Valentines Babies, 2013!

Oh let us know about your appointments. Good luck ladies.

I am with you Jo, tell them it makes you stressed out. Surely they want to avoid stress!

Thanks, Sierra :D I leave for my appointment in an hour, and will be sure to update you when I get back!

Dragon, SO cute! I'm so glad they're finally home! Hopefully they will work out a little bit of a schedule so that you can rest!

Jo, why would they change their mind? If she moves will they want you to try vaginal? Argh! That would be so tough after preparing yourself mentally for things to go one way... I'm so glad Helena can prep you for C-section, and that she has such a positive outlook on it! I'm totally clueless about that, and if I end up with a section I won't know what to do with myself! Luckily, I'm only 15 minutes from the hospital, so DH can always run home for anything I didn't pack for a longer stay.

Off to shower and go. Here's to hoping I haven't gained more than 3 pounds this WEEK.... lol.

I love appointments---any chance to hear baby's heartbeat and update me on him, and I love it! :) Can't wait to hear how yours goes! Last appointment, I was one pound from gaining 30 pounds total. . .so I'm sure I'll be disappointed at my weight tomorrow. lol Ah well. . this little guy is SO worth it! ;)

Thanks girls xx

Wamommy - if she has moved out of the breech position they will induce me as I'm not allowed to go full term because of the GD. So I assume (based on the horrible MW yesterday) that if baby has moved and I'm on the operating table, they could change their mind and induce me :shrug: :shock: it's really starting to panic me now. I just want to know because both could mean a longer stay in hospital than I had planned but both for very different reasons!

It is great that Helena has been through it already though! I've been looking at what to pack and there is more to think of with a c section!

Jo--that's just sooooo hard! I can't believe that! I hope you can say something and avoid that situation!

Back from the Doctor! It was a confusing appointment. I had my iron checked again, and was slightly low still... sigh. GroupB strep swab, fun fun!! Then she checked for dilation. Apparently I'm only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced, which was a little surprising, but she explained to me why. Baby is back to back, which is causing my horrible back pain. She recommended that I spend some time on my hands and knees each day swaying, trying to get baby to turn around. Second, she said my cervix is posterior. I had no idea a cervix could have different positions. Apparently they can be in front of baby's head, right on top of baby's head, or behind baby's head. Mine is way behind. She says this is ok, but that what usually happens is that a woman with a posterior cervix has a slow early phase of labor, but once they hit 5 cm the cervix pops down and the baby comes very quickly.

All in all I left very confused! I'm not as progressed as I would have guessed, but if I progress more I could suddenly be in fast and furious labor? Or what if the cervix refuses to move? I wish I'd asked more questions. Ah well... I have an appointment next Wednesday and can find out more then. I did gain 3 pounds in the past 2 weeks :blush: I'm almost to 30 pounds too, Sierra! I think I'm up to about 29.something gained.

I can't wait to hear about everyone else's appointments. I can't believe how close we're getting, and how real this all is!

I think I will really exaggerate how stressed it will make me and just start crying about everything if they say that's a possibility! I've not really used my pregnancy to it's full advantage so far :haha: so I will do my best to get what I want! :smug:

Oh Wamommy! I would be confused too! Maybe write down te questions that spring to mind now so you don't forget? If you are anything like me at the moment, you'll forget your own name from time to time!!

You can always ring them to check things too x

wamommy---that is really confusing! I would ring them and ask your questions. . .or if you aren't that worried about it, definitely write down your questions for next week!

Glad to know I'm not alone on nearing 30 pounds!

I'm kind of jealous that you got your cervix checked already---I don't think my office does that until 39 weeks! So, I could be walking around ready to go, and have no clue! :( It's a midwife office, though, so they try to not be too invasive until necessary. . .natural is the way they like to leave things if they can . . . But still . . .how exciting it must be to at least know that you are dilated/effaced a bit!

