Valentines Babies, 2013!

The job also has the bonus of starting off about $17k/year than I currently make. And when (I'm skipping "if") we move there my aunt and uncle have graciously offered us their travel trailer until we can find a more permanent abode. Also our little girl will get to grow up with her girl cousins who are 3, 5 and 7.

Oh my goodness---that's great!!! Just what a growing family needs! So nice of your family to help out, too! Fingers crossed for you!

And because I now have zero ability to concentrate at work I went and looked up the benefits that accompany this position. There is a daycare in the building I would work at. That was one of the major issues DH and I were having with living here. We had viewed a couple of places and gotten prices, but hadn't made any firm decisions. Being able to run down stairs several times a day and check on my baby would make life 100% better for me. Also Portland has awesome public transportation. Depending on where we live we probably won't need a second car thanks to the mass transit system there. I'm just a wee bit excited and completely random right now.

That's a HUGE plus! I keep trying to get my bosses to put a daycare upstairs---there is room for it and everything! I wouldn't need to work from home if there was a daycare at work. That's just fabulous! AND to save money on a second vehicle---heck yes! Sounds so wonderful---I really hope you get the position!!

DH and I are trying to figure out the car-situation. We have two vehicles that we like. One is within our budget, so we could buy it out-right, but it is older and might not last that long (1999). The other one is slightly out of budget, so we'd have to get a loan for it and make payments for a year, but it is a 2002 and may last longer. So, we're torn. . . Not sure what to do. . .Any awesome advice from you lovely ladies?

Kellen, the new job sounds wonderful!!! I'm a bit biased, being from Seattle, but I LOVE the Pacific Northwest, and think Portland is just amazing. Being closer to family is a huge bonus too, as is the pay increase AND the at-work daycare! It sounds like a great opportunity, and I will be crossing every finger that your interview goes well.

As for why my OB thinks I'll pop at 36 weeks, she says it's because my last labor was less than 2 hours (at 38 weeks) and I'm already showing symptoms of the early stages of labor. The thing is, I've been reading up on it (gotta love Google!) and I could technically walk around with these early contractions for WEEKS. Maybe it's just her gut? Maybe she's trying to make me get a move on and have everything ready just in case? I'll ask her more details at my appointment on Wednesday.

Helena, how you have the energy to have house guests I have no idea! Not to mention, I don't cook food like that when I'm NOT pregnant! I hope it's fun!

My goal for today is to get the covers for both pack and plays washed and put back on. I never washed them when I shoved them in the closet after DD outgrew them. I hate to think what kind of slobber/barf/pee etc is on those! Yuck... but it gives me a manageable goal for the day.

wamommy---I'm so curious--let us know what she says! I think your goal is very good for today! :)

Kellen, that new job sounds amazing! Good luck with the interview!

Both babies were smiling constantly today! It was so cute.

Attachments

• IMG_20121228_141315.jpg
    IMG_20121228_141315.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2012-12-28_14-05-43_193.jpg
    2012-12-28_14-05-43_193.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 5
:happydance: SO cute, Dragon!! My favorite are the long fingers in the second picture! :D What beautiful babies!

Good luck Kellen.

Today I am TIRED. Took the kids to a play center full of bouncy inflatable castles etc yesterday afternoon before rushing back to make dinner for our dinner guests.
dinner guests left at12.30.....tidied up and into bed by 1ish I guess. Them my youngest tried to get into my bed at 3.i took him back to his own. He came back an hour later, I hadn't the energy to take him back so let him in. He then wriggled and fidgeted for half an hour. Meanwhile DH snored...(only does after a few drinks)....
Slept again at 4ish. Both boys up at 6.30... And I had promised DH I would do the breakfast shift with the kids this morning since he had a few drinks...I am too kind.....

On the plus side, it was fun and my food was fabulous, even if I do say so myself. I highly recommend the menu, so easy and most done in advance, but looks like you put in effort :) I don't however recommend bed at 1am...Urgh....zzzzz. That's my socializing done until the summer...

How exhausting, Helena!! It's sounds like a wonderful day, though. Your DH is one lucky man, by the way! Taking the morning shift was really generous, especially since you didn't even get to have the drinks with him!

I'm up way too late pondering over more and more baby names. I have probably looked at thousands in the last few weeks. DH doesn't seem that interested, except to veto EVERY idea I have. He only does internet searches like, "manly baby names," "tough boy names," and "names Dads will love." We got in a bit of a fight last night over it. I'm just afraid he's going to back me into a corner just like last time, refusing to choose any name I like. Eventually I'll have to give in so that baby has a name! It's infuriating. I'm trying not to panic about it too much, but it's kind of important! :dohh:

How was everyone's weekend? What are your plans for New Years?

helena---kudos on a job well done entertaining! It sounds tiring, but also fun!!

wamommy--that's frustrating! Have you tried searching together so you can see the lists together? Maybe then it might be easier to find names you both agree on?

