DH tested the bp monitor, and his showed 118/73, so I'm thinking mine is definitely elevated. He has a doctor appointment for himself in about an hour, and I'm going to go with him to see if they'll take my blood pressure. If it's still high, I'll call my doctor.

I'm glad you are getting it checked out. Keep us posted.

Got my bp taken, it was only 134/77...whew! I'm still getting some tightenings and back pain, but I think I'm ok. Both babies are moving fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->