Jo---definitely use pregnancy to your advantage! Tears go a LONG way sometimes! :D

My office just started a pool---people have to pay a dollar and they can guess the weight of the baby. If they are the closest to baby's birth weight, then they get to either keep all of the money or donate it to DH & I for diapers. :) Everyone keeps coming into my office to "measure" my belly to see if they can get a good guess! :haha: It's very entertaining! So far I've heard: 7lbs 8oz, 8lbs 4oz, 8lbs 1oz, 7lbs 4 oz, and 7lbs even. I would love it if people would guess 6lbs or so. . .lol. . .those 8lb numbers scare me a bit! ;)

By last Friday I was up 30.8 pounds. I win! ;)

Oooooh peanut brittle!! I could murder a cake or cookie or something really sweet right now!

Only a few more weeks and I can eat sugar again!

That's so tough on you Jo. I not know how u are coping. My sweet cravings are massive just now, I guess it goes with being so tired.

Happy 36 weeks!

I don't know helena, I'm guessing I'll be higher than that after today's weigh at my appointment---I'll have to let you know! ;)

According to one website we should have gained 33 pounds. Brilliant, we are practically waifs! https://www.veria.com/pregnancy-parenting/36-weeks-pregnant-baby-is-no-longer-classified-as-a-premie

I totally beat you all in weight gain, but apparently as a thin person before pregnancy my midwife is actually thrilled that I have gained *gulp* 40lbs. I feel massive. However, when she looked at my gain and then looked at me she said: "Where have you put it? You're still tiny!" Thanks... makes me feel soooo much better.

Jo - I'd be upset too if I couldn't plan. I'm a planner by nature so I completely understand why you are in a semi-state of panic. It would be nice if they would just tell you one way or the other instead of letting you dangle.

I had a horrible dream last night. I dreamt that I had a placental abruption that I didn't know about and my little girl was stillborn. Almost woke DH to tell him about it, but didn't. Apparently it stuck on my face and I finally told him this morning and cried for a good 10 minutes. I am taking comfort in the fact that my girl has some pretty strong hiccups going on right now and is very wiggly.

Your pictures never looked like you gained that much Kellen! Way to go for hiding it! :)

That dream sounds so horrendous! :( I would cry, too! Placental abruptions are SO scary! We talked about them in my childbirth class last night---apparently it takes a mother 3 minutes to bleed out from a placental abruption. . .And that's just enough time to do an emergency c-section (that's what they said)! Scared the crap out of me! :( I told DH last night that this whole time I had thought the scariest times were behind me after going through my first miscarriage and carrying this baby to full term. . .but I totally forgot about all of the complications that can happen during LABOR! Oh my goodness!

So, remember how I said my husband and I are musicians? (I've been on break with the last bit of this pregnancy.. . so sometimes it's hard to even remember! lol) Well, we just booked THREE really big shows for the middle of March! I kind-of feel like I'm going to drown trying to do that so soon, but they were so lucrative that I couldn't pass them up! We have babysitters lined up to go WITH us, too, so that baby won't be far from me---and baby can listen to our shows if he isn't crying. :) So......we're praying for baby to come EARLY so I have more time to heal before then!

So excited. . . but. . .. . Am I CRAZY?! :wacko:

Sounds fantastic Sierra! Wish i could come too! :)

Oh my, the placenta business sounds terrifying.nd the dream! Oh my. I am not going to read up about it. I read a birth story of someone the other day who nearly bled out, and a girl I know had something similar happen to her though I forget why. Both stories involved a big bleed but luckily they were already at the hospital so could get help, otherwise it would have been fatal.....flippin heck....good thing is they both are ok, and there must have been signs or they wouldn't have gone to hospital, already?!...I don't know, I am keeping my head in the sand before I get all panicked...
I think things like this may be why i am so much more anxious about tis c sec than before. If there are complications there is so much more to be lost. I mean, I am not just me, not just a wife, but a mummy to two already who need me...
Oh can't wait for it all to be over.

I can't wait for us all to have our babies safely in our arms, so we don't have to worry about all of the things that could go wrong! It truly is terrifying.

Sierra, the show sounds great!! I am so jealous! What a cool way to start to introduce LO to music and culture. He'll soak it all in! Let us all know how the appointment goes today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->