Valentines Babies, 2013!

As I know I will be in hospital for at least 3 or 4 nights I wil be getting new pjs too :) but all the nursing ones I saw were long sleeved, and it will be warm in hospital. And I would prefer baby to have more skin contact while feeding, so I think I will try and find some nice vest tops I can team, with some nice pj bottoms. I will defiinately be taking makeup wamommy! And hair straighteners and any other necessaries to help me look nice in the photos! Got to look nice on Facebook. I may not glow, but I can fake it!

Must buy nursing bras next too..would you go for a cup size bigger than you are now? I remember waking like Pamela Anderson a few days after my babies were born! It was awesome..might take a bikini top for a quick photo before they shrivel for ever! Lol :)

:rofl: bikini top---LOVE IT!

I'm definitely taking makeup too. I told DH that we can't have any visitors until I put on makeup--so then if they take pictures, I'll at least look awake! ;) I'm tempted to ban everyone from visiting until after I shower, too. . but who knows. :)

Oh, and I bought a nursing bra the same size as my current bra---I was going to get a cup size bigger, but when I went to get measured last week, they actually said I was supposed to be wearing a cup size SMALLER right now than I was (WHAT?! They SHRUNK!?), so I figured if I got the same size bra I am wearing now, then it would *technically* be a cup size bigger according to last weeks' measure. . .

No makeup for me. The only time I ever put it on is a for a job interview, night at the theatre or the first work of week at a new place. I find it too much of a hassle to even bother... I guess I'm a bit lazy that way. If I need a touch up I grab mascara and that is about it.

I found a nursing bra/sports bra at Burlington Coat Factory for $5. I am actually wearing it now and it is quite comfy. Since it was so inexpensive I am going to go pick up 2 in a larger size and 2 more in my current size. I figure that $20 won't be a waste. :)

DH has courteously volunteered his bathrobe to be used while we are at the hospital. I have some old yoga pants and sleep pants that have seen better days that will be in use as well.

:rofl: about the bikini top, Helena! I remember the first few days after baby is born, and it is quite shocking how large they get!!

I haven't bought a nursing bra yet. I used a hand-me-down bra from my sister last time, and it was awful. She has large implants, so the bra was saggy and unsupportive on me. I took to wearing a regular bra and just pulling it up while I tried to breastfeed. It was NOT ideal!! This time I will definitely buy a couple. I think I'll stick to the same band size, but one size up in cup size? I'm really not sure! The bras you found sound like a steal, Kellen! There's a Burlington not far from me, maybe I'll check it out today.

I didn't think I was too worried about make-up until I look back at those pictures from the last two births! I look AWFUL. It's normal to look tired... you just had a baby for goodness sakes! But I look sickly and unhappy, which I wasn't. I just want to be able to look back at the photos and focus on the joy of the whole event, instead of not even wanting to look at them because of how hideous I was...lol.

My son woke me at 1.30am. I settled him then bak o my bed. Had some awful period like pains, not sure it was diarrhea like pains or contractions!..laid on my left quietly for an hour with them coming and going and drifted off to sleep again. Other son woke me. I put him back to bed and it started agin. Did the same and eventually slept. Mildly achy today... Maybe it is linked o the gastro or norovirus I had the other day, and I had eaten pizza at8pm, but it concerned me for sure!..
It's the fact that I haven't had a number 2 since the gastro that makes me wonder if the two are linked...sorry tmi? But the pains were like period cramps and down into tops of legs and thighs ..so I'm not sure...I wondered if it was the shock of being shouted for by my son at 1.30 and jumping out of bed..maybe baby thought it was her time!?
On another note, wow was I thirsty yesterday eve!...

I am with you on wanting to look nice in photos wamommy. I want my pictures to live on after me with my daughter and I would rather look nice. I wear makeup every day, but its subtle so people probably don't notice. Though they would notice if I didn't :)

I measured myself today so I can shop for nursing bras, and I went up THREE cup sizes! Crazy, since I was already an H cup...I look like a comic book character lol! I also weighed myself, and I'm 4 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight. Gotta love lactation! I'm pumping 7-10 oz every three hours at this point.

Good work dragon!!!! Xxx

Tummy aches seem to have subsided since I have been moving about so maybe it was digestive.. Doh x

Hi all. Thought I would give you an update.

I've developed Gestational Diabetes and also baby is rather large (7lbs yesterday) and a footling breech (the most unlikely and difficult to turn) so it looks like I may be having an elective c section around 38 weeks! We will finalise the delivery plan at the next scan on 8th January.

I'm fine though, have to prick my finger 4 times a day to test for sugar levels and take Metformin and watch diet. But it's only for a little while longer and will be beat for baby that we will be able to manage the levels.

Hope everyone else is doing ok! Not long now!!

Oh Jo, maybe we will be around the same time - I am on the 1st. Gt my letter the ther day confirming I am to turn up at 10.30. So maybe my op will be early afternoon. My ticker says 28 days away!! Then we are 38+1.
Sorry to hear you are having complications though. This hasn't been the most stressfree pregnancy for you has it! 7lb already, healthy plump baby! Oh she will be so cuddly!

All the best xxx

Jo--I'm sorry to hear about the GD! I'm glad you have such a positive attitude about it, though, and are taking measures to take care of you and baby! If you all keep having c sections, I'll be all on my own waiting for baby after February 1st or so! ;)

helena---I find it so hard when there is digestive pain! It scares you because it feels like something is happening, so you're paying attention to every pain there is. lol Glad you're okay though!!

