Valentines Babies, 2013!

I so need to go bra shopping, hating wire ones now.

Dragon - i have gained about 3 kilo so far, 6.6lbs? Think I am going to be massiiiive!!!

https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_DA06F3A2.jpg

Breast feeding is fab for weight loss, I lost all my baby weight with my first in 3 months. It went straight from me back to baby! Doctor said the baby's weight gain in the first 3 months was amazing! :)

Pheww.....thanks Helena I have been reading all the post on weight gain and was about to go on a diet:haha: until i read yours!I have gained 3kilos already and i feel like an elephant already!!!I ganed 10kilos with my first pregnancy but hoping I dont gain that much

I gained almost 17 or 18 kilos with my first I think!! Still, it all went afterwards. 10 is nothing. I will have gained that by 20 weeks!!

Back from camping today, it was fun. Sleeping on a thin mattress was ok, I got a special bucket with a lid for my hourly night pees and I had virtually no nausea for three days!! Yay!

Glad to hear you all have good news. Love the scan pics munchkin! And it's great news about your working from home Sierra. And what a cute bump!

Wamommy and dragnflywing, looking good!! X

All of the bump pictures are awesome. I'm not a big fan of mine. DH decided to take a picture while I was making tired faces at him so I cropped out my head. He also kept wanting me to flash him... :haha: Men!

Anyways, I don't think my bump is all that awesome, but it is getting there. It looks better under clothes, but DH wanted a "bare belly shot" so that is what you're all getting. Uploading this is way more fun that writing about policy analysis and how policy problems should dictate whether or not to use quantitative or qualitative methods of analysis. Why did I think I really needed a doctorate? Oh that is right... the six figure salary I'd like to achieve!

Attachments

• SAM_0207.jpg
    SAM_0207.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 2
My bump is disguised by a layer of post-DD bulge so it's not really looking all that great yet! Hoping I pop soon! :wacko:

I think your bump is cute, Kellen! Your OH sounds like a jokester, but in a fun, good way.

GlitterandBug, I hear ya! I'll bet you'll pop super soon being your second.

I think your bump is cute, Kellen! Your OH sounds like a jokester, but in a fun, good way.

GlitterandBug, I hear ya! I'll bet you'll pop super soon being your second.

Hope so! I just look chunky still, lol!

Lovely bump Kellen. Glitter bug, I also bet you will just pop overnight, I swear I did. It's like one day it moved up a bit and WHAM! Going swimming with my kids and some friends today, feeling a bit shy about showing my belly off since I feel I am too big too soon....but there is no hiding it in a bikini! ...unless I breathe in the whole time!?hehe

Had a weird moment in the night says night, woke at 4 or 5 feeling like. Was shakin, like someone was shaking the bed or there was an earthquake. For about 8 or 10 seconds then it went. All very odd, not sure if it's pregnancy related or not. I had dinner, pasta, at 8 ish so it shouldn't have been low blood sugar etc should it? Was so weird, full body shaking feeling. Not sure if I imagined it now?!

Wow helena, that's scary. It sounds like a fluke thing, but very weird. If it happens again, I'd definitely call the doctor!

Kellen---love the bump! I need to take some bare belly shots!

I'm struggling with headaches a lot in the last week or so. I have one about every other day! :( Last night was a migraine that it hurt to move, look at light or anything. It's still slightly there this morning. . .I'm hoping I make it through work. I dont' know whether it's normal or something to be concerned about (the internet gives me conflicting advice!). Anyone else struggling with headaches? :(

Sierra, I have struggled with headaches since I was a tiny person myself and can track my hormonal cycle via my migraines. However, with this pregnancy I have been having migraines more frequently for extended periods of time (try 72 hours instead of 12-20). My midwife said it was normal since the baby is producing extra hormones that tend to trigger my headaches anyways. The only advise they could give me was take Tylenol, drink a 20oz Coke, take Benedryl and try to pass out to avoid the pain.

Thanks for all the lovely comments on my "bump." I've taken to wearing my DH's jean shorts since none of mine will close right now! He finds it amusing. Now I look awesomely gantsa with my saggy pants that are way too long (I'm 5'5" he's 6'4"... just imagine!)

In other news today... I can feel my baby wiggling! This is only the second time and I'm about to burst into awesome happy tears at work. Also every family member in my phone now knows... lol I'm a bit OCD when it comes to baby updates.

That's awesome, Kellen! I haven't been feeling them much since my uterus moved up a bit, but I still feel a little nudge once a day or so.

Kellen :haha: I do the same. I was really busy this week and didn't send a weekly fruit update with the latest things the baby was doing and today when I spoke to my mum she said she was sad that she didn't get the weekly update last week.
I said, I will send you this week's on Thursday and she said "but I'll still get last week's too won't I?"

So at least I know my mum appreciates the text updates haha!

Sierra, I'm so sorry you're struggling with head aches. I get them too, usually one a day, and it lasts 2-3 hours. It's too weird. I'll be fine one minute, and then can barely move my eyeballs the next. I just drink a ton of water and wait it out. My poor kids are getting way too used to me saying, "PLEASE keep it down, my head hurts!" I'd say if it's something you're worried about, call your Doc and talk it over with them. Even if they say it's normal at least you'll have piece of mind. That's what they're there for!

It's great to hear that everyone is feeling movement! I'm almost positive that I have too, but am afraid to get too excited until I'm "sure." Sheesh... this is #3 I should recognize it!! Haha. I'd have to say feeling movement is the coolest thing about being pregnant :)

Jo, that's so cute about your Mom! It's nice to know that she looks forward to and appreciates your updates. Is this her first grandchild?

Hope everyone is feeling well today!

Yep 1st grandchild on both sides of the family :D

wamommy---so glad to hear I'm not the only one getting them! (But so sorry to hear you have them so often). It's so weird what our bodies go through!

I haven't felt movement in a bit now. . .but I am still not completely sure what it feels like. . .and there are an awful lot of gas bubbles down there :haha: I can't wait until baby is bigger and gives me big strong kicks! :)

Jo, exciting!! No wonder they're over the moon!!! This will be my Mom's 6th, so she's excited, but not in a oh-my-gosh-finally-a-grandbaby! way. It's ok though, in a way it takes some pressure off of me that my sister provided the first 3 grandbabies :)

Sierra, that's the weird thing about movement. It feels really similar to little gas bubbles at first, so it's so hard to tell. I always tell people to use one finger and LIGHTLY tap the back of your other hand. That's what it feels like to me at first. I "think" I felt it last night when I was lying on my side. I took a gigantic deep breath and felt that tapping for a second. So cool!

Sierra/wamommy - i'm suffering with headaches on and off too :cry: I'm still v anxious about the pregnancy which isn't helping but I don't think it's uncommon at this stage either to have them. Don't remember them with DD tho!!

Edit: Kellen - sorry, I missed that you were having headaches too :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->