DH and I finally decided yesterday that the baby's middle name will be his father's middle name (his father passed when he was 13---so it was really important to DH to honor his father). I'm really excited about both names we have picked out---and can't wait to share them with you all once baby is born!

I felt yucky all day yesterday---not really sure why. Baby was moving, but not as much as usual. I think I caught a bug and it drained him, too. :( Poor guy. :( HOWEVER, after 5 hours of driving yesterday, DH and I picked out a great new (to us) car! It's a Land Rover---suitable to be good on winter roads with baby, and to haul all of our music equipment PLUS baby equipment whenever we have any concerts! :) We're very pleased. We pick it up for good this weekend. YAY for one more thing checked off the to-do list!

Other than that, DH put together the glider for the nursery and I finished baby laundry (for now). Tomorrow we go to the store and finish up the rest of our baby-shopping and I'll be ready for him to come! (Save for a few odds and ends that I want to do to the house before baby comes---and packing those darn hospital bags, which still hasn't happened!) lol

Wednesday I have another midwife appointment to see if baby has turned or if he is still transverse---he'd better hurry up and move---mommy is getting nervous! Also start our childbirth class Wednesday evening! It's all getting so real!!

Tonight we are having my family over for games and movies and food for New Year's Eve. I woudln't really call it "entertaining" because my family is all so easy-going and they are all bringing food. . .so not much work for me at all. ;)

Hope everyone is well!

Hi all, sounds like we are all busy in our ways.

Name decisions are so tough aren't they. I came up with a new one, despite the fact we are settled on one, but my 4 yet old just says no. Though he did say he would consider the name Pink Panther...funny boy.

We are staying home tonight maybe a takeaway curry and bed before midnight, so rock n roll! My late night entertaining last Saturday really did me in, I was rubbish all day. Want be doing that again in a hurry!
Anyone ave exciting plans to see in the new year?

We are settled on our name now finally and we are quite used to it now so no changing it for any reason!!! It took us long enough to agree on one!

We're having a quiet evening tonight. Just a family meal and then bed :haha:

Happy new year to you all!! We'll soon be able to say our babies are due this year! :wohoo::ignore:

What are his suggestions Wamommy?

That's the problem! DH only shouts out names that are half joking, and never seems to seriously stop and think. He suggests names like Angus, Diesel, and Tank, and then laughs... When I suggest a name he ruins it... For instance, I said "I like Henry," to which he answered "and his football team can shorten it to Hank!!" Ugh... I've asked him to make a serious list of 20 names and I will do the same, and then we can compare. Cross your fingers!

Everyone's plans sound wonderful, actually! Gone are the days of high heels and champagne on New Years, eh? :haha: We'll probably pop in a Tinkerbell movie and try to stay up until midnight. I like watching the fireworks from the Spaceneedle on our local TV. Maybe we'll order a pizza or something so I don't even have to cook!!

Sierra, the car sounds great! That's a huge one to cross off of your list. We have a tiny van called a Mazda5, or Mazda Premacy in some countries. It's technically a 6-seater, but the back row is tiny. To make it work will be a real stretch. I see us shopping for bigger vans in the near future!!

Happy New Year, ladies!! May this year bring our beautiful babies safe and healthy into this world! :flower:

Yes, definitely gone are the days of champagne and high heels. lol Part of me misses that, and part of me loves being home and relaxing!! :)

Thanks wamommy---we're so excited about the car---this will be our second car. . .because since I'll be working from home, I'll need a car to take to meetings/appointments while DH takes a vehicle to work. Plus, the Land Rover has been DH's dream vehicle---the year, make, and everything about it is what DH has dreamed of---so I'm pretty happy we were able to do that for him. :) And since it was used and an older year, it was right within budget!

I can definitely see you shopping for a car soon---sounds like it'll be really tight!!

I think so! We might be able to make it work... Right now my girls or in the middle row, and we usually drive around with the back row folded down for space. On the rare occasion that my 16-year-old step-daughter rides with us, we flip one back seat up. When the baby comes we're planning on putting the 2 little ones in the back row, taking out one middle seat (for easy access to the kids) and putting baby in the middle...sigh. It will be tight! Maybe my job today will be to clean out the car to try out the new arrangement??

Here's what it looks like:

Attachments

• mazda5.jpg
    mazda5.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
  • inside mazda5.jpg
    inside mazda5.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2
Wow. . .that's a cool vehicle! I'd definitely try the arrangement--and if it doesn't work, then you can start looking for something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->