Dragon--that is SUPER about the weight loss! I can't wait---I hope I have luck like that! Three cup sizes is INSANE! Oh my goodness--I don't know if I'll be able to hold myself up with that dramatic of a size difference! lol

So here's a question for the ones who already have babies----does your breast size shrink after you feed each time? If so, then how does a bra EVER fit?

Helena! We might actually have them the same day then! How exciting knowing the time she will arrive!

Thanks hun. No it's not been straight forward at all! But I still wouldn't swap it for the world. It will be worth it :cloud9:
I'd rather a planned section than an emergency one as at least hubby can arrange to take some time off to help me out and we can plan stuff in.

Oh Sierra! You have to make it to Valentines Day! One of us has to give birth on 14th!!

Oh Sierra! You have to make it to Valentines Day! One of us has to give birth on 14th!!

haha--I'll try my best as long as the rest of you keep posting pictures of your beautiful babies while I jealously wait for mine to come! ;)

Jo - I am sorry to hear about your GD, but I am glad that you are taking it in stride. Your positive and sunny outlook are a real blessing. I'm not sure I would be so calm or happy if I found out about all the different complications.

Helena - It is way cool that you and Jo will be having your babies on the same day. I hope that your stomach settles down and behaves its self.

Sierra - I'm in the same boat as you. We'll be waiting around here looking at adorable babies and wondering when ours are finally going to come. I am hoping she comes a week or so early, but I'm sort of counting on her being late. I guess we'll see...

Dragon - I'm glad that you seem to be having a decent time with pumping and getting your two adorable babies fed. That is awesome that you are actually 4lbs below pregnancy weight. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get back down once my little one arrives. I know breastfeeding helps, but it is nice to have the poster-child for it on here with us!

Oh yes Jo, see if you can request the 1st ;)

My pains last night were so period like...I feel like a first time mum, since I have never had a proper contraction.

Boob wise they do shrink gradually over time. Pretty much back to pre pregnancy size. They do shrink slightly after each feed but only a bit. More a change in texture..like before the feed they are like rocks, then baby feeds and they deflate and go softer. Floppier. We do go through a range of bra sizes over the breastfeeding experience though it is true!..

Jo, BOO for more complications!! Luckily your LO has you for a Mommy, and you're doing everything right for the both of you. It will be kind of nice to know which day she's coming to prepare, though! And as Helena said, she'll be beautifully fluffy and cuddly when she's born :D

Dragonfly, good job on the weight loss! Wow! I will definitely be trying to breastfeed again this round, and you've given me yet ANOTHER reason to do it! Wowzers.

Helena, I'm glad the period pains have gone away. I hope it's just digestive! I'm back to the first-trimester #2 blues, where I'm lucky to go every 2 or 3 days. It's very uncomfortable :(

Kellen, how did your interview go?

Sierra, I may be around here on February 14th, who knows?? I secretly hope not! :haha: I already feel like my tummy is going to rip open! We should all guess which day babies will come and see who can get closest, lol.

Ultimately, no matter how or when they all get here, I'm so thankful for each of our babies that enters the world, wet and squirming, full of innocence and promise. We're all almost there!!!

Unfortunately the interview was not all that I had hoped for. The first issue was that it was a group interview, which I had not been informed about. Also I was the only one calling in so I did not have the benefit of knowing when people were either A) pausing or B) finished speaking. Secondly apparently I was supposed to have been sent a list of questions that we would be asked so that I could prepare... Never saw these questions so I had to answer off the top of my head.

I did email the person who had arranged the interview and explained my position (this was after I clung to DH and sobbed about how awful I had done). She apologized since she was supposed to have attached the questions for me in an email. She said that she would let the hiring board know that I had been placed at a disadvantage. I will hear back on Monday whether or not I advanced to round 2.

Argh! I'm so sorry, Kellen! How frustrating :growlmad: Hopefully the board will take it all into consideration and realize that you WERE at a significant disadvantage! I've done only one phone interview in my life, but I remember it being really stressful. Not being able to read someone's body language makes it really tough. I'm sure you did better than you thought, though. Fingers crossed for good news! The Pacific Northwest is an amazing place to live, and it sounds like a great move for your whole family.

Wamommy - I had exactly the same thought today - that my tummy may actually rip open soon! I think I used the same word about 20 minutes ago. I have no idea how I can grow for 28 more days..and that is cutting 13 days off the genuine target of due date..it's amazing. I can no longer cross my legs sitting at a table, I waddle like an overweight penguin in pain. Or groan like a 90 year old when I get up. Good lord, this s the most pregnant I have ever felt in any of my pregnancies!
My kids and husband have been off school / crèche / work for the last 2 weeks but go back next Monday. How I will cope with school runs etc again I have no idea..I must find a way to get mobile again, feel I have slowed down over the holidays! I need maternity leave now, such a pity it isn't heading my way!...

Sorry the interview wasn't all you hoped for kellen...fingers crossed all will work out x

Sorry about the interview Kellen. It might be better than you think though x fx'd!

I hear you on the waddling Helena! It's getting tough now that's for sure. I was thinking the same thing about Christmas. I think it was such a busy time before Christmas that I wore myself out, then slowed down when hubby was off work and then found it hard to start again.

I can't even get comfy on the sofa now. I have to perch on the end or just lay down on the bed. I feel like a beached whale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->