Valentines Babies, 2013!

Baby is here! I'll type the story later- a bit traumatic! But Camden Edwin arrived today at 3:28 am. Tons of reddish brown hair like Dh and I combined... and 8 lbs 7 oz. Just gorgeousl! We're doing well but had a scary time of it. More later... must sleep....

Omg Sierra! Can't wait for full story, but congratulations on Camden's arrival!! Wooooohooooooo! Xxxxxxxxx

Congrats Sierra!!!!! :yipee:
Welcome to the world Camden Edwin!!!!

Oh wamommy, I feel you. I cried a lot boobie feeding my first. Lots, it was agony. And it does rule your life. Pumping saved me 1st time - gave my bleeding nips time off, and the cups / shells helped this time. Nipple shields also helped 1st time - took a bit of pain away.

Hang in there. If you have done your best and it doesn't work then what more can you do? Establishing breastfeeding with more kids to see to is so very hard, pain aside. W just don't have as much time to sit and feed as we did 1st time.

Hang in there, hormones and sleep derivation makes the world a tough place. Short term. We understand.i am there on and off. This second week was much easier... do find a few minutes for you. even if its ten minutes xxxxx

Congratulations, Sierra!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! I hope you are able to get some rest, and so excited that Camden has arrived! :yipee:

Thank you Jo and Helena for your kinds words :hugs: I'm sure things will get better. It's so easy to remember all of the excitement and happiness of having a baby, and somehow we forget that it comes with some pretty tough times too! I guess that's what makes us have more than one, haha.

I'll try to figure out some way to make today a better day. Perhaps I'll take an extra long shower (my only alone time of the day) and paint my toenails! It may seem so silly, but even THAT might make me feel more human :)

Congratulations Kellen and Sierra! Welcome to the world, babies!

The twins are doing well, Gunnar is 7.5 lbs already and Lilja is 6.5, do they are gaining great. As for me though, I'm showing some signs of postpartum depression and having some trouble coping. Going too bed now, hoping to get a few precious hours of sleep...trying to get on a schedule because I have to go back to work full time on Wednesday. I don't know quite how I'm going to manage.

Oh dragon, sorry to hear you aren't feeling great. Is there no chance your doctor could sign you off sick for a while? Postnatal depression is tough. Have you mentioned it to a doctor or midwife?
I have been super emotional but it's just post partum hormones I am sure, started the day after baby we born..I think real post natal depression kicks in from two weeks after birth? Kind of when the usual post partum hormones are calming slightly? I do hope you are ok. Xx
Seems so early to work :( though maye you ae one of those women who will love a working mom! good luck! Xxx

Dragonfly, I'm so sorry you're having a hard time :( Have you spoken to your Doctor about it? I'm glad you're keeping an eye on it and hopefully once you're on a schedule with work and sleep it will get better. :hugs:

How is everyone doing? I'm so anxious to hear from everyone about their babies and births.

Well, I'm beyond frustrated. My waters broke last night about 6.30pm. I've had nothing since, no contractions, nothing. Other than a bit of blood this morning. Grrrr. Got to go in to be checked over shortly, they will then give me until this evening to start naturally. I don't want to be induced!!!!

Eeeek! Blue_bear, how exciting!! I know you don't want to be induced :( but thinking that either way you'll have your baby by tomorrow is SUPER exciting!! :D Come ON, Baby-bear... time to get moving!!

It will be soon then blue bear! Exciting!! Good luck!

All ok with us, though its hard work having three! My middle baby isn't convinced the baby is a good idea so I can't leave him alone with her incase he decides to sit n her..but he will come round in time I am sure :)

I am tired. Kiara made lots of noises in the night las night and was feeding every two hours. I think she is feeding too often and is making noises as a result of her digestive system going into overdrive. Similar thing happened with my first baby. It's like she needs comfort so feeds, then two hours after she needs to poop and gets noisy with it. Then she gets a bit of trapped wind and cries and needs comfort again, so comfort feeds and then the cycle continues, comfort feed, sore tummy, comfort feed, sore tummy.... The nights she only feeds every 3 or 4 hosts she is much happier. That way I think her little tummy gets a break and she doesn't get such digestive troubles. So I need to make sure when she feeds she has a big feed so won't be back for more for a few hours.. It's so easy to just let her have a little in the night, then she doses off and I go back to sleep. Really I need to wake her and make her have a proper big feed..must wake myself up more too rather than send night feeds thinking "oh I can't wait until I can snuggle down and sleep again in a few minutes!"....
Hoped to have her weighed today but the nurse wasnt available for some reason or other.

Hope you are ok dragon.
And Sierra, how is it going?
Blue bear, hoping you are in labour right now!
Jo, how is your lovely little one doing?
Wamommy, any more sleep for you?
Kim and Kellen, how's baby doing? Hoping the jaundice is getting better.
Kellen, did baby come home now?

Sending you all happy baby and birth vibes Xxx

Hello everyone! I'm typing this with one hand since Camden refuses to.stop crying today unless he is held... we've been home for only 4 hours... he's been super fussy after his circumcision... I'm not sure what to do... he was amazing before the circ... makes me feel bad :(

I'm totally in love with this little guy.... :)

Anyways the birth story is coming as well as a picture as soon as I can get a chance to get to my computer instead of my phone :). I'm reading though and sending hugs to you all!

Glad you're home, Sierra! I'm sorry to hear Camden is having a hard time :( Marc had an easier time with his circ, as long as his diaper was dry at all times. Any peepee and he screams! I can't wait to hear the whole birth story :D

Blue-bear, I can't believe you're still preggo! Looks like LO wants to be fashionably late to the party... lol. Sending you labor dust!! :dust:

Helena, I'm going through the same thing here! Baby sleeps soundly all day. I have to wake him to even eat! At night he is off and on the whole night. He doesn't scream, but he whimpers and rolls around. I'm more than exhausted... I bet you are too! I'm having severe guilt about my 3-yr-old. She was my baby, and I feel like she's hurt or feels displaced. I can't cuddle with her the same way because I'm always feeding or pumping :( I hope we settle into a routine soon. At the very least I need to stop yelling "SSSSHHHH, the baby is sleeping!" I feel like a crap mom!

Doing ok, back to work tomorrow. I actually feel quite a bit better after getting some sleep two nights in a row. Maybe I was just sleep deprived, not depressed.

I took Lilja to a speech therapist today for her eating issues, and it looks like she has some weak jaw muscles, which are causing her to have to work extra hard to suck, which leads to her falling asleep and not finishing her bottles. We got some exercises to do, and we have to go back every eek for 10 weeks, yuck!

We came home yesterday. Now typing one handed while nursing. Teagen is amazing. I will type more later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->