Valentines Babies, 2013!

wamommy---he is gorgeous! Oh so exciting!! I think it's cute that your DH wanted to name him Marc! How are you feeling?

I'm hanging in there. DH is torn--he wants to meet baby so badly right now, but also thinks it'll be nice to have another weekend to ourselves! :haha: I think he is realizing very quickly that things are never going to be the same! I, on the other hand, although I would love time with DH, am anxious to get these chubby little feet out of my ribs! :)

Haha, I'll bet, Sierra!

I'm feeling surprisingly ok. I only had a minor tear this time (yay!) so that's great. The only ouchie thing is the after pains. Apparently they get worse with each baby, and I'd have to say that's true. It feels like early labor pains still! They sent me home with vicodin, but it gives me a big headache. I'm just loading up on Ibuprofin and waiting it out for a couple of days.

Any news from Kellen?

wamommy---he is gorgeous! Oh so exciting!! I think it's cute that your DH wanted to name him Marc! How are you feeling?

I'm hanging in there. DH is torn--he wants to meet baby so badly right now, but also thinks it'll be nice to have another weekend to ourselves! :haha: I think he is realizing very quickly that things are never going to be the same! I, on the other hand, although I would love time with DH, am anxious to get these chubby little feet out of my ribs! :)

:) me too. I am a bit fed up but dont mind another week! Xx

Ooo--the afterpains don't sound fun at all! I'm glad you're okay other than that!

Here is my Lil Brianna.

We doing well and c section recovery isnt that bad. Still in hospital

Goodluck to everybody who is yet to deliver their babies

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 4
Two very beautiful babies there girls, well done!!

Wamommy, my after pains when feeding baby were horrendous too. So so awful. Having never gone through full labor I can't compare them to anything, I just know they were awful, I wonder if there were worse after a c section? Maybe it makes sense that they could be worse if there is a big incision there in the uterus.
If not and it is only like early labor then you girls who give birth we so tough! Xx

What a beautiful baby, Kim! I love those chubby cheeks :D

Oh Helena, I can't imagine how after pains must feel with a csection incision! It makes me cringe just thinking about it. I know it's what is best for the body to go back to normal, but OUCH!

Marc's face is changing today! I think he was super swollen from the fast birth, because today his eyes aren't as puffy. It's amazing watching him and thinking that just a couple of days ago he was inside. What a cool thing childbirth is! I'm feeling proud of my body today, despite the large marsupial pouch I'm sporting :dohh:

congrats wamommy and kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance:

I know wamommy, each time it happened and I was wriggling my legs in agony. Kept telling myself t sans making me thin and beautiful! Lol.

Inlaws left this morning, my home is my own. Yaaaay! And Kiara is 2 weeks old today :)
Midwife due a home visit any minue, hoping Kiara has put on some weight, she isn't gaining as fast as they would like, probably because she was 3 weeks early. Fingers crossed I have fattened her up a bit by now..pumping and feeding direct at the same time is hard work. I don't always pump in the night as I am so tired, but I try at least once a night.

Hoping the new babies are doing well. Kim and Jo, how are you feeling post c sections?

Wamommy - we are a bit the same, waiting for a nickname to fit. I always thought Kiara was a bit of a mouthful but so far we have used her full name. Occasionally I say KiKi but we will see if it sticks.

Ok, best be ready for midwife, have a good day all xxx

Yay, 100g gained in 3 days :) happy.

Post op recovery going great over here! Nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be at all!

We are still using Olivia's full name too. We would probably go with Liv or Livvi but I'm quite liking her full name at the moment.

Beautiful little girl Kim!!

Glad Kiara gained, helena! Keep it up little girl!!

Jo--glad post op is going well! I keep reading your journal---so excited about Olivia's progress!!

Still pregnant here. . . :D Going to the midwife in 2.5 hours--and I'm hoping I'm more dilated and that I get a sweep! We'll see!!! :)

I'm so bummed ladies! :( I went to my appointment and the midwife basically refused to check me! She said they checked last week and they don't want to "stir" things up down there unnecessarily! :( So, they didn't check me, and they didn't do a sweep! :( I know it's ridiculous, but now I feel like this baby will be in here forever! :( And I know it's silly, but I was really hoping that today would be my last day at work (I'm off tomorrow and was hoping I'd have the baby before next week)---I'm just so sore and uncomfortable all of the time---it's hard to sit here at work! But I refuse to use my leave time early because I need it for baby! :( I'm just all-around bummed. I can really use some labor dust if you'all have some to spare! ;)

Thanks for listening to me whine. . .

All in all. . they say baby is healthy, and still guessing he is over 8lbs! :)

ARGH!!! I understand the frustration, Sierra! Sending labor dust your way!! :dust:

Jo, so glad you're doing well :) I LOVE the nickname Liv!

Helena, yay for gaining :) Kiki is cute, too! Oh, hurry up nickname! I'm getting tired of calling LO Baby or Brother :dohh:

I hope Kellen is alright?

Just back from our pediatrician's office. Marc looks great! He's lost 6.5 oz, but the Dr. says that's not bad and not to worry. Other than that, the new baby check went very well!

Great news wamommy!
Kiara must be having a growth spurt, she is feeding every 2 hours, day and night for the last 2 days. I am shattered. And the baby weight is melting away! About 10kilos gone already. 22 pounds?
Hang in there Sierra, you time will come soon xxxx

I'm getting so impatient now. I want to meet my baby!

Good to hear all you new mummies and babies are doing well xx

Glad to hear babies are doing so well! 22lbs already Helena?! Wow! I pray mine melts away that quickly! Good job!

Blue bear- I'm completely there with you! :). Soon!!!!

I know Sierra, it is crazy in 2 weeks. I had night sweats nearly every night since birth, I read that was the body's way to get rid of excess water retension. I must have had some serious water bloat!!
It seems ages ago I was pregnant..kind of miss it. Though not too much ;) I do feel for you with the aches and pains. Though soon it will be long forgotten.
Who will be next!?
It's crazy so many hav been born and we haven't reached due date. One of you needs a true valentines baby! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->