Valentines Babies, 2013!

Dragon! Oh my goodness--I have been off for the weekend, and just now checking in---how exciting that the babies are coming! I am praying everything is going/has gone okay and that you are doing wonderfully! Hugs sent your way!!!

By the way, if anyone is still needing items and shops at Babies R Us, they have 30% off a lot of their online stuff today and their clearance section has tons of 60% off stuff online, too. Plus, free shipping! (I'm not trying to advertise for them, but I decided to browse the sale items today to see if it's anything that is on my "list" to get for baby---and I found a lot of stuff. I ended up saving $43.00 on things that I was going to buy anyways!)

Sierra, thanks for the update on the sale. I might pop over there just to see if there is anything I need. I have a 20% coupon from them that I need to use soon.

I'm guessing by no news that the babies are coming! Sending all of my thoughts and prayers to you and your beautiful babies, Dragon!

Thanks everyone, sorry I havent updated sooner. Were still hanging in there, still in the hospital. Not getting any sleep, having lots of side effects from the magnesium iv, so haven't had energy to really type. Tomorrow they're stopping the magnesium, and we'll see what happens..

Oh you must be exhausted! Lots of luck xxx

Oh bless you Dragon :hugs:

This place is like a waiting room of expectant Aunties! The first of our little group to be born! :cloud9: which baby dragon will it be?!

We are all cheering for you Dragon! You must be utterly exhausted after all this time. We are all praying for you and your two little ones.

Thanks! They took me off the magnesium in the middle of the night, because it was causing fluid build up in my lungs. I felt like I couldn't breathe and started panicking. I was a mess! Managed to doze a bit, maybe 3 hours total...then they took my catheter out this morning and let me take a shower and brush my teeth. It was heaven! Felt so good to move around after being stuck in bed for 3 days. Now I'm having some more regular contractions, but the steroids have had time to work so we're going to see what happens.

How scary, Dragon! :( I'm glad they took you off of the magnesium! Also glad the steroids have had time to work---I hope things continue to go well for you. Thank you for the updates! Praying for you!

Thank you for the update, Dragon! Fluid build up in the lungs does sound rather frightening and not exactly conducive to sleeping. I am glad that the steroids have had long enough to work and help develop those little lungs. Hooray for showers and feeling semi normal!

It's amazing how we take everyday things for granted! I'm glad you got a chance to feel a bit more human again. It sounds like it's been an exhausting 3 days, and I hope you get to rest some!

Because you ladies are the safest place for this... I have a small rant about one of my husband's co-workers.

Today his General Manager (who is a very nice fellow) came in to tell my husband that someone (who is currently unnamed - but we have a decent idea) is bringing sexual harassment charges against him. Apparently my husband - according to this "source" - has been going around and telling people that he has slept with 13 different women and that I was only with 1 other person before we were married. And that even now when he goes into a bar he tells women that he only has 30 minutes so they better make it fast.:saywhat:

These allegations are absolutely ridiculous. I knew that my DH had had sexual relationships before we were together, but I - on the other hand - had never engaged in sexual intercourse before our wedding night. Also to say that he is currently going to bars and engaging in liaisons is completely laughable. He has gone out 3 times with my SIL and acted as her date. The rest of the time we are normally in bed by 11pm at the latest. Unless DH has a very good body double I am pretty sure he hasn't been sneaking out...

I am just PO'd that someone would abase his character in such a way. He was/is a manager, but will be stepping down from that position come Jan 1 due to employees that constantly go over his head to other managers. I completely support this and he is 88% of the way to getting all the documentation he needs to begin his second (and more lucrative) career. The *ahem* person who is making this claims needs to be very, very glad that she is no where near me right now. Normally I am a calm, relaxed person, but do not mess with my family.:grr:

Kellen, I would be livid too. It's amazing how some people try to get attention, revenge, or whatever, by making up stories :( Hopefully other people can see through this person's motivations. If not, I'm so glad your DH can switch careers! It doesn't sound like a very healthy environment where he is. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this!

Kellen, that is HORRIBLE! I'm so sorry! I can't believe someone would do that to another person---especially a coworker. What the heck?! Argh. . . I'm so sorry!!

Is anyone else having strong/constant braxton hicks? I feel so silly, because this is my 3rd baby and I should know my body by now, but honestly this pregnancy has been SO different than the other 2. The last week or so I have about 8-9 strong and painful braxton hicks an hour. They're strong enough to have to stop what I'm doing and take a few deep breaths. I've been chugging water like a mad woman, since everything I google says drinking helps them stop. It's not working, lol.

I have a Doctor appointment tomorrow morning and will be sure to ask her if it's normal. I was just wondering if any of you get it too?

Also, on a side note, my 3-year-old said the sweetest thing to me today. She just turned 3 a month or so ago. I asked her what she hopes Santa will bring for Christmas. She said, "I just had a birthday and got enough presents. I don't need any more." I about died. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky :cloud9:

Dragon, I hope all is well! I've been sending positive vibes your way!

dragon, good luckw ith whatever today may bring!!!! keep strong.

kellen, thats awful! hope it gets sorted asap!!

wamommy, i am not even sure i know what a braxton hicks feels like...and this is my third too! i know i felt one mayb, where i felt everything tense, but i have had other moments where i feel very strong period like pains for a minute and then they go, could they be it? had two this morning.

But yours sound to be happening a little too often? You don't think baby is wanting to get here so he doesn't miss Santa? Definitely mention it to the doc. He it says it shouldn't be more often than 2 an hour...
https://www.babymed.com/labor-delivery/labor-it-true-false-or-braxton-hicks-contractions

But reading this I defiinately had one contraction yesterday, period pain in lower ab and aches down not my inside thighs....oh I shouldn't google!! But it went away when i slept so I guess i just overdid it yesterday. Both my boys were scheduled c sections so I don't even know what a true contraction feels like.
Oooh, our bodies are gearing up for D day!
this pregnany is so much more achey than my others too. i dont think i am designed to carry more than 3 babies. i dont trust this one to not come early, but i didnt worry at all about this with my other two. funny.

hope your bhs turn out entirely normal. But do get checked.

and bless your 3 year old! my 4 year old has been making a list since last boxing day!!
my 2 year old however said yesterday he didnt like father Chirstmas and he doesnt like presents....surely that will change.
i dont think the 2 year old has any idea what is really happening in my tummy. he said he had a baby in his tummy the other day. and i explained that no, she is only in mummys tummy and she will come out soon and live with us. a real little baby girl. to which he simply said no.no, i dont like the babies he said. oops, too late Sam! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->