Valentines Babies, 2013!

Yay :D I'm happy you all like the name Max! It really grew on me, and that's what I wanted to name him when we were in the hospital, but DH had this overwhelming feeling that he was "supposed" to name baby after himself... :dohh: I went along with it, but have been mentally calling him Max since birth!

Sierra, isn't it weird to look at the baby and think that a short while ago he was inside your tummy? It still amazes me. No wonder we were all so uncomfortable. They really are complete little humans, all squished and wiggly in there!

I'm jealous of your DH, lol. We have 3 kids and he has not stayed up ONE night in 4 years :ninja: I try to look at the positive, though. I'm the one who GETS to stay up and bond with baby. This is such a short and sweet time in a child's life... he's the one missing out, haha. There's nothing like the dreamy, almost other-worldly eyes of a newborn staring up at you as the whole world sleeps.

I completely agree- those eyes at night are perfect! Though I wish your Dh would help more. ... I think the whole labor scared my Dh.. seeing his wife in so much pain- he's been really doting and making sure I'm not overdoing it. I love him so much! What a sweetie!

Congratulations midnight! Pretty name! Xx

My photographer friend has been working on the photos she took of Kiara last week and has sent us one today. I am so very very happy with it! Can't wait to get the rest and send a print to my mum (still having treatment and hasn't been able to meet our little lady yet). I think it is such a beautiful photo!...
Though obviously I am biased! :)
Pity my hands look old tho, but Kiara more than makes up for that I say :)
https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_F0CD9B00.jpg

What a gorgeous photo, Helena!! Your hands don't look old at all. It's simply stunning. :D

Congrats, Midnight! I love the name Jade. How was the birth?

I updated the front page! Please tell me if I got anything wrong :)

Thanks.
I think the photo captures how relaxed and chiled out Kiara can be (so far!). I put her to bed almost an hour ago and she is laying in her cot just looking about, with the occasional gurgle for me to go in and put her dummy/ pacifier back in. She is so calm.
It's not always like this, Se does have her moments with trapped wind and cries before each poop, but generally she is really relaxed.
I have found that she sleeps much better on her side. I would prefer her to be on her back thinking of SIDS and all, but she settles so much better on her tummy and side. So I decided to sleep her on her side with a wedge so she can't roll onto her tummy any time soon. My second son was the same, I remember the midwives putting him on his side in hospital so am hoping it isn't too bad...Will check will the pediatrician when we see her for Kiara's first appointment next week. But she just moans and waves her hands when on her back :(

oooh, it has to be said I am fully enjoying being able to lie on my back and on my tummy now no longer pregnant! Seems such a luxury! :)
Anyone else enjoying certain things now not pregnant?..

Just trying to catch up, not finding much time to get online at the mo!

We're doing well though, Matilda is perfect :) DS isn't sure and is definitely testing some boundaries in objection but its to be expected I guess. Just makes me worry how il cope when DH goes back to work :-/

Brief summary of her birth....
Waters went 6.30pm Mon 11th.
Nothing started over night, just a bit of a show in the waters.
Went in to be checked at 8am Tues 12th, all ok and she was still happy so I had until 6pm to get things going naturally or go back in to be induced....
Spent the day walking but nothing significant started, 8pm the hook me up to hormone drip to get contractions going and strong. Kissed goodbye to my water birth!
Got to 1am and I demanded an epidural, in place by 1.30am.
4am, doc is called in the room and I'm prepped for c-sec as her heart rate keeps dropping. She then examined me and I was 5cm so she laid me on my left side and said as long as her heart rate stabilised the next check would be in 4 hours, 4.30am by this point.
I laid there for 10mins before I suddenly felt immense pressure in my bowls, I started crying to DH because I decided now was the time to get embarrassed about needing a poo?!
MW didn't believe I was feeling such pressure until I said it felt like she was coming, she looked and it turned out she was in fact coming!
Never seen a MW move so fast to get things ready but two pushes later and my little lady was out :)
So 5cm to delivery in 20mins!

She is the spitting image of her big brother when he was newborn <3

Congrats midnight! Jade is a lovely name!

Wow blue bear- she got here so quickly at the end! Speaking of embarrassment... Dh and I totally forgot about a funny part in my labor! Right before I asked for the interfeakel, I was lying in.bed in pain when I announced that I had to pee! So the nurse said, "okay, we'll help you out if bed " I adamantly said " I am NOT moving from this bed! " so they had to bring a pad, put it under me so I could pee IN the bed! Oh the lack of shame! Lol I literally can't believe I had lost that much dignity, but Dh and I keep getting a good chuckle out of it now! :haha:

Helena, Kiara sounds perfect! My little guy is a bit of a town cryer but yesterday and tonight saw great improvement! In fact, I'm nursing him after he slept 5.5 hrs tonight! I'm so proud! :)

I am enjoying feeling my dhs arms around me again- and also being able to sip some coffee again- though I try to limit it due to bf.

Wamommy how is the bf going btw? It's definitely more of a challenge than I anticipated and it's hard being the constant food source, but it's getting better every day here. Wondering how you're doing....

My mum and sister came over and cleaned my entire house yesterday and they watched Camden while Dh and I went and got some groceries. It was the first time in 9 months that I had been away from him. It was hard but so very good! And it feels sooooo nice to have my house clean!!! I'm so grateful!

