Vasectomy already??

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by danni2609, Apr 18, 2009.

1. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

Well me and hubby already have 2 girls but hes made it known he doesnt want anymore and wants to book for a snip already!:cry: Im quite upset as hes basically telling me more kids are a no go and im still unsure if i will definately not want to have anymore ever again seems too final to get the chop im still young and may want another later on, What should i do??

2. Neecee

Neecee Guest

I thought a vasectomy was reversible?

3. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

yeh but supposed to be more complicated to reverse and not neccesarily effective

4. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

i think the stats are like 85% of vasectomys are reversible but its definitely a situation where you need to talk to your OH and make your feelings clear, maybe you could get the implant which is quite longterm - they last 3 years and are 99% effective against pregnancy

5. Mamafy

Mamafy Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4

If you are unsure hun you have to talk to your oh, I wouldn't rely on having to reverse it later on.

Find a good reliable form of contraception, 3 or 4 if necessary :lol: and then talk about it; I wouldn't guarantee he'll change his mind though :(

6. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

men can be such stubborn gits when they set their minds to things, hope you get through to him

7. PitBullMommy

PitBullMommy Princess, FF & Angel Mom

Well...it's evil, but DH wanted one and booked an appointment...so I looked it up on YouTube and showed it to him. Suddenly he's not getting it and neither are two of his friends that were going to get it done that he showed the video to.
    Here it is warning...it's an actual vasectomy...actually, the pic is graphic, so go to YouTube and type in 'no scalpel vasectomy' then you can watch it.

8. embo216

embo216 Mummy to 3 <3

Oh hun, I'd definitely try and sit down and talk about it. Maybe a compromise or something, see if you can have the snip convo in a few years when your all more settled? xx

9. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

maybe tell him how you feel hun have a chat about how youre feeling??? xx

10. Pearl

Pearl Well-Known Member

i think u should sit down and talk together about it. its a verrry big decision to make.

hope what ever happens is best for u xx

11. sam#3

sam#3 Lactivist & Intactivist

We had this situation too, after harry my hubby was adament he wanted one but then we talked and talked and i ended up getting really upset because i realised i actually want one more and so we talked and he came round to the idea and is all for it now and even more eager to get to ttc than me!!!
    Talk to him and tell him how you feel, the angle i went for is that i didnt want him to have one then me want another baby and it end up tearing us apart.
    Failing that id go for the youtube option!!! :)

12. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

You could always adopt if he changes his mind later :)

13. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

No way,its too final. I would be so upset if my OH wanted the snip! your both only young and you never know what you will both feel like in a few years down the line! definatly let him know how you feel hun. Why not just go on long term contraception like the coil? x

14. icculcaz

icculcaz mum of 3 monsters

cool! theres my entertainment 4 the evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. JennTheMomma

JennTheMomma Mommy of 1 & Expecting #2

You both need to sit down and talk. Vasectomies are reversable and they are a pretty simple procedure. You have to respect his decision in the end though. Its his body and if he doesn't want more kids than he doesn't want more kids. Crappy situation, but it needs to be talked about.