Vaughn, Vaughan, or Vonne as a girls name??

daangconcepts

Reaction score
Before I found out were were having a girl I loved the idea of using Vaughn as a girls name. What do you all think of using Vaughn for a girls name or do you think its strickly male?

After coming up with the idea of changing the spelling to Vonne to appear more femine the name seems to loose something to me...some how.

What are your thoughts?

I personally see it as a male name, but if you like it then use it :)

I like it. Like you, I think it loses something when you change the spelling. I like the spelling as-is.

to me:

Vaughn = V-aw-n
Vonne = v-on

I would assume Vonne is short for Yvonne... is that an option? then you can use vonne as a nick name

or you could use Vawn - like Fawn or Dawn with a V

If you like it pick it, but my opinion, since you asked, is a dont like. Sorry!

I agree that ppl might assume it is short for Yvonne or something like that.

I actually really like this!! Vaughn I would pronounce as Vawn (like Dawn/Shawn). I also agree that changing the spelling really loses something in the name.

May I suggest Vaughna?

I can see either on a child and a grown woman - I couldn't see this on a boy/man, honestly. Maybe I'm just weird like that??

Thank you all for your opinions. It in my short list, but may go with something to honor my grandmother.

The reason I don't care for Vaughn (or any of the above spellings) is because its the name of a suburb of Toronto, where I'm from. Its an ok place, but not necessarily the name-your-child-after kind of place. So as a person's name, it sounds funny to me because of that association.

Having said that, I think Vonne makes a feminine and nicer spelling. If you love it, go for it :)

I'm not a huge fan, purely because i know a lot of guys with it as their surname! I think vonne changes the pronunciation and I would immediately think it was short for Yvonne. Saying that's it's your choice and your baby, if loads of people said they didn't like my name, it wouldn't change my mind ha ha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->