:rofl: Sierra, that's too funny about peeing in the bed :D It's awesome how inhibitions go out the window when you're in labor!

Breastfeeding is SUCH a sore subject for me. I thought I'd be able to accept my low supply this time and not put so much pressure on myself, but I've been beating myself up just like the last two times... :( I attempt to breastfeed, baby cries because he isn't getting anything, crying makes it impossible to latch... repeat... So I've been pumping every 2 hours, and never get more than an ounce per pump (total for both breasts). This isn't enough to feed LO, so we have had to supplement with formula. It's so disappointing, and I wish so very much that I could exclusively breastfeed, but it looks like it isn't in the cards for us. The pumping is taking its toll, and I don't know how long I can keep it up. DH read that the benefits are best if I try at least 3 months, so that's my goal right now. Sigh... I try to tell myself I shouldn't be down about this... I have THREE gorgeous kids, who are smart, kind, beautiful, and perfect (to me, of course), despite my inability to breastfeed. It will just take some time for the sadness about it to pass, I think.

How is everyone else doing? How is life with babies?? My favorite thing: the sound LO makes when he's contentedly asleep. He sounds like a puppy, whimpering in a happy way :D

Don't beat yourself up wamommy, you are doing a great job. Ad pumping and having 3 kids is HARD! I know. Finally taking our breast pump back to the pharmacy today. A so happy. What pump do you have? I know I got nowhere with a manual job.
Baby has had some breastmilk, that is great. He has had mummy's antibodies. You are doing what you have to do xxxxx

Wamommy, thought of you just now as there is something about breastfeeding on British tv just now. it is saying how many more babies in the world can be saved from illnesses such as diarrhea etc if they were breastfed in the first hour of life. Its mostly talking aout the impoverished areas of the world, but it says the colostrum is the important part - it described colostrum as the best natural immune booster known to science. Sounds like good stuff to me!
Your little man got the important part, tha magic bit. Don't beat yourself up sweetie xx

Wamommy- I agree with Helena- don't beat yourself up! You are doing what you can and baby is doing great! I can't imagine how hard it is to keep on with it- I know that I've been so frustrated pumping and feeding- my milk just came in so I know very well how hard it is to latch when baby us crying. He dis that a lot when the milk was switching over. And I'm slowly getting more with pumping but it's taking awhile. . I think the 3 month goal is a good goal- you can do it and we're here for you if you need the support!

I think those little whimpers are cute too! I think my.favorite things are- he'll sneeze twice then the third sneeze is more if a cough sneeze with a sound "coo!" I also think it's adorable when he's just starting a good fuss- his cry is a very discernible "a waa" sound in the beginning which is so cute that it sounds fake. :) love it!

Good Morning All!

DH is watching over Teagen right now and enjoying watching her sleep. Poor dear has a runny nose and mommy has been at her with the bulb syringe. She is still jaundiced and has had to go back for three heel pricks to check her levels. One level is going down, but the other one is staying constant. Our pediatrician has scheduled an ultrasound on her liver to make sure everything is functioning properly.

Breastfeeding is way more work than I had imagined, but it is totally worth it. Right now (due to the jaundice) I have to wake her up every two hours and feed her. My right nipple is inverted so we use a breast shield, which she likes to slide down and not latch onto. This means we spend a lot of time with the left side and pumping the right side. However, at night we are allowed to take a break. She slept for a constant 5 hours last night. Of course I woke up and freaked out a couple of times because she was sleeping so deeply that I couldn't hear her breathing. According to DH this is my fault because when we were in the hospital the nurse tried to wake me to take my vitals (while Teagen was in the NICU) and my BP set of alarms because it came back as 73/36. I had to explain that yes I normally have low BP and no I'm not in dire straights of dieing.

My MIL is finally gone... as of last Thursday. My mom left that Saturday even though she wasn't scheduled to go home until this Saturday, but due to DH's stinky attitude she wanted to give us time alone. I am probably being hormonal, but MIL called last night with more family drama and then told me to: "Give my baby girl a kiss." My mind was all: "Um, she is your granddaughter not your baby. She is my baby so back off!" She also told my DH that no matter how old he is he will always be her baby boy. This slightly disturbs me as he reverts to acting like a child around her. They both need to recognize that he is a grown up not a child. Ugh... sorry for the mini rant.

Congrats on all the happy and healthy births! Too bad none of us actually had a Valentine's baby, but that is okay. I think it is amusing that so many of us went into labor on the same day.

Here is the link to my birth story: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...1741371-teagens-birth-story.html#post25586155

I'm so glad to hear about all your babies! So glad things are going well.

Sierra- what's an interfeakel? The only thing I can think of is maybe intrathecal? Is it like anesthesia?

Hi everyone xx im finding three kids hard lol the kids are well behaved but I want my routine bk lol

Helena and Sierra, thank you so much for your kind words :hugs: :hugs: It means a lot!! I'm pumping as we speak. So far I'm "up" to 1/2-1 ounce per half hour of pumping... sigh... but you're right... he already got the most important stuff. Anything else I can give him now is just gravy :)

Kellen, what an amazing/scary birth!! I'm so glad you two are ok now. She really is beautiful :D

Midnight, I TOTALLY agree...lol... 3 kids is rough. I thought life was chaos before, but now I'm realizing how structured we were! I can't wait to settle into a new routine that works for everyone. Right now we're still in "make it work" mode :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->